• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doom Slayer's travel speed is NOT Supersonic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
KLOL506 said:
Riiiiiiiiight. Then explain why most Naruto characters take trains to travel to other countries or don't run at top speed to reach their destination in seconds. Tram thing is literally not enough to justify it being unacceptable, it just means the Doomguy can't literally run at Supersonic speeds for hours at end, just like how Shinobi can't literally run faster than lightning for hours at an end but are still Massively Hypersonic+ all over (Travel speed, combat speed and reactions included) even for characters with massive stamina reserves.
Plus, Doomguy literally outruns machine-generated electricity all the time.
Please show me examples of Naruto characters take train to travel when there's a world ending threat looming over their heads.

And when did Doomguy outruns machine-generated electricity? His profile doesn't link to the feat.

DDM knows where the electricity feat is, you can ask him. I've contacted him about this thread as well.

As for the train, Team Konohamaru did, Shikadai and his mom Temari did, the band of Hokage did, hell, need I even remind you of why it took 3 days for Kakashi, Naruto, Sakura and Temari to get to the Sand Village in 3 days despite being all of them being very well into MHS+? That too being in the middle of a fierce battle with the Akatsuki?

KLOL506 said:
As for the train, Team Konohamaru did, Shikadai and his mom Temari did, the band of Hokage did, hell, need I even remind you of why it took 3 days for Kakashi, Naruto, Sakura and Temari to get to the Sand Village in 3 days despite being all of them being very well into MHS+? That too being in the middle of a fierce battle with the Akatsuki?
Care to provide context on these world ending threats?

For the train? Urashiki taking out Gaara's tailed beast. A coup going on in Iwagakure, Boruto trying to stop a kid with ice powers and so on.

For the 3-day trip to Sunagakure right at the beginning of the timeskip, when the Akatsuki kidnap Gaara.

Yeah, to Naruto himself who would do anything to save his friend Gaara's life at the cost of his own, it is equivalent to the world coming down on his shoulders.

My only explaination is running on foot across country cost them stamina. But that's not the case for Doomguy, his profile said his stamina is literal limitless.

No, his sprint function also has a limiter. It needs to recharge before he can use it again, but it's pretty quick.

Also his stamina is nearly limitless, not literal limitless, says so on his profile.

Not only that, if anything the tram looks like it's more of an issue with accessing the area the tram is supposed to go to, rather than an issue of speed.

KLOL506 said:
No, his sprint function also has a limiter. It needs to recharge before he can use it again, but it's pretty quick.

Also his stamina is nearly limitless, not literal limitless, says so on his profile.
Is that much better for your case?

I mean, yeah? The recharge is almost near-instantaneous and with upgrades you won't even need to spam the sprint function to keep up with the missiles. So it all boils down to a stamina-based issue, since it's mostly based on his body.

KLOL506 said:

Not only that, if anything the tram looks like it's more of an issue with accessing the area the tram is supposed to go to, rather than an issue of speed.
Are you and me even play the same game? Only Brutal Doom mod has sprint feature ircc.

It is an issue of speed, if it was just accessing the area, he would have simply jogging 80 kilometers and VEGA would open the doors for him, or according to his profile he can just one-shot those doors.

I could ask you the same thing about DOOM Eternal. That's what I'm talking about here.

Doomguy not being able to one-shot the doors himself is game mechanics, Area of effect =/= attack potency. A lot of games won't allow you to blow up buildings with missiles (Minus Battlefield and Rainbow Six Siege) but cars and vehicles are perfectly fair game.

I can't even take this seriously anymore. You guys realize that if Doomguy isn't supersonic, he would never be able to fight against the Cyberdemon in the first place. Considering on in DOOM 2016 states that none of the demons, including the Cyberdemon, were able to stop him. He should be able to do these things if he's considered so much more powerful than theml right? This is literally whole "Mario dies by a Goomba" but this time with speed. It's ridiculous.

DatOneWeeb said:
I can't even take this seriously anymore. You guys realize that if Doomguy isn't supersonic, he would never be able to fight against the Cyberdemon in the first place. Considering on in DOOM 2016 states that none of the demons, including the Cyberdemon, were able to stop him. He should be able to do these things if he's considered so much more powerful than theml right? This is literally whole "Mario dies by a Goomba" but this time with speed. It's ridiculous.
Doomguy combat speed is Supersonic, it's his travel speed that I'm arguing about.

Well again, it's still a stamina-based issue (Though a very minor one due to the instant recharge), and like DatOneWeeb said, other demons can easily reliably keep up with him even when he uses Dash. And there's also the thing about demons being able to literally sidestep from rocket launcher shots.

KLOL506 said:
Well again, it's still a stamina-based issue (Though a very minor one due to the instant recharge), and like DatOneWeeb said, other demons can easily reliably keep up with him even when he uses Dash. And there's also the thing about demons being able to literally sidestep from rocket launcher shots.
And again, dashing is combat speed, so is the demon sidesteping. I'm arguing about his travel speed, which is not supersonic.

What so hard to understand mate? Gameplay is subordinate to other sources, gameplay feats are usable if they don't contradict with other sources. Doomguy travel speed is faster than rocket is gameplay, and it directly contradicts with the plot, which should be treated as a primary source along side with the lore.

Just gonna say Doomslayer taking the train doesn't equate to him needing to take the train.

it could simply be more convinent/easier to take the train to said location rather then running at supersonic speeds the entire way there.

plus "fought through a horde of demons." I mean this is the doomslayer we are talking about. Pretty sure he'd slay a horde of demons just for looking at him funny.

as for time not being on his side? I mean Vega and Hayden made it clear he had the time to take said tram so... why would the doomslayer be in a rush when he has the excuse to kill more demons?

Yeah, this thread is honestly really bad. This is like Game Theory Sonic levels of bad. Just because someone calculated the in game speed based on pixels per second as only X times their own height doesn't make that their canon speed. Plenty of in game projectiles only appear slower just so players can react to them. Even FTL or Immeasurable speed characters are often perceived as trackable by the human eye.

Doomguy can run nearly twice as fast as a rocket propelled grenade. Even Classic Doomguy does this. It's not a game mechanics, it's a legit feat. It's as much of a feat as Link lifting large stone pillars or Solid Snake wrestling with giant mechs. Furthermore, he has other feats such as being able to dodge machine generated electricity at point blank range. Machine generated electricity is Mach 1.6 at minimum.

Doomslayer is all the more overpowered and faster. And there's currently other potential upgrades for him to be made. Him taking a train sounds like common PIS and is similar to how Superman has sometimes decided to ride on an airplane instead of flying.

A scan for the electricity thing would be nice but the rockets alone work out fine on their own.

It's a regular thing in the verse that a lot of cybernetic demons attack by generating machine generated electricity. And I believe Firestorm listed examples in his blog.

I have to unsubscribe from this thread due to time constraints. You can notify me later via my message wall if you need my help after you have reached a conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back