• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Don't Rest Your Head Resistances Additions

CrimsonStarFallen

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Because they've been listed lazily for far too long.

As our ******* profile says, characters in DRYH, just like any tabletop, can overpower and resist any action against them with enough enough dice. This includes anything in the real world too, as it is a modern verse. But what powers does that actually entail? Let's list them here.

Heat Manipulation, Radiation Manipulation, Fire Manipulation, Ice Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Poison Manipulation, Disease Manipulation (Common things in the real world that a character can overpower. Several powers also achieve this effect)

Madness Manipulation (By resisting the effect of the Madness Talents)

Mind Manipulation, Fear Manipulation, Empathic Manipulation, Morality Manipulation, Illusion Creation and Telepathy (Among the most common powers in the game. Too many to list, but see *******, Thunder-Thighs, Omnipotent Third Person and Knifeman for examples)

Clairvoyance (By resisting Perfect Insight)

Absorption (Can resist the Ant's absorption or Cradle Robber's timeline devouring)

Sound Manipulation and Air Manipulation (By resisting Breath)

Size Manipulation (By resisting ****)

BFR (By resisting Jungle)

Death Manipulation, Conceptual Manipulation, Blood Manipulation, Soul Manipulation, Power Nullification (By resisting Knife)

Reality Warping, Void Manipulation, Causality Manipulation, Information Manipulation, Technology Manipulation, Biological Manipulation, Probability Manipulation, Sleep Manipulation, Explosion Manipulation, Transmutation, Subjective Reality (By resisting Language)

Matter Manipulation (By resisting Xenophile)

Physics Manipulation, Density Manipulation, Gravity Manipulation (By resisting Weight)

Body Puppetry (By resisting Teddy)

Precognition, Quantum Manipulation (By resisting Past)

I'm almost sure i missed something. If i did, please let me know. Also keep in mind this is only a small fraction of what they should realistically have, thanks to both the vague nature of some powers and the ability of players to create new ones.

Last edited:
This is really only just adding resistances that are already stated on the profile, just not specified.

Should be fine.

Looks fine, as long as all the links to support the abilities are in order.

Madness Manipulation (By resisting the effect of the Madness Talents
I mean, this is a little bit weird considering the whole point of madness talents is that everyone here is at least a little bit off the deep end, but I get the idea is that they can have it not get dramatically worse.

Overall this is good

I mean, this is a little bit weird considering the whole point of madness talents is that everyone here is at least a little bit off the deep end, but I get the idea is that they can have it not get dramatically worse.

Overall this is good
There actually is a WoG about **** saying you could use it to say something like "I'm ******* sane" to give yourself a moment of clarity, albeit a temporary one. Like the other resists it's just not something that can persist forever.

I mean, I know that they can temporarily make themselves sane but isn't that followed by a hard crash into realizing just how bad everything is and ultimately having a net sanity loss

None of the resistances are forever since overuse of your powers ends up badly for you, but that doesn't matter as much for the people who've already gone off the deep end which is basically all the files.

Anyways yeah, resists are fine. I'd suggest in typing them out doing something like what you've got going on here or what I've got going on on my Cauldron page with listing abilities and then just linking to who it came from, also doing one for real world, and then having the explanation about how you can overpower anything with enough dice thrown behind it to explain why it's scaling. New resists can be added as new characters are made because the justification's already been accepted, but need to be updated for everyone so order remains consistent.

Back