• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doom Eternal Revision Thread Part 2

Armorchompy said:
If it transformed them, then it's perfectly plausibly they became stronger.
The description of this picture states that the sentinels were spilling the blood of the marauders. So they actually don't scale to the slayer in any way.
4766DD45-E929-4A4F-8378-92AB50E28F4D

BTW this is the ranking of scaling priority, lore descriptions>cut scenes~>glory kills>gameplay. Correct me if I'm wrong mods.

DeadButDreaming said:
I don't understand, why does the crucible kill Titans by ignore Titan durability and not by sheer strength?
I doesn't ignore dura it just prevents them from resurrecting. It does have an ignore dura factor via heat but I don't think it's applicable to the titans since they have a record of high heat resistance.

DTG499 said:
Armorchompy said:
If it transformed them, then it's perfectly plausibly they became stronger.
The description of this picture states that the sentinels were spilling the blood of the marauders. So they actually don't scale to the slayer in any way.
Cause, as I said, their actual durability probably isn't scalable to the Slayer, only weaponry and possibly LS.

Also side note, we have only seen titans resurrect into there pre existing bodies. The reason people say icon of sin doesn't scale to his planet bust attack via durability is because he'll just resurrect from it. This is a wrong assumption all titans have resurrected into there none destroyed bodies, in the icons case his body would be damn near erased from existence. So you can't say he would be able to resurrect from dying in the black hole or planet destruction. I'd say give the icon 5-B rating and a resistance to black holes. On top of that the prophecy states that only the slayer would be able to kill the icon so this would include his own attacks and the BFG 10000.

Cause, as I said, their actual durability probably isn't scalable to the Slayer, only weaponry and possibly LS.

No that just means the weaponry of the sentinels are still relative to the marauder's weapons thus meaning the titan would one shot them, shield included.

I just noticed if you look at that video that was linked in the previous thread where Midnight interviews Hugo about the killing the Titan, Hugo says The Slayer also used weapons in addition to his bare hands.

Firestorm808 said:
@Jangles211

Let's walk through the Codex entries
Many games and even within Doom don't quite grasp how powerful the weaponry they make actually is, the crucible itself should be hotter than any known star due to the science of argent, but at best we get "instantly cauterizes the wound" I don't accept the lack of total realism as a debunk, and those tests likely were made by using the tendrils of the BFG seeing as it states they seek out targets.

Also Doom eternal just mentions a fatal explosion from within rather than vaporization.

Yes the BFG cannot crack a planet from phobos itself, it lacks effective range accuracy and speed, which is the entire point. The argent plasma they pump into the rings reacts with the original BFG 9k projectile to create the beam entirely, they wouldn't make the point that the BFG 9K powered the BFG 10K if it didn't make up the majority of the attack.

The BFG 9K is the most powerful weapon created by the UAC, The BFG 10K just amps it, just like you can with a magnifying glsss.

Also according to the lore book the Icon was used to absorb Argent D'nur dimension, which is how I imagine they absorbed it into hell to begin with, the icon must have survived it then no?

Also the marauder does not scale to the Slayer, when he catches his punch he gets overpowered in seconds which allows him to stab the marauder.

DTG499 said:
Did he specify what weapons were being used or is it just implied to be the crucible?
It can't be the Crucible it was still imbedded in that Titan in Taras Narbad while Doom Slayer was in Hell so it at best could have been some of the regular ass Sentinel Weapons from the Night Sentinels that came with him

Jangles211 said:
Also according to the lore book the Icon was used to absorb Argent D'nur dimension, which is how I imagine they absorbed it into hell to begin with, the icon must have survived it then no?
Is that in the Collectors Editions only?

It can't be the Crucible it was still imbedded in that Titan in Taras Narbad while Doom Slayer was in Hell so it at best could have been some of the regular ass Sentinel Weapons from the Night Sentinels that came with him

That's the Titan we're talking about. The Titan at Taras nabad is the Titan that was first mentioned in 2016

DTG499 said:
Did he specify what weapons were being used or is it just implied to be the crucible?
He didn't but its pretty much implied that he at least used his crucible and his super shotgun since we see him wielding those two in pretty much all the lithographs

DeadButDreaming said:
That's the Titan we're talking about. The Titan at Taras nabad is the Titan that was first mentioned in 2016

Oh sorry i forgot what the slayers testament actually said in 2016 i thought it said he was already in Hell when the Titan fought him

Jangles211 said:
Any titans after that were likely dealt with via his fists and normal weaponry.
I doubt the Slayer took on other Titans besides the 2016 titan and the icon. I don't think the game would miss that info especially when it's trying hard to be the ULTIMATE power fantasy.

I doubt the Slayer took on other Titans besides the 2016 titan and the icon. I don't think the game would miss that info especially when it's trying hard to be the ULTIMATE power fantasy.

They fight against titans in their conquest against hell, here doomguy is fighting against titans with atlans and such.

Jangles211 said:
To be clearer he is fighting along side atlans.
Atlans were probably the ones who took care of other Titans most likely seeing as how Doom Slayer was a general so he probably busy leading charges and whatnot. Also the fight with that one titan went on for a while it's not like he could go around stomping Titans like he stomps hell knights.

Atlans were probably the ones who took care of other Titans most likely seeing as how Doom Slayer was a general so he probably busy leading charges and whatnot. Also the fight with that one titan went on for a while it's not like he could go around stomping Titans like he stomps hell knights.

The Slayer was depicted fighting on his own, why wouldnt he fight the titans he has already been proven to scale above them physically, and he isn't a general either he is the great slayer, he slaughters he does not lead. And besides, he likely absorbed the power from the titan like he does all demons he slays

Bruh the devs admitted to the slayer beating the life out of titans before the events of Doom with his fists.His hatred for the demons always had him fighting in the front lines,so he obviously tore titans/hell barges down with ease.

The battle with the titan was also suggested to last not very long.Since the doomslayer showed far superior strength to the titans.(breaking a chain that held two titans to the tower of Nekroval)

ThisThingisReallyBroken said:
Bruh the devs admitted to the slayer beating the life out of titans before the events of Doom with his fists.His hatred for the demons always had him fighting in the front lines,so he obviously tore titans/hell barges down with ease.
What? When did they say that? They said he beat that one titan, I don't recall them saying he ran around stomping them like imps.

The Slayer was depicted fighting on his own, why wouldnt he fight the titans he has already been proven to scale above them physically, and he isn't a general either he is the great slayer, he slaughters he does not lead. And besides, he likely absorbed the power from the titan like he does all demons he slays

Because it never said anywhere he fought multiple Titans. And in eternal the game straight up says he was a general who led the sentinel armies.

Because it never said anywhere he fought multiple Titans. And in eternal the game straight up says he was a general who led the sentinel armies.

Where does it call him a general? They depict multiple titans fighting atlans, and the devs confirmed he does not require one to defeat a titan (Bethesda game days)

Where does it call him a general? They depict multiple titans fighting atlans, and the devs confirmed he does not require one to defeat a titan (Bethesda game days)

It straight up says it in the codex entries. I don't have the game on currently so I can't post pictures now but I'll try and find it later. And yes, I'm not saying he can't take down a Titan by himself, he's obviously done that twice already. I'm just saying that there's nothing to confirm or imply that he ran around stomping titans.

It straight up says it in the codex entries. I don't have the game on currently so I can't post pictures now but I'll try and find it later. And yes, I'm not saying he can't take down a Titan by himself, he's obviously done that twice already. I'm just saying that there's nothing to confirm or imply that he ran around stomping titans.

(With the exception of the dreadnought and the icon of course)

and the fact of the statement saying that not a single demon was able to lay a scratch on him so yes he was stomping titans

DTG499 said:
and the fact that not a single demon was able to lay a scratch on him so yes he was stomping titans
Most of the demons he fought were most likely imps, hell Knights, etc. Of course theyll get stomped. I don't see why that means he's stomping Titans like nothing.

Bottom line:

Can the Slayer can beat Titans with his own strength? Yes

Has he come across a few during his time in hell? Likely.

Does how often it happens matter? Not really.

Back