• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doom Eternal Revision Thread Part 2

few opinions I don't really feel super dead-set on debating and would rather just share my thoughts on

1. I don't think SoL DOOM is viable based on what I saw in game/the specific screenshots shown here. They all show abnormal qualities and don't seem like true light, rather just shedding light as a result.

2. Argent energy empowering his weapons would make sense I guess, it would explain a lot.

3. BFG 10000 shouldn't scale in any way shape or form to the BFG 9000. Any attempt to scale them comes down to pure conjecture about how much the BFG 10000 itself empowers the BFG 9000, making said attempt null and void.

It's not conjecture they literally say the BFG 9K remains the strongest weapon in the UAC after we see the 10K feat. The conjecture comes down to the interpretation of wether or not the stated reaction is a range increase that just turns the BFG shot into a high velocity beam or a power increase. To which I will add there are no statements of added power, there is only one confirmed power source, the BFG 9K. People need to prove that the stated reaction is a power increase not just a range magnification and velocity increaser.

Yeah a lot of what Bambu said looks good, personally I'm a bit iffy with the Argent empowering his weapons but it could work.

Jerek Stormgard said:
His helmet won't help him in space when his skin is exposed.
Good point, but still not self sustenance type 1, he would get resistance to cosmic radiation.

No in-game text says he doesn't need the suit to survive space and it's unknown if he went to space when using his sentinel armor.

"When mounted inside the stations magnification array the BFG can be fired into a a series of reactive lensing rings,these rings pump a constant stream of constant stream of gaseous Argent through the barrel which ignited in reaction to the electrified plasma,producing a tremendous energy wave"

.So all the BFG 10K does is give it planetary range with magnefication lenses and help give it consistent GASEOUS energy within the rings to meet such a range.It does not add additional energy to the BFG,only streamlining gas into the ring to provide it with planetary range.It is fair to scale the BFG10k to the 9k as it is still the undisputed most powerful weapon within the UAC's arsenal.

It's not like demons being High 6-A is going to be straight out of left field, a demon probably broke the moon and the icon is most likely planet level.

You need to provide proof he doesn't need the suit in space. The optional Sentinel armor that is only projected onto him to change his appearence isn't proof.

Trying to say Doomguy can survive in space because the Praetor suit isn't mentioned to act as a fuctional space-suit despite him never being shown to survive in space without the suit is in itself pure head canon and illogical.

The codex doesn't mention the praetor suit doing alot of things that it is capable of doing. You can believe what you want but he ain't getting Self-Sustenance just because the codex doesn't mention the Praetor suit allows him to breath in space.

The codex entry mentioned everything from argent energy absorbing and from every thing that happened in doom eternal with the suit being connected to the fortress showing how advanced the suit is, but not even a mention of how it helps him survive in space.

Look at the BFG 10K like this

If you blow air freshener to an open lit lighter,it will cause a reaction for the flame to blow at the direction the febreeze is blowing in with much farther range.

Same thing with the magnefication ring arrays and the GASEOUS energy within the rings themselves.The BFG 10K only gives a reaction so that the blast goes at a much farther and condensed direction via chemical reaction.

BFG 10k should scale to the 9000.

Tldr:the BFG 10k is the febreeze,BFG 9k is the fire

Doomguy doesn't really even need to eat, sleep, or breath to survive. And he was able to survive in Hell completely naked.

Where are you getting these from? Just curious I'd like to read them myself

Got it from the artbook, you can find it on a freecomics website but I forgot which one.

Mr. Bambu said:
few opinions I don't really feel super dead-set on debating and would rather just share my thoughts on

1. I don't think SoL DOOM is viable based on what I saw in game/the specific screenshots shown here. They all show abnormal qualities and don't seem like true light, rather just shedding light as a result.

2. Argent energy empowering his weapons would make sense I guess, it would explain a lot.

3. BFG 10000 shouldn't scale in any way shape or form to the BFG 9000. Any attempt to scale them comes down to pure conjecture about how much the BFG 10000 itself empowers the BFG 9000, making said attempt null and void.
I've made an argument that the BFG 10k only serves to increase effective range, so no any attempt to scale doesn't argue from conjecture, lol. The BFG is the undisputed energy source behind the BFG 10k and thus should scale to it, the BFG 10K just changes how the BFG 9K operates as to defend itself from large space craft or the eventual space bound demon, there is no mention of a power increase and you can logically just say the 10k increases range and range alone.

His arms are exposed in the new praetor suit and he doesn't get frost bit or whatever other bad things that come from having exposed body parts in space, so I'm going with he doesn't need the suit to survive the vacuum of space.

@Jangles211

Let's say the initial BFG 9,000 creates a 1 m^3 volume ball of Argent Energy with say 1000 Joules/m^3 density totaling 1000 Joules. Once it goes through the Reactive lenses, let's say the BFG 10,000 reaction would create a one of two results:

1: It creates a 2 m^3 volume beam with an energy density of 500 Joules/m^3, totaling 1000 Joules

2: It creates a 2 m^3 volume beam with the same energy density of 1000 Joules/m^3, totaling 2000 Joules.

By increasing range without increasing power, the weapon is an overall weaker attack per volume.

On another note, the crucible or any Argent Plasma shouldn't emit heat hotter than any known star. Argent Plasma just has high energy absorbance and storage, taking in the energy of a sun temp laser.

"When a 2 megakelvin cutting laser was fired at the substance, it absorbed the heat with ease and remained self-contained."

That's because you are going in with the initial assumption that there has to be a power increase and not the taking in the possibility that the BFG 9K could either be stronger without the 10K or in the likely case providing the energy for said reaction.

Can you reword your explanation in a similar manner to my case example? I don't think I follow.

Firestorm808 said:
Can you reword your explanation in a similar manner to my case example? I don't think I follow.
"By increasing range without increasing power the attack is overall weaker"

With that in mind the 9K could just be stronger than the 10K.

Or

Providing the energy for said power/range increase. The most likely case.

That's not really what I meant. This is what I got from your interpretation.

Let's say the Power Supply of the BFG9k has a capacity of 5,000 Joules.

The initial BFG 9,000 shot is a 1 m^3 volume ball of Argent Energy with say 1000 Joules/m^3 density totaling 1000 Joules used.

The Reactive Lenses taps into the leftover Power Supply for an extra 1000 Joules for the electrified argent plasma reaction, so at the end, the BFG 10,000 reaction would create a 2 m^3 volume beam with the same energy density of 1000 Joules/m^3, totaling 2000 Joules.

Therefore, the BFG 9,000 does not scale in AP to the BFG 10,00 resulting energy.

Still driving me nuts that no ones is mentioning the crucible from 2016,which now is in the slayer's possession.The crucible holding the power of the 4 wraiths,who when they came into existence bore a planet cracking hole into the planet.Not to mention having the ability to tear a hole into hell,which lead to the events of DOOM 2016 in the first place.

Yes. The result of the Argent reaction is more powerful than the initial BFG 9000 shot.

"When mounted inside the station's magnifying array, the BFG can be fired into a series of reactive lensing rings; these rings pump a constant stream of gaseous Argent through the barrel, which ignites in reaction to the electrified plasma, producing a tremendous energy wave powerful enough to crack the surface of a planet."

The BFG10k upgrades from vaporizing flesh to vaporizing pieces of the planet.

Ahh ok,but is that really clear evidence.Can vapor be atomized by a 6-A gun,if not then it could be just gameplay on why a direct BFG9k shot doesn't immediately destroy the surrounding areas.It does destroy all enemies from a direct hit,except for the marauder's shield.Which is made out of pure argent energy to be fair.

Just trying to clear the fogginess of the lore here.Thank you.

Firestorm808 said:
Yes. The result of the Argent reaction is more powerful than the initial BFG 9000 shot.

"When mounted inside the station's magnifying array, the BFG can be fired into a series of reactive lensing rings; these rings pump a constant stream of gaseous Argent through the barrel, which ignites in reaction to the electrified plasma, producing a tremendous energy wave powerful enough to crack the surface of a planet."

The BFG10k upgrades from vaporizing flesh to vaporizing pieces of the planet.
I mean it kinda says the 9K is creating the reaction but I get it we all have our own opinions on what is going on with the reaction.

Guys I'm an idiot. For some stupid reason it didn't click in my head that the Titan in taras nabad is a different one than the one in 2016. So the Slayer has killed more than two, at least three. My only question is, why is the Titan in taras nabad still full of flesh and bone while the Titan in 2016, a Titan that was killed later on, nothing but none?

Back