• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DOOM Demons Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bumpo.

The calc seems to be more reliably 9-A. So 8-C will not be used. However this still scales to a large number of demon, and is still an upgrade for the verse.

Sadly the walls do not seem to be Violent Fragmentation. Which was the 8-C end, so right now, no it doesn't seem like 8-C will be used at all.

I'll get back to looking...

It will upgrade the lower tiers too tbf.
But eh. I'm sure we'll find something else. All of the calcs on that blog are from the same level, I'll be going through each other level at some point too.

Vaporization feats are for the most part being revised also; well durability wise, not so much AP wise. But yes, the 9-B+ to 9-A feats are fine.

So currently:
Essentially all demons - 9-A (Besides the likes of basic Zombies, who are 9-B+)

Essentially all weapons - 9-A (Pistol should also upscale far enough above Zombies to breach 9-A)

Classic Stuff scaling - Still needs discussing.

@ThisThingisReallyBroken I'll be checking every level, but I'll note that there's stuff in there.

Bumpo.

Now all we need to discuss is whether or not the Classic stuff will scale to this. Some demon profiles are composited, which means scaling them is gonna be kinda awkward. I am personally neutral currently on scaling to the classic games.

Bumpo.

Now all we need to discuss is whether or not the Classic stuff will scale to this. Some demon profiles are composited, which means scaling them is gonna be kinda awkward. I am personally neutral currently on scaling to the classic games.
Considering this is the exact same AP as the classic games (not excluding the zombies). I don’t think this should even be considered.

I think the demons should be separated by keys; and as far as Classic scaling goes, I think some of the strongest demons such as Barons of Hell and Cyberdemons even at their weakest should logically be above even the strongest versions of Zombies and Imps. Though, it appears even minibosses in Eternal are stronger than bosses in 2016 and Classic for instance. So, I'd probably say case by case; though I don't think any classic weapons should be upgraded beyond their own calcs with the exception of BFG 9000 and Unmaker.

I'm fine with that. I was thinking about splitting the profiles into separate keys anyways at some point. (Probably something along the lines of Classic, Doom 3, and Modern keys.) I dunno when that will happen tho.

I'd see 4 keys in those examples; from what I been told, Eternal also appears to have different/more evolved versions compared to 2016.

I personally don't feel they differ enough from their 2016 counterparts in most cases tbh. Except for the likes of Barons and Mancubi, and a few others.

I’ll try to make a marauder page.

It’ll probably have him at 9-A,possibly far higher with either a 7-C/8-A shield via blocking the slayer’s crucible/BFG shots.

Though I’m not sure on his resistances,he can technically stand near the archville without ******** his pants and withstand the mind manip of the totem. So I think that would warrant a mind manip resist no?

The Marauder should also be able to resist ice manip via instantly thawing out from the marine’s Ice grenade.

He(and other demons),should have resistance to poison manip via being unharmed by the toxic fog in the blood swamps.

Quick question,do we consider battlemode abilities canon? The lore mentions battle mode in the art book,but I’m not sure about the Demon summoning abilities that playable demons being considered a canon things?

Considering those demons can kill the Slayer in battlemode, probably not? idk

Yes, battle mode is canon,it is different timelines iirc. The demons harming the slayer is game mechanics just like in the main series.

Yes, battle mode is canon,it is different timelines iirc. The demons harming the slayer is game mechanics just like in the main series.
****,that page is incomplete then.

In that case the Marauders will be able to summon more mid-tier demons,spawn a poison box,heal with mid-low regen, and amp themselves on hit.

nice

Neato.

As for keys for eternal demons, I believe a select few warrant akey of their own. Fireborne Barons are the best example of this. They're confirmed a different breed in lore. And are much stronger than regular barons, being capable of taking BFG shots

There is zero lore that says the shield can’t scale to the crucible or even implies it. There’s also no in game evidence that it can’t scale as literally nothing can destroy it. Also way is it possible 8-A and not out right 8-A.

Personally, I wouldn't use Battlemode for the same reasons I wouldn't consider the Cheats canon.

Also one more thing.

I’d like to add Instinctive Reaction to the Marauder’s page for his shield. It seems like whatever you do to him in game,if you do not attack him when he lowers his guard. The shield will immediately deploy and block your attack regardless of what direction you came from or if you sniped him from afar (tried doing that in Taras Nabad lol)

I feel like that is some thing you would need a direct statement for, and it not like you can’t hit them at all while they have their guards up, you can easily throw any explosive behind them and they’ll get hit with splash damage.

Yeah, I personally think we'd need more information to assume this is instinctive reaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back