• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Don't Starve General Discussion Thread I

The verse page seems fine other than the title which will become don't starve. And survivor Physiology might not be big enough to get a page verse specific abilities need to contain around 10 abilities to be considered and ghost aren't universal but add Construction, possibly add a resistance to ice manipulation don't get harmed by the cold until it reaches 0 degrees and isn't affected by being frozen solid long term. And maybe some other stuff.

And survivor Physiology might not be big enough to get a page verse specific abilities need to contain around 10 abilities to be considered and ghost aren't universal but add Construction, possibly add a resistance to ice manipulation don't get harmed by the cold until it reaches 0 degrees and isn't affected by being frozen solid long term. And maybe some other stuff.
The problem is that page is necessary to explain how sanity works for the survivors so I don't have to explain it after every new thread. Essentially I really need this to exist. But yeah I guess I'll add Construction and Ice Manip resistance to base abilities

Despite not being universal, the ghost section helps explain entire DST keys and what they do so I don't have to make a separate key for ghosts. There are some pages that add abilities to specific keys of the species, such as this page which I used as a base for the physiology page

Last edited:
Cold resistance and soul manipulation resistance for deerclops via unaffected by the winter climate and for having several souls. Also Congratulations on getting Survivor Physiology approved.

So Wolfgang got reworked. Also pocket dimension manipulation labeled hammer space for survivor Physiology

I thought the hammer space was tied to their backpacks? It's why I added it to the stations abilities
It's why they can hold walls bigger than them without us seeing.

Also Charlie prethrone should be unknown at least 9-A also she created everything in new reign possibly excluding klaus as he shares an origin with wortox.

Last edited:
It's why they can hold walls bigger than them without us seeing.

Also Charlie prethrone should be unknown at least 9-A also she created everything in new reign possibly excluding klaus as he share and origin with wortox.
Alright other than Charlie, are the other profiles fine to add?

I feel like wheeler's gun should have it's own spot in fact all character exclusive items should have their own spot.

Okay it should be fine.
One last thing, after all the pages I've made, you probably have a basis for how the pages go.

Survivor physiology for all survivors
A specific wall of text for their single-player or multi-player version
Immunity to madness manip for all creatures
Aura and minor fear manip for all enemies
Minor madness manip for lesser enemies and full on Madness Manip for bosses
Large Size type 1 for bosses and Type 0 for mini bosses

And so on. Knowing this, is there a page you would like to make specifically? I'm currently planning on making a profile for Webber, Maxwell, Rock Lobsters, and Bunnymen

We already agreed not every monster has madness haxs some have social influencing for intimidation.
Just use it to replace the minor fear manip. It would explain why completely regular non-threatening creatures can have a madness aura as well

Still, do you have a page you would like to make

okay just reading the pages, 1)all survivors should have limited resistance to madness and fear since even when their sanity bar is fully drained they don't go fully insane, 2)survivors can still hit and see shadow creatures even without their sanity being low, see the shadow pieces for examples, and the shadow creatures you fight at low sanity are more likely to be their insanity made manifest, since they only are hostile when you reach low sanity, they only lock onto the player that spawned them, their -100 aura and the fact that your sanity is healed when you kill them 3) the fear and madness resist should be because they can resist the aura of other monsters who still have said aura, even if negligible, also there are other feats, such as the ke from the Antilion creating structures or causing earthquakes in the mines, the ke of deerclop's ice attack, bearger's stomp, etc etc etc, also the survivor's should be stone walls given them always being shown to be able to take more damage than they can deal

okay just reading the pages, 1)all survivors should have limited resistance to madness and fear since even when their sanity bar is fully drained they don't go fully insane
Look at the sanity section in the survivor physiology page. They just react to insanity differently
2)survivors can still hit and see shadow creatures even without their sanity being low, see the shadow pieces for examples, and the shadow creatures you fight at low sanity are more likely to be their insanity made manifest, since they only are hostile when you reach low sanity, they only lock onto the player that spawned them, their -100 aura and the fact that your sanity is healed when you kill them

At the 8:10 mark at the final boss fight, Pigmen were able to hit shadow figures. These guys can't even see or interact with ghosts. There's a reason Abigail doesn't have incorporeality and it's because everyone and their mother can hit her. The same applies to shadow figures
3) the fear and madness resist should be because they can resist the aura of other monsters who still have said aura, even if negligible, also there are other feats, such as the ke from the Antilion creating structures or causing earthquakes in the mines, the ke of deerclop's ice attack, bearger's stomp, etc etc etc, also the survivor's should be stone walls given them always being shown to be able to take more damage than they can deal
Two unarmored Wilsons with spears (weakest weapon, counts as 9-B) can kill each other with 5 hits. Not really that much of a stone wall. Besides, a lot of fights can involve 2 comparable characters dishing large amounts of hits at each other and their durability is still similar to their AP

If you can find a better feat, go ahead. The tree breaking feat will be relegated to a low end with the word "At least" in front

survivors can still hit and see shadow creatures even without their sanity being low, see the shadow pieces for examples, and the shadow creatures you fight at low sanity are more likely to be their insanity made manifest, since they only are hostile when you reach low sanity, they only lock onto the player that spawned them, their -100 aura and the fact that your sanity is healed when you kill them
Shadow creatures do exist evidence includes Nightmare fuel, shadow chess peices are don't have evidence for the ability also other survivor can only interact with them when their friends are insane.

Maxwell should keep portal creation and dimensional travel in his don't starve together key. But other than that good job.

I want do make a suggestion armor and weapons shouldn't be actual powers they would be higher with weapons or higher with armor in stats affected also do you think it would be reasonable to make a blog to go more in deal with equipment powers frankly I think survivor Physiology should note they often already know how to make certain equipment from crafting stations or are wielding it. I am willing to try help with wording.

I want do make a suggestion armor and weapons shouldn't be actual powers they would be higher with weapons or higher with armor in stats affected
Armor and weapons do make all the difference. It's between getting 1-shot and 10-shot by a boss. Using a weaker weapon like an axe on a boss can force you to do like 80 hits just to kill it. That number is quartered with stronger weapons

Last edited:
Back