• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doom Eternal Revision Thread Part 3

I didn't say that. I'm just saying if such a change were to go through, it wouldn't that drastic.

In any case, here's my estimate on Khan Maykr's Orb Shaking Feat.

https://youtu.be/IlL1wcCG4rc?t=2185

The energy originates from the sky, not the plates, so we use Radiated Waves.

Based on this blog,

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:DMUA/Standard_Calculation_for_shaking_the_Earth

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Elizhaa/Goku_shakes_the_Afterlife_Redone

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richter_magnitude_scale#Richter_magnitudes

http://earthalabama.com/energy.html#/

Cloud Height = 8000 m

Viewing Distance = 20000 m

(Joules of Magnitude Radiated Waves)*(4*PI()*((Radius in Meters)^2)) = Total Omnidirectional Energy

Omnidirectional Magnitude 5 Magnitude 6
Radius (m) 2.00E+12 6.31E+13
8000 1.60E+21 5.07E+22
20000 1.00E+22 3.17E+23
12742000 4.07E+27 1.29E+29

Hemisphere Magnitude 5 Magnitude 6
Radius (m) 2.00E+12 6.31E+13
8000 8.02E+20 2.54E+22
20000 5.01E+21 1.59E+23
12742000 2.04E+27 6.44E+28
At least High 6-C, possibly 6-B.

If the range of the seismic waves was the diameter of entire planet, it would be High 6-A.

Shaking the earth is usually Low 6-B, unless they do it violently enough to endanger the Earth's surface. Then it becomes 6-A to High 6-A.

I assumed that the radiated waves from the orb would be omnidirectional with only one hemisphere affecting the Earth.

Also, real quick. Could someone send the interview link about Doomslayer killing the Titan with bare hands and guns?

To add to this,the lore book from the collectors edition did say that the Icon of Sin after coming into existence shortly destroyed the world of Argent'D nur.This adds some favor for the Icon at least being 6-C.

Another thing to note would be the energy drain that the doomslayer has.He absorbs the argent energy from each demon or makyr he kills.So if most of the demons he has killed during his billion year rampage were 9-B hell knights or barons of hell.Hell Knights weigh 35 tons and should exert force equal to the amount,same with Barons of hell;(35 tons x 7,000,000,000 billion demons killed=350,000,000,00 Kinetic Energy absorbed)based on calc here:

3262C0A7-5F09-4F7E-8B1E-615197C95642
This should be 350 teratons of energy(Probably less if it was mostly imps)

Please correct me if anything is wrong,but it's my best attempt at trying to make a summary of power gained during time in hell.

I like that calc for the energy absorption but mods on the wiki consider it too arbitrary for it to merit an AP rating.

Yeah, that kind of assumed multiplier scaling won't fly here without better evidence to support it.

Well it's semi-reasonable considering his suit has an argent receptor that absorbs the energy out of each demon(hence why he can heal wounds after killing demons) so even if many of the demons were far weaker than the hell knight,the sheer amount of energy should add up to something higher than 7-A

The billions of demons come from the fact that the doomslayer spent eons in hell killing many demons and should be faster than what is displayed in the video if the doomslayer can dispose of 9-Bs with relative ease.

This could explain why the doomslayer suddenly got stronger in between games.More argent energy absorbed into the slayer's system via dead demons,equals a stronger doomslayer.

I just did the math. Killing a billion wall-level demons (Assuming the maximum possible AP in that tier cause i don't know if Doom tier 9s have a calc) only got 500 kilotons. So I wouldn't put any stock in that idea.

Putting it to the high end (Hell compromises of Tier 8 and tier 9-A demons as fodder) should be able to put that to a higher end.

The hell knights have a calc of 35 tons.

Barons are probably higher than that.

Tyrants can withstand a BFG9k shot,which is 134.45 tons of TNT.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
That calculations looks super iffy.
This. This calc uses very iffy assumptions and there is no way it'll be accepted.

I don't think the Slayer getting stronger with each demon is linear, while it's pretty much certain that with each demon he kills he gets stronger. Once again we don't know the nature of how it works (Which seems to be a theme with the lore of Doom currently), I doubt that the slayer absorbs the demons maximum energy output when he kills them, and if we want to go this far with calculations, he'd also be outputting energy by just existing, he's been alive for billions of years so in the time he's killing demons, assuming a similar biology to humans he'd have released around 753.73 Megatons worth of energy.

I don't think we should be scaling his demon killing linearly, and we should just assume he gets unquantifiably stronger with each demon.

KieranH10 said:
I don't think we should be scaling his demon killing linearly, and we should just assume he gets unquantifiably stronger with each demon.
I agree, there isn't enough information given with the "gets stronger with each demon killed" line to assume a quantifiable multiplier.

VSBW handles multipliers very cautiously, so this wouldn't have passed anyways.

I mean it's not that far fetched since the Icon's Biggs at feat was 665 megatons and the Doomslayer should be above that as he physically overpowered the Icon,killing him without suffering so much as a scratch.The amount of demons killed should be close as he spent entire eons with nothing but fodder that scale vastly below him.

It's implied that he drains the energy from the demons to boost his strength and get health back.All healing sources with 2016 have been stated to be comprised of only argent energy,and the game states he becomes stronger with the more argent energy absorbed.This is how the Argent Cache's were meant to help the slayer during the events of 2016.

This could also explain why he came out seemingly unscathed from the Argent Tower explosion and the Vega explosion.All of which were completely comprised of Argent energy.

We shouldn't really be discussing at all until the wiki move is over, I don't see this getting accepted how it is rn thought.

Matches shouldn't really have been made until the crt was finalised tbh. Or this stuff will happen unfortunately. If it's agreed that the 7-A is environmental destruction by majority, then that's what it will be, I personally agree that it should be environmental destruction, wether I'll take part in the crt that the staff members plan to create I dunno, but I do think that the storm calcs don't scale to the Icons physicals, just like its reality warping.

The Icon should scale higher than the Orb shaking Urdak anywho,since the Khan Makyr is essentially powerless against the Icon.Either way the 7-A should scale to physical if it's mainly an argent energy storm.

I think so yeah he get's it from resisting Lost Souls which are capable of possessing individuals souls.

So all it would take for the demons to kill doomguy is to just throw 2 lost souls at him at the same time?

DEBC9FE8-5C02-4CFE-8483-B8C383AEE643

hmmmmmmmmm

I guess he just scales way above baseline then due to being pretty much unaffected at all by them.

Soul hax and similar stuff is hard to actually quantify because it doesn't actually exist so there's no remotely even close to objective way to measure its potency.

ngl i've never fully understood how soul manip stuff scales, honestly i've rarely used it or whatever so I won't be the best input here so i'll leave this one.

It doesn't really scale, at least not outside of its own universe, because soul rules are entirely arbitrary anyways.

Actually doomguy could have one of the highest soul manip resistance on the wiki. Hell can passively consume the souls of entire dimensions/universes.
E1797449-2D16-4711-8517-99C9AB5999C8
CA4A9822-9E23-4ACF-B1BA-21CE3E512BAF

DTG499 said:
Actually doomguy could have one of the highest soul manip resistance on the wiki. Hell can passively consume the souls of entire dimensions/universes.
E1797449-2D16-4711-8517-99C9AB5999C8
CA4A9822-9E23-4ACF-B1BA-21CE3E512BAF
It literally states that it takes Eons, so... No.

DTG499 said:
They absorb entire dimensions and doomguy was in hell for eons. So yes.
Your scans don't even say that they absorb dimensions. What the scans DO say is that it takes eons to turn a mortal soul into a demons.

Back