• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doom Eternal Revision Thread Part 2

Now think how would a person on a planet view a large spike being lodged into a planet. It would come from what would be perceived as the heavens. No proof of makyr involvement is known.

They literally refer to said timelines as predictions multiple times. They are predicting possible future timelines as the description says. Doesn't matter if they are called timelines if they are still only predictions. The god-mind sees the possible futures expanding into infinite branches of possible futures.

Dienomite22 said:
Now think how would a person on a planet view a large spike being lodged into a planet. It would come from what would be perceived as the heavens. No proof of makyr involvement is known.

They literally refer to said timelines as predictions multiple times. They are predicting possible future timelines as the description says. Doesn't matter if they are called timelines if they are still only predictions.
It's not written from the perspective of a person in the story it's written from the perspective of the author.

They never said the word "predictions" a single time, this is the actual quote "there exist every predictive variable of possible future timelines"

predictions=/=predictive variables

They are referring to "existing" variables.

Aka they are predicting meaning making a prediction of possible future timelines. TomAto, tomato. This discussion doesn't even matter because this doesn't fit any type of acausality we have and is a new kind "power". It's more a reverse "acausality" of sorts.

They are taking about observing what actually happens within existence and the variables within it. They are real timelines. There is nothing implying that they are making predictions, predictive variable is just a flavorful phrase for possibilities, timelines are just alternative existing(as stated) possibilities.

They are talking about observing predictions of a real universes timeline. The timelines they observe aren't real yet which is why they are called infinite possibilities, possible futures, potentiality.

A predictor variable is a variable used in regression to predict another variable.

They are looking at existing timelines because they have the ability to time travel. You can't say they aren't related because the only use for time travel is to travel to other timelines.

Also

Predictor=/=predictive

Headcanon. We don't know why they are looking into alternate timelines and the alternate timelines they are looking at don't exists yet as that is why they are explicitly referred to as possibilities and possible futures. Feel free to believe what you want, I'm done with this part of the discussion as this doesn't give doomguy acausality regardless if your right or if I'm right.

It would be head cannon if there could be other possible reasons for having time travel in conjunction to the fact that they observe the infinite time lines. So you're going to have to give me one. Regardless doomguy gets Acausality, even if we have to make a new type.

Except there are possible other reasons for viewing possible futures with incredible accuracy, the act in itself is a reason alone as even if they didn't have time travel, that wouldn't make their predictive supercomputer useless. Them having time travel isn't a reason to believe the timelines are real and having time travel doesn't give you the ability to travel across timelines in the first place. If you use that as your reasoning it is going to get thrown to the side. Have fun convincing people this is acausality or creating a new type of acausality.

How is existing in all timelines acausality anyway If you drop an immortal in a verse full of people with no chance of killing him he's probably going to be in all of them

ZephyrosOmega said:
How is existing in all timelines acausality anyway If you drop an immortal in a verse full of people with no chance of killing him he's probably going to be in all of them
It's infinite possibilities meaning there could have been a possibility that the sentinels never found doomguy or doomguy never even made it to the sentinel home world or just the possibility of doomguy dying before he even gets to that point. All those possibilities never transpired even though there is an infinite number of them.

ZephyrosOmega said:
So you don't know for certain.
What makes you think I'm uncertain? It's infinite possible timelines literally anything could happen. A timeline where doomguy was never born, a timeline where the demons never invaded, a timeline where his rabbit is still alive and I can keep going. These are all just examples, the main point is there is not a single possibility, among the infinite number, in where doomguy doesn't destroy the Makyrs.

DTG499 said:
ZephyrosOmega said:
So you don't know for certain.
What makes you think I'm uncertain? It's infinite possible timelines literally anything could happen. A timeline where doomguy was never born, a timeline where the demons never invaded, a timeline where his rabbit is still alive and I can keep going. These are all just examples, the main point is there is not a single possibility, among the infinite number, in where doomguy doesn't destroy the Makyrs.
Anything COULD happen.

You don't know how the doom timeline works and thus you can't say with any degree of certainty.

They explain how the timelines work in the codex. The makyr mind is infinite, EVERY timeline is know with omniscient, inextricable clarity. What more do you need than literally infinite possibilities

There's another feat from the Mancubus it's self that might yield 9A. It literally jumps through the ground and fragmenting all the concrete on it's Way up. It's on the same mission where you get Samuel Hayden and fight the marauder for the first time.

there's a few times in the game where demons burst through walls/floors. I might check them out if I get time.

@Fupdumpthegump

His durability calculation got updated to 7-B

@Dienomite22 and DTG499

You guys are forgetting about the additional information from the Lore Book regarding the Multiverse.

Ch 5 Demon VS Slayer

There is none on his profile for durability. I forgot to remove those for striking strength.

Firestorm808 said:
@Fupdumpthegump

@Dienomite22 and DTG499

You guys are forgetting about the additional information from the Lore Book regarding the Multiverse.
Did you mis click a link or is there more to the picture and just can't scroll? I don't see any info about the multiverse.

Firestorm808 said:
@Fupdumpthegump

@Dienomite22 and DTG499

Ch 5 Demon VS Slayer
I was aware of that scan far before the game released and made an imgur with it in it so I didn't forget. It's not related to what was being discussed.

ShadowWhoWalks said:
@Dienomite22Can you explain why omniscience is ineffective to stop or defeat the Doom Slayer unlike anything else, even with access to time travel?
Omniscience doesn't give you the power to defeat a thing that is so far above you in power. A ant having omniscience wouldn't be able to defeat a human for the most part and there are many parts to a fall of a civilization as indicated by what happened to Urdak. Using time travel to kill doomguy should maybe be within their power but we have no proof of them using it to do so, which is where I take issue with using it as a justification for anything. It's the attempt to justify a ability on the basis that an entirely fabricated scenario could've happened.

It doesn't line-up with any form of acausality so I disagree. It's just a different ability that hasn't appeared on the wiki yet.

Dienomite22 said:
It doesn't line-up with any form of acausality so I disagree. It's just a different ability that hasn't appeared on the wiki yet.
So you agree it's defiantly note worthy you just think it's going to be something different.

Honestly i kind of agree with on that respect. I don't know for sure what type of Acausality this would be. What do you think.

Back