• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doom Discussion (Spoilers Ahead)

I'll find the video later but during one of Hugo's letsplay of Doom eternal, He Stated that Hell is an Extension of the Dark lords power. Thought that would be interesting to drop off here.

Previously mentioned it. Here is the link to the stream with timestamp about Hell being an extension of the Dark Lord's power.

So what points will the CRT be about?
  • 2-B Doom Slayer
  • Hammerspace for weapons/items
Anything else?

I'd like to revise the Crucible and energy melee weapons, since Hugo said that the Slayer's Crucible ability is to immobilizes Titans instead of killing them, and he said that the durability of the Crucible is comparable to Argent/Wraith energy melee weapons, though this probably deserves its own thread.

I genuinely hope the CRT focuses on the Dark Lord. There so much to actually cover cause I'm pretty sure he's going to have at least four tabs.

I agree with 2-B at Davoth. This is supported by many facts, including, for example, the indication of Hugo Martin that Hell is absolute extantion of a Dark Lord`s power.

He also himself stated that when he was sealed in a sphere, he was deprived of both his strength and his name - that is, we are not talking about the loss of strength after resurrection. This is exactly how he was enclosed in the sphere. That is, they were deprived of both the strength and the name, because almost everyone forgot him. But then he declares that now his strength is enough to demolish all his own creation and take revenge on The Father, who won the first time.

But at the moment Davoth has become stronger, as they say, and all his words and fears of The Father.

Ok, I've been considering this idea for a while now. But I have made a Discord server for DOOM, DOOM fans and DOOM powerscaling, if you wish to join, let me know and I can send you an invite.

So I finally started playing Doom Eternal for the first time yesterday and I gotta say this game is freaking intense especially those damn hunters that rush you non stop. That Marauder boss in ARC building was a pain at first but it was still fun.

I'm enjoying the game play a lot but since I got a broken Ps4 controller I'm basically moving left consistently during combat and the platforming section and you can imagine I've fell to my death multiple times and the demons are punishing me because I end up moving randomly to the left.

Regardless, I'm having a blast so far.

Haven't really come to DOOM threads in a while, but I'm now looking at all of the new stuff, and I mean...a universal or beyond that Doomguy is something I've wanted, but this honestly feels like a bit of a stretch. Not posting this to get it changed because obviously this isn't a CRT thread, I'm saying it as just a sort of power creep criticism at DOOM itself, but like, a power jump as massive as going from 7-B to 2-A with no explainable reason is completely absurd. You also have Davoth using armor and weapons to fight the Doomslayer even though he's supposed to literally be the creator of a high 2-B to potentially 2-A multiverse. Actually, while I won't try to make it an actual change both because there's no direct contradictory evidence and because I just wouldn't feel like it, I'd bet that this is more so a thing of Davoth not having his true powers in this state, or something along those lines.

I was definitely hoping for the fight with Davoth to be more so what you'd expect from some reality destroying godlike being. He would have this physical form still, but he wouldn't be using lowly weapons and armor to fight the Doomslayer. He would be using his powers for large scale attacks that he'd just be throwing at the Doomslayer, and maybe even some interstellar type of combat, like throwing him to another planet or whatever. I know DOOM has never really been like that, but it would meet my expectations much better than what we actually got.

using armor and weapons

Not really sure what the issue with this is. High-tier characters use weapons all the time, nothing makes them "lowly" at all.

Also, the only reason we didn't get more from the fight is because time and resources were severely limited by Covid. Apparently, Hugo was going to have Davoth turn into a giant ass dragon and more in the fight. Sadly, Coronavirus ****** our boss fight.

I think the best way they could've done the fight was if, as I said before, he was using his hax to fight the Doomslayer, but that it was made clear his actual body wasn't particularly impressive. He would defend himself with some kind of barrier created by his powers, and the goal would be to weaken the barrier via some method. The phases would each end with causing damage to his body, before eventually dealing a fatal blow, which ends the fight. Obviously it'd be underwhelming if the Doomslayer himself didn't get feats in a whole new league from his previous ones, so the kind of combat I described would be great as an upgrade, and if we really wanted to stretch the fight beyond what I could see DOOM doing even if they did want to make it so grandiose, they could do something like Davoth condensing a large amount of energy (like, something equivalent to the big bang or whatever) and shooting it out at the Doomslayer, or something similarly ridiculous.

Not really sure what the issue with this is. High-tier characters use weapons all the time, nothing makes them "lowly" at all.

Also, the only reason we didn't get more from the fight is because time and resources were severely limited by Covid. Apparently, Hugo was going to have Davoth turn into a giant ass dragon and more in the fight. Sadly, Coronavirus ****** our boss fight.
Because using weapons makes a character feel less like a reality warping god, and more down to Earth, not something I and a lot of other people hoped for.

Ah that explains it a lot more.

Haven't really come to DOOM threads in a while, but I'm now looking at all of the new stuff, and I mean...a universal or beyond that Doomguy is something I've wanted, but this honestly feels like a bit of a stretch. Not posting this to get it changed because obviously this isn't a CRT thread, I'm saying it as just a sort of power creep criticism at DOOM itself, but like, a power jump as massive as going from 7-B to 2-A with no explainable reason is completely absurd. You also have Davoth using armor and weapons to fight the Doomslayer even though he's supposed to literally be the creator of a high 2-B to potentially 2-A multiverse. Actually, while I won't try to make it an actual change both because there's no direct contradictory evidence and because I just wouldn't feel like it, I'd bet that this is more so a thing of Davoth not having his true powers in this state, or something along those lines.
The Dark Lord couldn't lose his power. Hugo Martin clearly said that he is still the original god and has unthinkable power for all things

Because using weapons makes a character feel less like a reality warping god, and more down to Earth, not something I and a lot of other people hoped for.

Ah that explains it a lot more.
Hugo Martin clearly stated on the stream that the Executioner can strengthen his guns simply by taking them in his hands

When was that said?

Not the point, I never said anything about powerscaling, I was saying that using weapons makes godly characters simply feel less powerful, when it'd make more sense for them to use their powers in combat, and would be more visually entertaining.

When was that said?

Not the point, I never said anything about powerscaling, I was saying that using weapons makes godly characters simply feel less powerful, when it'd make more sense for them to use their powers in combat, and would be more visually entertaining.
This was said on the stream where Hugo hosted ARC Atlantica

In the DOOM 2016 codex, it is mentioned that Argent surpasses the acceptable theoretical limits for temperature.

Decoded Entry 002​

Argent Energy is produced by neutron activation of Argent plasma, a new and powerful substance that was discovered on Mars. This produces an exothermic reaction where recorded temperatures within the plasma have exceeded previously accepted theoretical limits. Through a process not yet fully understood, Argent plasma remains stable and self-contained throughout. Conventional nuclear power is obsolete. What used to take a nuclear reactor 12 months to produce can be generated in a few seconds by the Argent Tower and packaged into an Argent Accumulator no larger than Samuel Hayden's hand.

The theoretical temprature limit is the Planck's Temperature, which is 1.416784 x 10^32 K
Much hotter than the 2 Megakelvin laser.

The BFG-9000 fires supercharged and superheated Argent.
If we make a calc out of this, this can skyrocket the tier of the pre-Davoth scaling.

It is mentioned that Argent remains "stable and self-contained" due to unknown reasons, so I don't think a black hole is created.
Nonetheless our equations should be valid up to that temperature.

I am, it'd be cool if the Mighty Slayers arsenal was added to the Slayers Main page but im pretty sure the Game is Non-Canon. Mighty Slayer has So many cool abilities and hax.
I'm still stuck at level 1 in the Cacodemon area

It have interesting things besides being a living toy which make Mini Doom immunity to Soul hax and Mind Hax

Also when it get a profile I will make him fight against The Knight (Hollow Knight)

Back