• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doom Eternal Revision Thread Part 2

Hellbeast1 said:
Maybe he's closer to revival?
The only thing I can think of is maybe time flows differently in hell. So like, maybe 1000 years passed in hell while in Taras Nabad only 5 years passed. But this is based on speculation

Also, this may be a dumb question but for the sake of Doom slayers profile, are we to assume the crucible swords can only be used for 3 swings or is that just a game mechanic?

We need to make clarifications on the nature of the titans resurrection properties. I say that the icon is 5-B because he would at least be surviving the initial planet bust attack and his own black hole giving him black hole resistance. But people dispute this by saying that he would just die but resurrect afterwards. We have only seen the titans resurrect back into their existing bodies we have not seen one come back from what would be damn near existence erasure.

Short story, we have no clue

Long story, we have no ******* clue, but probably speed upgrades

If the storm was created using Argent energy, then the feat is legit for scaling.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
If the storm was created using Argent energy, then the feat is legit for scaling.
If that's the case then it totally should scale

We could also say the the Icon should be stronger than whatever blew up the moon early in the invasion.

And the BFG 10K because the prophecy said only the slayer could stop him. and *cough* *cough* the fact he was going to destroy the planet.

Storms don't defaultly scale to AP, I stand by the idea of BFG 10k not scaling directly to the BFG 9k.

Yeah I still dunno if the Icon scales to his environmental destruction, personally i'm against it.

The Moon destruction feat is a complete mystery to us, we don't know what performed it or in what timeframe, so I don't think we can get much out of it.

As for scaling him to the 10k, i'm honestly not sure, the justification seems fine, but I feel we need more than just "the prophecy said so"

I also don't think the 9k scales to the 10k.

KieranH10 said:
Yeah I still dunno if the Icon scales to his environmental destruction, personally i'm against it.

The Moon destruction feat is a complete mystery to us, we don't know what performed it or in what timeframe, so I don't think we can get much out of it.

As for scaling him to the 10k, i'm honestly not sure, the justification seems fine, but I feel we need more than just "the prophecy said so"

I also don't think the 9k scales to the 10k.
I second this. Especially the part about the bfg 9k scaling to the 10k.

I would love to see the storm calculated although, the khan Makyer could scale above The wraiths but unfortunately there was no Direct statement that says this. We do have the fact that the Sentinels, a civilization who previously worshiped the wraiths and respect power above all, were Dumbfounded when they saw the Makyer and then changed to worshiped her. But that's it, and There's probably something I missed that makes this all wrong.

Well Samuel wouldn't have been screaming and panicking in the slayer's ears if all it took was a BFG10k shot into the Icon.Reasons included

60% of the worlds population was destroyed in a month,most likely much higher since the ARC fell.Not to mention the atmosphere was completely pumped with toxic gas and lava flow,attempts to inhabit the Earth again would be much more dangerous than just using FTL ships to seek out more habitable planets.There is nothing worth salvaging anyway.

2.The Icon included the destruction of the universe via blackhole,not just Earth.They cant just run away and hope everything will be fine

3.Most of humanity is on Phobos anyway

I think it's fair that Samuel is more then willing to destroy Earth and it's remaining populous if it means keeping the entire universe safe from the Icon's effects.

So I think it's really fair to scale the Icon the BFG10k.

1: Yeah 60% was gone, but that still puts potential casualties in the billions

2: Still, it'd be counter productive to blow a hole in the Earth, to save the Earth. Hayden likely wanted the Slayer because he wouldn't blow a huge hole in the planet he was trying to save.

3: Still... billions on Earth...

4: Samuel was barely willing the blow a hole in Mars, a planet with likely much less people on it.

and to be fair it's not like the prophecy was wrong. added to that Samuel Hayden treated the icon of sin like it was an unstoppable force of nature, and he made the BFG 10000. But this stuff just implies that it could scale so I don't know.

Sorry to bring this up but, can we be sure the Slayer dodged meteors? In the building where you fight the icon there's two floors. It's possible he just ran to the second floor so the first floor could protect him. Just saying.

First off it's likely less now that the ARC fell,must be like and additional 5-10% of humanity.Add to that its likely been a more than a month and it's another 5%.Most of humanity would have been evacuated to Phobos at the point or as it states in the codex

"Cryogenically frozen in a ship floating in space" stating by all intents and purposes it is the last hope for humanity.Samuel is more than willing to kill a lot of people if it means it would give another chance for humanity.It is impossible to salvage earth as it has been destroyed and made uninhabitable in most areas.If they can start anew in Phobos,they can find another planet similar to Earth.There is no reason not destroy Earth(disregarding morals,which Samuel has a lack of,UAC stuff on mars)so their is no reason not to save the entire solar system from destruction with a BFG10k shot.

If we can get more solid evidence that shows the Icon being superior to the 10K then that'd probably be best. Unfortunately it's still just a theory that lacks sufficient proof.

Have we also considered that the Slayer directly ripped a component out of the 10k, which set off all sorts of alarms and red alerts, are we sure it was even still active or even functional when the Icon showed up?

Firestorm808 said:
The Slayer is the player, so it's whatever the player can do.
I see. Is it possible to dodge those things in the game? Every time they'd come out they'd hit me from the back or from overhead.

Also, that thing about him breaking the chains the titans couldn't, the Titans were both chained up and couldn't use their hands, the only thing they look like they can do is pull, so how do we know they couldn't break them? Unless striking strength and pulling strength work hand in hand and I don't know better.

Samuel has the crucible.The main and last source of argent energy powerful enough to power entire military facilities like the ARC.He obviously made at least multiple BFG's in order to cope up with encroaching demons.This is further backed up by 2016 doomslayer,taking at the time what was the only BFG in existence in his hands.Now you are saying Samuel,who is implied to be the seraphim,who single handedly solved the energy crisis with the discovery of argent energy,smart of enough to command military to fend off demons to buy humanity some time wouldn't make more than 2 BFGs.Especially since all the demons in Phobos were now gone,and wit phobos being surrounded by external 9-A turrets,another control pod could easily be reconstructed with the staff making another pod and just hooking the BFG as easily as he yanked this off.This would've prevented any need for the travel's to Taras Nabad to get the crucible(which he exclaims to be the only thing that can stop him),venturing into Urdak a sacrificing one of the most powerful and intelligent A.I known to man who is implied to be the Father of the Makyrs and the Icon stomping around earth for 5 hours messing with the space time continuum.All the travels would've most likely at least been a couple of days worth of time,in which another pod have been easily recreated.The Icon would have been of little issue if he could really be stopped by the BFG10k.

I'm saying the BFG10K is the most powerful weapon that the UAC has, the 9k was experimental in 2016. It doesn't seem like there would be many just lying around, and even if there were, I doubt the most advanced technology in the UACs possession would be just a casual fix, especially considering they now have another weapon (The Slayer) that can get the job done.

Back