• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Don't Starve General Discussion Thread I

EliminatorVenom

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
I intend to make a future content revision for Don't Starve, so I thought why not gather more help here.

This thread is intended for general discussions related to Don't Starve. I'm still somewhat new to the game, and I certainly could use a hand in getting scans and video clips of specific things that I know that happen but that I simply cannot record.

One of the main issues that need to be adressed are very much needed upgrades. I think most characters should be at least Wall+, if not Small Building level. There are way too many feats for both of those that need to be discussed.

In any case, this thread is one for us to talk about anything Don't Starve related, mainly in the wiki but feel free to comment about anything else of the game!

Personal commentary: I've watched most of the official Klei videos, and there are some really cool feats there.

Most of the characters can survive a meteor (Even Maxwell I think) and can probably survive more with proper armor. That alone is the best argument if you want to make most of the characters Wall+

There are many cool and relevant feats. I'll tryto make a proper RT as soon as possible.

They were deleted by my suggestion due to being terrible at representing the characters I am currently working on weapon profiles for crafting stations but I am including dlc so it is going slow.

Last edited:
Alright, good luck. I'm decently well versed at Don't Starve so if you want me to make rough drafts, I'd be willing. Just ask on this thread or on my profile

How should I organize the dlcs and don't starve together do they go in the same as don't starve/reign of giants. We also need a profile to scale off deerclops might be a good idea if he doesn't have the resistance gaining trait other bosses have.

Yes his size and destroying trees by walking over them warrants a least 9-B that stuff should be 9-A however.

If I'm not wrong, he can do all those feats in both base game and Together so there shouldn't be a problem with that feat.

That's fine. The Don't Starve wiki is a great place to learn about this game. It even has versions of either Together or RoG if there are any differences. I would suggest you look at both versions when making the profile for Dragonfly because the differences are extreme

I am aware and that is my Primary source. Dragonfly is nothing compared to the fact my goal is to make a location profile for the constant.

They were deleted by my suggestion do to being terrible at representing the characters I am currently working on weapon profiles for crafting stations but I am including dlc so it is going slow.
That's a good decision.

I was amassing a few Don't Starve feats, and 9-A might be warranted, at least with equipment. Mid to high 9-B is a definite base for the characters. They also have Subsonic feats, if I'm not mistaken.

It's looking very good so far!

But why would Don't Starve get separated by Don't Starve Together? I thought they followed the same storyline, and there isn't a really noticeable power discrepancy either.

It's just don't starve together doesn't let you use hamlet or shipwrecked, several items are gone otherwise, along with a bunch of new stuff and odds are everyone or almost everyone from don't starve with get reworked.

Eh, it's just that they are mostly in different situations and locations, so the resources are kept apart. The events clearly take place in the same storyline in different moments of time.

Maybe I'd note in the profile that the resources from different games might not coexist, but that's about it, I think.

I suppose but how do we handle reworked do they have canon priority or do we use both. Anyway are the many sanity auras anything special perhaps social influencing or something.

Something like that, maybe. The Insanity Auras vary around something simply being disturbing enough to unsettle people, beings that actually have passive (albeit weak) Mind/Madness/Fear Manipulation and Social Influencing by being intimidating enough. The Sanity Auras would be similar, just inverse in direction of influence, I think.

The simplest explanation for sanity in-game is that dangerous or scary items and mobs will reduce it. In other words, when a character with fear manipulation fights a Don't Starve character, they essentially gain mind manipulation as well (Except Wendy. Wendy's resistant to fear)

Okay good to know I would still like to know rework versus original for player characters and a double check on my science machine profile.

I'm gonna start with Wigfrid

Wigfrid in DST has an extra ability where an inspiration meter fills up whenever she's in combat. Once filled, she can sing several different songs which grant different abilities which I'll explain using VS Battle language

Energy Absorption (Gain health from hitting enemies)
Mind Manipulation Resistance (Gain sanity from hitting enemies or reduce sanity drain by half)
Fear Manipulation (Cause all mobs to run around aimlessly in fear)
Emphatic Manipulation (Cause all mobs to aggro on Wigfrid)
Fire Resistance (This one's self-explanatory)
And the other one that makes weapons last longer. It probably won't matter since we'll be using either Ham Bat or bring multiple instances of the same weapon

She can only sing one song at a time and they affect her allies more. The base game version has no such abilities

Webber just has better animal manipulation, healing, and biology manipulation with spider doodles.
Difference is now he can use transfiguration on his spiders, turning them into stronger spiders through the use of special cookies. Can't do that on base game

Also mass regen for him and his allies through the use of healing glop

We still call that animal manipulation well we call it spider manipulation and link animal manipulation.

In base game (Technically Hamlet but it's connected to base game anyway), Webber has this mask called the Shamlet Mask which allows him to blend in with neutral enemies that would otherwise be aggressive to him.

Does that count Stealth Mastery?

how is the science machine profile right now I intend to finish everything but crafts powers myself but I need to now if the thing it's self has power bestowal or nothing.

No it does not grant buffs. It does however teach you how to craft spears, log suits, and blow darts (All types) which can be seen as statistic amplification

Also Crock Pot is unlocked from Science Machine which means more types of food, most of which also amplify stats

Alright. Just remember that it's single-player only
I don't intend on being directly responsible for player character profiles but do they share enough abilities I can make a blog cover them like the immortality the constant gives if they die they become ghost with several powers and type 7, and should they die unable to return they will be resurrected in a different dimension type 4 & 8, with meat effigies they have type 6 and that is all of the immortalities. Anyway the power bestowal I was referring to is prototyping

Insanity being a mechanic taking place in a fight would be interesting, also, since I'm pretty sure DST is post-maxwell-on-nightmare-throne, I say make the DST stats for characters the priority, meaning characters won't have access to hamlet and shipwrecked items, (unless those characters are exclusive to the DLC) since those dlcs have a high chance of being a one-time adventure, due to DST being the "present."

Back