• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doom Eternal Revision Thread Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not useless- you're dealing quadruple damage to your opponent, that's hella good. But it's not as impactful as 4x AP would be.

Because it's not a direct thing, consider that a x7 AP amp goes from a painful but manageable hit to something that's got good odds of knocking you out completely, of course that's way more than 7 times the damage inflicted.
??? If doomguy hits a demon with a 28 kiloton punch and then receives a power up that boost the power of that punch by 4 fold what happens?

AP is damage, it's just not a 1 : 1 thing. You don't need quadruple AP to inflict four times the damage, I think that's the idea.

AP is damage, it's just not a 1 : 1 thing. You don't need quadruple AP to inflict four times the damage, I think that's the idea.
Actually without further context, quadruple AP is the idea.

I think you're referring to game mechanics where a stat boost doing "+ x amount of damage" isn't a solid AP increase, but a multiplier, unless contradicted, is completely fair game for AP.

I also think we should add the cheat code power ups because the time limit came from a game mechanic why not get rid of the time limit because of a game mechanic?

The Crucibles used by the Doom Slayer places Titans on stasis (and thus effectively dead) as long as the blade is inside them. But there is no evidence that Titans have resurrection, and they can be killed with sufficient firepower as seen by the Atlan Mechs and the corpse of the Titan the Doom Slayer killed.
Sleep Inducement or Paralysis Inducement seem to fit best.
-ShadowWhoWalks

I agree with it being stasis/Paralysis inducement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back