• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doom Eternal Revision Thread

Firestorm808

VS Battles
Administrator
Continued from https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3784745 Continued in https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/4186975

Topics:

• Doom Slayer and Marauder
    • Microwave Beam mod is a beam of pure microwave radiation, which travels at the speed of light. The Marauder, who scales slightly below or equal to the Doomslayer, can react to this mod and block it with his shield., or even dodge it.
    • The Ballista's normal shots fires pure Argent Energy in a laser beam, and the Marauder can block/dodge it.
    • Also, in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IehKVP43C2Q at 9:40, Hugo Martin reaffirms the fact that the Doomslayer killed the Titan(s) with his bare hands (and whatever was written in the codex of DOOM 2016). So, it seems like the crucible is only needed to put down a Titan (or any demon) for good.
  • Unmaykr
    • "A uniquely powerful weapon, the Unmaylkr is kept under lock and key inside the Fortress of Doom. Inspired by Sentinel weapon technology, this celestial firearm was created in Urdak by the ingenious invention of the Maykrs themselves. Upon activation of the weapon, shutter-ports slide open, and the Unmaykr immediately begins launching rapid-fire volleys of condensed tri-directional Argent bolts. The destructive potential of this alien superweapon is rivaled only by the BFG."
  • BFG 10k
    • Payload makes a hole to the core of Mars
    • Calculated at High 6-A to 5-C: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Firestorm808/Doom_Feats#BFG_10000_Payload
    • "Originally established as a mining and communication relay, the UAC outpost on Phobos began immediate expansion following the destruction of the Argent facility on Mars. The UAC Board of Directors, intent on retaining their monopoly of the red planet and its surrounding airspace, issued the construction of an expansive defensive platform. Using technology derived from the BFG-9000, the design plan called for a massive particle cannon to be built on the orbiting moon. The BFG-10000, the largest man-made weapon platform ever conceived, wields enough firepower to defend against even the most sophisticated of capital-grade FTL cruisers in existence - or against the eventual potentiality of a space-bound demonic threat."
    • "The BFG-9000 remains the most powerful weapon ever designed by the UAC., releasing a projectile of pure roiling Argent Plasma. The sphere of superheated energy undulates as Argent Tendriles lash out, drawn to nearby organic material an immediately producing a fatal explosion from within. Dr. Samuel Hayden recently deployed the weapon to Phobos, where it served as the inspirational linchpin for the development of the BFG-10000 defense station. When mounted inside the station's magnifying array, the BFG can be fired into a series of reactive lensing rings; these rings pump a constant stream of gaseous Argent through the barrel, which ignites in reaction to the electrified plasma, producing a tremendous energy wave powerful enough to crack the surface of a planet."
  • Titans
    • "The Thrall, possessing superior resilience, provided indestructible by conventional weapons, thwarfing all attempts by ARC defensive forces."
    • Should be resistant to nuclear weapons.
  • Khan Maykr
  • Crucible
    • "A sacred relic of the Sentinel People, the Crucible remains one of the most mysterious artifacts known to man. Texts from Argent D'Nur reference the weapon in a revered. righteous manner; while Night Sentinels were known to employ similar energy-based blades in their armaments, the Crucible remains the only one powerful enough to reportedly slay titan-class demons. Only the Slayer holds knowledge of this venerated sword, for only he has been known to wild it. The blade burns with ethereal heat, immediately cauterizing flesh as it slices through."
  • Icon of Sin
    • The Icon of Sin fires a laser beam from his head in the final fight, and it appears to be true light or similar enough to qualify for Light Speed. The Slayer can dodge this before it can do damage to him.
    • Icon of Sin being Low 2-C via environmental destruction, but not sure if it scales to his physical stats.
    • Passive Space-Time Manipulation
      • "The Icon's presence warps reality, damaging the implicate order of our dimension merely by existing within it. If allowed to remain unchecked it would lead to the total devastation of Earth, followed by a breakdown of spacetime around the planet. The resultant black hole will eventually drag our universe down, casting it into the mouth of Hell as conquest to be absorbed by the Dark Realm. The Kahn Maykr had taken measures to augment the titan, installing Maykr technology throughout its structure to ensure it could be controlled. With the ritual interrupted the Icon is now fully unleashed, raging across Earth until Hell consumes all. No longer bound by the heart of the Betrayer's Son, the Icon of Sin is free from any measure of control that the Maykrs might've once conceived. Only the Slayer, prophesized in Argenta legend to stand against the Icon, can stop this Apocalypse." ~ VEGA Data Entry: Final Sin
      • So, the Icon would eventually destroy the entire dimension and then send it into Hell, after destroying Earth and fracturing spacetime via just being there.

As I was saying, if the Titan is indeed superior to all human weapons, why can't he be scaled to the 10k feat?

If the Icon of Sin survives the end result of the effect that he has i.e; the destruction of the whole Universe, then that would mean his durability is also Low 2-C.

Intruvious said:
If the Icon of Sin survives the end result of the effect that he has i.e; the destruction of the whole Universe, then that would mean his durability is also Low 2-C.
It was stated that it would survive via raw durability ?

Considering that the Crucible is the only thing capable of killing it, I believe it could be related to this, he survives via Regenerationn, Resurrection or some Type of Immortality, which gets negged only by the crucible

Conventional weaponry doesn't mean things like nukes or anything in the tier 7 range unless conventional weaponry in doom is tier 7 all of a sudden.

Yeah but now that we have the info that only the Crucible can kill them, being immune to weapons could be not related to durability anymore

I'm not so sure on that, it might mean that but the wording implies they just shrugged them off. Whatever our conclusion is, I'm betting the final result will have a "possibly/likely" somewhere.

Titans can be hurt and damaged by things besides the Crucible as the Sentinel history codex proved with the war against hell and the Makyr's betraying the Sentinels. The Crucible just makes them dead dead. Conventional weaponry are things like shotguns up to tanks so given the size of Titans its obvious that those shouldn't do damage to it but a nuke would likely kill them but they could revive from it or something.

Idk. The 9k clearly hurts them during the boss fight (Unmaker works better, protip) and I think with other titans it's more just that they won't stay dead even if they're all carved up if you don't leave a crucible blade in their head.

I said some stuff about the 9k and 10k on the other thread, I'll paste it over here.

I found something interesting in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chjLbCJ3z0k at around the 13 minute mark, the Doomslayer is told to retrieve the Crucible he used in the past to slay a Titan, which further fortifies the notion that the Crucible is needed to permanently kill a Titan.

Also, it's not about how strong the mechs are but rather, what kind of weaponry they are using. As is apparent in the game, they use giant glaives with the blade made out of Argent energy. Can we assume that, perhaps, it's more to do with the Argent energy in the role of damaging Titans than it is to wield a Crucible? Another thing to note; it's more likely that the mechs were only effective against Hell Barges and not Titans.

Why wouldn't the BFG 9K scale to that feat? I heard someone say that the BFG 10K amplifies it, but do we have any statements confirming it's an amp to the BFG 9K. Because they only statement I know off is that fact that it's the direct energy source.

I mean doesn't Hayden say so himself? He noted that the titan that the crucible was impaled in would just get back up if he removed the blade, iirc

I interpreted it as some sort of immortality/regen neg for Crucibles. He even deliberately leaves the blade impaled in the Icon of Sin, and the one titan you get the handle from does start to stir when the blade's jostled a bit.

I don't see how it would be sealing. The titan corpses are still clearly present, it's not like they're inside the sword or something they just impaled

I mean, it doesn't cause a magical sealing or anything. Maybe a statement about souls at best, because all it physically does is keep the undead dead so long as it stays embedded within them. They can't resurrect and are stuck dormant, which is kind of like a form of sealing in a way because they're still technically alive, but in practical terms they're dead and can't do anything.

Well I think the reason the IoS survives is to regenerate, and to regenerate from a black hole you need a High Regen.

Also wouldn't it give the Doom slayer resistance to IoS passives?

That kind of regen isn't supported though - at least, not to my knowledge anyways. It could just be immune to everything but the Crucible in some kind of elemental immortality? Hell, the Crucible being the only thing that can end it seems to support that the Icon would just go on to survive the dimension being destroyed.

Oh yeah that's the other thing, every demon doesn't have a soul (except Lost Souls, I guess) and as such are immune to soul manip. Souls are refined into hell energy and argent, while the husk of the human eventually mutates into a demon.

That level was really hard like you really gonna throw 2 marauders at me on nightmare ffs

We also have a calc putting it at Low 5-B. He seems to have missed the depth though, you specifically blew a hole all the way down to the core and closer shots really look like a huge hole more than a crater.

Doomguy will shoot a hole through the planet and give his opponents a 3-day timeframe to kill him and/or escape like Freeza before the planet eventually explodes due to the core being ****** with.

Low 5-B is small planet

Honestly, it's a lot higher than I was expecting. I was assuming it'd be High 6-A or 5-B but here it is I guess.

Also, that does make me curious: Would the Icon also be able to survive the BFG 10000? Maybe the fact Doomguy didn't try seeing as howbhe's a smart dude implies it wpuldn"t have worked.

Back