• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Don't Starve General Discussion Thread I

I just realized something. All bosses are immune to Wigfrid's fear song and they can stand around other bosses without going mad or being afraid.

Should all Don't Starve bosses have fear and madness manip resistance?

Also while I think the characters being 10-C at base making sense (Because let's be honest, a regular human can punch a mole to death with one punch), them being able to survive a meteorite or a hit from a boss even at base should put their durability higher, right?

I am not sure about punching a mole to death is that easy and if everyone is tanking meteors and boss attacks these aren't normal moles.

Well I mean they are called moleworms

I'm starting to think that the 10-C I saw in the draft was the science machine profile since the speed was immobile

Alright well here's one thing to note. While most raid bosses are unable to one-shot an armored player, it takes much more than one shot to kill them. In fact even with the strongest weapons, it can take more than a hundred shots to kill them (for example for Dragonfly, 404 hits from a dark sword or 550 metor strikes to kill it). 400 times over 0.005 tons is 2 tons. That's above 9-A

Being able to survive extremely high amounts of attacks of a specific tier without the need to heal, that should make them a higher tier, right? I think I'll explain a tiering system that works like that, Bloons TD. All monkeys can hurt a Z.O.M.G (A high health boss) but the ones who are on the same tier of it are the ones who can kill it with a reasonably low amount of hits. Should we apply this here?

Alright, just remember that it is durability only. The attacks themselves don't one-shot a properly armored player

Any help needed for stats of equipment?

We don't scale AP for repeated hits like that.

It's one thing to scale someone's AP for breaking a wall by repeatedly hitting it, but it's something else entirely to kill a being with repeated strikes.

If we applied that logic, random humans in real life are easily Street level, possibly even Wall level by the amount of punches one needs to take to actually die.

The characters also should be 9-B at base rather easily, they have pleeenty of feats in that sense. I've started to pay attention to Don't Starve stuff again recently, and they have way too many 9-B feats, some that might even be 9-A.

When can we start making the profiles? It's been so long

Anyway some extra abilities based on items
-Thulecite crown can randomly create a forcefield around the player when hit which stops all physical damage which means forcefield creation
-For staffs, Lazy Explorer grants close-range teleportation while Telelocator Staff grants long range teleportation, Deconstruction Staff cleanly deconstructs buildings and fallen items (Limited disintegration I guess), Fire Staff and Ice Staff are self-explanatory, and Suncaller Staff and Mooncaller Staff (Multiplayer only) can summon a tiny gravity-free dwarf star and polar star which merely affects temparature
-All characters should have Preparation via Tooth Traps, Walls, Telelocator Focus, Gunpowder, Slurtle Slime, Ice Fling-o-Matic, Boats, Meat Effigy, Bee Mines, Lightning Rods, Catapults (Winona only), and Houndius Shootius.
-Bone Helm (Multiplayer only) causes all nightmare creatures to be neutral which essentially nullifies the effects of insanity for the characters
-Bee Queen Crown (Multiplayer only) reverts all insanity auras which means total immunity to insanity
-For Amulets, Life Giving grants regeneration and revival, Lazy Forager allows the player to instantly pick up any object around them without having to reach towards it, Magilumminescense grants a constant source of light, speed, and sanity, Chilled freezes anyone that attacks the wearer, and Nightmare instantly drives the player insane while wearing it (Trust me, it's useful for certain fights)
-There are regular, fire, sleeping, poison (Single-player only), and electricity (Multiplayer only) darts
-Morality Manip via One-man-Band and Tail o' Three Cats
-Summoning via Old Bell among many others (Single-player only)
-Limited Precognition via Thulecite Amulet (Detects dangerous ancient events)
-Limited Water Manip via Gnarail horn (Multiplayer only)
-Limited Air Manip via Howling Conch and Sail Stick (All of which are single-player only)
-Resistance to Poison via Anti-Venom, Seashell Suit, Particulate Purifier, and Gas Mask (All of which are single-player only)

Currently that's all I can remember. This can be useful for the equipment section. I'll make one of these for Wickerbottom someday

When can we start making the profiles? It's been so long
Anytime you want we just need to find some feat videos or make them if you have that option put them on the calc request thread and make the pages the problem is we need to cover items which is complicated and I am lazy meaning I stopped working on science machine.

Anytime you want we just need to find some feat videos or make them if you have that option put them on the calc request thread and make the pages the problem is we need to cover items which is complicated and I am lazy meaning I stopped working on science machine.
Seriously? That's the easiest part (If you have a recording software and are not stuck on PS4). Just run in a meteor field, get hit by a meteor, calculate the size of the moon boulder and done. Or you can blow up a single instance of slurtle slime next to you. I'm pretty sure Maxwell can survive that too

I'll try and figure out a way to download my recordings but in the mean time, that's how you'll get your feats

In the gallery of the boulder page in the wiki, there's a picture of Wilson standing next to a moon boulder as well as the moon boulder's crater. You can use that for further calculation purposes (Mainly for unarmed survivors)
No unfortunately. But fun fact, there's a calc for being able to destroy trees and all bosses can do that with utter ease
This can be used for survivors with equipment and all bosses

Nah, we don't need to scale DS to Terraria, the feats are different. Terraria's Eye of Cthulhu is entirely different in capabilities to the one that appears in DS, and same applies to the Deerclops that appears in Terraria.

Nah, we don't need to scale DS to Terraria, the feats are different. Terraria's Eye of Cthulhu is entirely different in capabilities to the one that appears in DS, and same applies to the Deerclops that appears in Terraria.
What do you think about the calc suggestions above? Do you think we can use them?

But it canonically happened does deerclops get a new key.

But it canonically happened does deerclops get a new key.
Nah, we can add a Deerclops profile version for Terraria.

Sort of like how, for example, Akuma canonically got into Tekken, but we don't scale his SF feats to Tekken. We scale him to the people of Tekken.
What do you think about the calc suggestions above? Do you think we can use them?
I think they are fine. I don't like calcs that scale people from things they need multiple hits to destroy, but it still helps to scale people.

Hang on which pickaxe wouldn't explosion and bosses be more consistent as weapons can't break rocks?

Hang on which pickaxe wouldn't explosion and bosses be more consistent as weapons can't break rocks?
I think that pertains to game mechanics (And if not, I think the characters know that they shouldn't waste their weapons on a rock)

It doesn't really change the fact that they're able to apply enough force to break said rocks

Alright, I've finished the science machine profile. Have a look

I'll be making profile for all the characters. Just remember that the bosses upscale from the tree breaking feat as they are able to perform it casually

I don't intend on being directly responsible for player character profiles but do they share enough abilities I can make a blog cover them like the immortality the constant gives if they die they become ghost with several powers and type 7, and should they die unable to return they will be resurrected in a different dimension type 4 & 8, with meat effigies they have type 6 and that is all of the immortalities. Anyway the power bestowal I was referring to is prototyping
You forgot the immortalities also I believe super human physical characteristics, pocket dimension manipulation or hammer space, weapon mastery is iffy given how basic their use of them is and would belong on the survivors profile as would preparation.
I also don't super enjoy how all crafting structures are not really separated however I can see how it helps the work load maybe I'll try to split it into the Alchemy and science machine, the shadow manipulator and hat thing(I don't remember the name) and the pseudoscience machine(I don't think I said this one right either) if I get a computer to let me make stuff on the mainsite.

Last edited:
You forgot the immortalities also I believe super human physical characteristics, pocket dimension manipulation or hammer space, weapon mastery is iffy given how basic their use of them is and would belong on the survivors profile as would preparation.
I also don't super enjoy how all crafting structures are not really separated however I can see how it helps the work load maybe I'll try to split it into the Alchemy and science machine, the shadow manipulator and hat thing(I don't remember the name) and the pseudoscience machine(I don't think I said this one right either if I get a computer to let me make stuff on the mainsite.
Fixed the page based on your suggestions. Also added a profile for shadow creatures, would you like to take a look?

Also the hat thing is called the Prestihatitator

Ghosts are type 7 and they also have a useless type 4 of revival in a different dimension if they die.

Back