• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Don't Starve revisions

EmbalmerMaster9000

VS Battles
Retired
I decided to see if there were any profiles for any of the characters from this game on this wiki, and there were about two profiles for them. So I looked through the two pages, and I'm surprised it doesn't list any of the other feats the characters have, nor' any of the weaponry/armor they can craft.

While I do own the game, I don't play it that often, nor am I too much of an expert on it. But from what I read on the wiki:

The characters can fight against various enemies, such as giant, humanoid deers that can create volleys of giant icicles by slamming their hands onto the ground , tornadoes, sentient trees, and rhino-esque robots. Not only that, but they can endure being struck by lightning during rainy weather and walk it off (Feat occurs at 0:25-0:26). Additionally, characters like WX-78 become 'supercharged' when struck by lightning (Occurs at 0:07 in the video), which increases their movement speed, grants immunity to freezing (likely due to heat), and causes WX-78 to emit light.

Because of this, I propose that the characters at base should be Building level+ for being capable of surviving cloud-to-ground lightning with fairly minor injuries and are able to harm creatures able to survive said lightning. With various equipment, the characters should be At least Building level+ due to being more durable/stronger than before.

Edit: I've noticed that Maxwell's durability is "Below Average Human", assuming because of the fact he has about half of much health as Wilson (And most other characters) ingame. This doesn't really change much anyways, as he can still endure CTG lightning, but we can at least put something in parentheses next to the durability, stating something like "Slightly less durable than the other characters, but still comparable to them".

If we can't use the lightning tanking feat that the characters have, we can possibly try to calc something such as the characters being able to break down stone walls with hammers, or the Deerclops' feat of creating various icicles from out of the ground.

All of the characters also have various abilities granted via obtainable items in the game (Mainly craftable ones), of which are listed below:

Powers and Abilities: Healing (Via consumables and Life Giving amulet), Weapon Mastery , Darkness Manipulation (Via Thulecite club), Poison Manipulation (Via Poison spear), Speed Amplification (Via Coffee), Fire Manipulation (Via fire darts, fire staff, and star caller's staff), Air Manipulation (Via weather pain), Immunity to fire (Via Obsidian Armor and Scalemail) and poison through physical contact (Via Seashell suit and Horned helmet), Forcefield creation (Via Thulecite crown), Ice Manipulation (Via ice staff and chilled amulet), Sleep Manipulation (Via pan flute and sleep darts), Summoning (Via old bell), Teleportation (Via telelocater staff and the lazy explorer), Can summon a light rain for half of a day (Via dripple pipes), Light Manipulation (Via Magiluminescence), Ressurection (Via life giving amulet),

Those are all of the abilities I found that all of the characters can achieve with gear, there are characters like Wickerbottom or Maxwell with their own special abilities, but this just lists the abilities achievable via equipment.

Also, most of these items shouldn't really belong in standard equipment, but rather endgame items.

All of the characters also share a similar weakness: They can suffer from sanity loss by either being in the darkness (Which causes various shadow creatures to attack them), eating various food items, being near certain monsters, or by using certain magic items (Such as a fire staff, for example). All of the characters are also prone to starvation. Tools can break after prolonged use.

So, in other words:

All characters are upgraded to Building level+ unless stated otherwise.

All characters gain the mentioned list of abilities via equipment as one of their keys.

Going to bump this for more attention, I might actually calc deerclops' ice creation feat to see if I could get a good yield.

Back