• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doom Eternal Revision Thread Part 2

He still scales to the statement of being able to destroy the planet since he would clearly survive the attack.

But not even the slayer could have put down the Icon for good without the Crucible,and Samuel was doubtful whether or not the slayer can even destroy the Icon of Sin alone.He must have at least considered the use of the BFG10k before realizing it's ineffectiveness against the Icon.Neither Samuel or the UAC were completely confident the slayer could have defeated the Icon.The use of the BFG10k must've been considered especially since Samuel has some prior knowledge of the Icon beforehand.If the BFG10k was stronger than the Icon,Samuel wouldn't have been panicking.

@DeadButDreaming

For my playthrough, it wasn't too difficult to dodge the meteors.

An enslaved demon using its own brute strength to pull apart or strike the chains and shackles is the same thing.

On another note, we can upgrade the high end of Doom Slayer's durability from Low 7-B to 7-B.

Grand Gulf Nuclear Station Annual Output, 1 reactor= 7438 GWh = 2.6777e+16 Joules = 7-B

Because that requires more force to break

For instance MonsterVerse Kong breaks chains that put him in Class M

It's fodder for Slayer if they're normal but could add to the stats for the Demons

I believe you read it wrong. Doom Slayer broke the chains that the enslaved Titans could not.

Firestorm808 said:
@DeadButDreaming

For my playthrough, it wasn't too difficult to dodge the meteors.

An enslaved demon using its own brute strength to pull apart or strike the chains and shackles is the same thing.

I was just answering your question about the methodology of striking and pulling the chain.

"Also, that thing about him breaking the chains the titans couldn't, the Titans were both chained up and couldn't use their hands, the only thing they look like they can do is pull, so how do we know they couldn't break them? Unless striking strength and pulling strength work hand in hand and I don't know better."

The Enslaved Titan is the Enslaved Demon. My statement about the Doom Slayer and the chain is in the OP.

My point is that an Enslaved Titan attempting to strike or pull the chain is basically the same amount of force.

The titan's size alone warrants the chains being extremely tough, the Slayer at least scales to that.

Just another small thing, in History of the Sentinels - Part 4, the slayer is stated to have "Pushed beyond mortal wounds and certain death"

Sounds like pretty clear Type 2 Immortality. This was before the events of DOOM 2016 and before he got his power buff so likely scales to every key, including OG Doomguy.

Come to think of it, since the continuity is the same, shouldn't we upgrade him to 8-B or whatever the BFG is, since he can take out enemies that can survive a shot from it?

Unlike the Slayer, I don't OG Doomguy is superior to BFG, he's just a pretty amped human.

While we're here, I thought Doom 3 wasn't canonical, why are we scaling weapons and bosses to their canonical counterparts? (Don't mean to derail)

He's not superior to it, but unless at point blank, the Cyberdemon and the Mastermind can survive a BFG shot, and, rarely, a Baron of Hell can too. So, since he can take them down without it (canonically, since there's no BFG in Episode 1 or 2 of Doom 1), his weapons should scale.

And it's kind of iffy, I don't think there's any hard statements on the subject, but IIRC Eternal references Doom 3 at some point.

Technically, Doom 3 is a reboot of Doom 1 as an alternate Timeline. All timelines connect to the same hell.

With the weapons scaling, it seems just like PIS or outliers, there's constantly characters being harmed by weaker attacks in fiction, I think an example that's actually used on the wiki is with Dragon Ball, where these Planetary to Universal beings are being harmed by building scale attacks. The same seems to apply here, they're clearly inferior to the boss demons, but due to the game being a game, they have to be able to harm them. That and i'm currently finalizing a calc for the Microwave beam on the plasma rifle so I don't wanna make it pointless

Ahh, I see. Momentarily forgot that Hell was it's own multiversal structure. Seems fair enough.

I'm neutral with the Icon stuff atm, still leaning towards disaree, It's seems ok but could also be considered Reality Warping. We don't fully know the nature of the feat, it's just implied that he's going to destroy the planet, if it's the black hole that will do it, then he'll simply get a resistance to black hole manipulation since they often cant be used to give solid tiers. If it's through reality warping then it's narrowed down to passive hax, and if it's through any other means, then it's fine, but it's likely not through brute physical strength so I dunno.

I'm neutral towards any Icon tiering except Low 2-C which is kinda dumb

EDIT: Physically, I mean.

I'm talking about scaling it to his durability, because the statement was that the planet's destruction would result in a black hole.

The black hole would destroy the planet, or the destroyed planet would become a black hole?

The first gives resistance the Black Holes.

Second I don't know if that can be calced or how that even works so I might not be able to say much on this.

I agree that BFG 10K does not scale to the BFG 9K, and not sure who caused the storm feat again? I said a character using Argent energy to form the storm would certainly be an AP feat.

The lightning within the storms that appeared when the icon resurrected on urdak and earth were green as if they are made of argent energy meaning the storms can likely tie to ap.

Firestorm808 said:
I was just answering your question about the methodology of striking and pulling the chain.

"Also, that thing about him breaking the chains the titans couldn't, the Titans were both chained up and couldn't use their hands, the only thing they look like they can do is pull, so how do we know they couldn't break them? Unless striking strength and pulling strength work hand in hand and I don't know better."
I asked the question. I think you've convinced me. In fact, not only did he punch chains Titan could not break, when he punched it it, he did so very casually from what I can tell. Should that count for something?

By the way, I don't know if any of you would really care for this but, on the Doom fandom wiki page of the cyberdemon I found this;

"Its primary attack is to aim its arm cannon directly at the Slayer to lock on a powerful "seeker wave," producing laser beams from the tips of the four outer tubes of the launcher."

It says he fires lasers. Now I know using wikis makes me look like a 5th grader but, I figured to drop this in here just to see what you guys think. Maybe someone can play the game and compare the cynerdemons attacks to other attacks to make sure.

I mean we can look into where they got that from but it's likely not valid, if there's a statement in the games that it's a laser then that'd work. Wikis normally throw the word laser around for a lot of things. Unless we get a source there's not much we can do with wiki statements.

CE423FF3-20CD-46FE-A5D4-6215F90693DF
Alright so the quote says devastation of earth via time space hax resulting in a black hole. The wording is important here, the physical act of destruction is still taking place here because that is how the black hole is being made.

If it's done via Space-Time hax, then the black hole probably doesn't scale to physical stats. And that it would just be space-time resistance rather than durability to survive it.

Back