• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doki Doki Upgrade Desu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saikou_The_Lewd_King

The King of all Things Lewd
VS Battles
Retired
I'm not 100% sure. Or even 50% sure. But whatever.

It seems that with Undertale we've accepted that in fiction where Save Files are canon, they're treated as alternate timelines.

Indeed one can have a "save" of an alternate version of the current events, proving that this isn't just going back in time. Unless we were to assume that these characters can reform reality to match the save file they are loading, this sounds like the most logical option (One that we already accepted mind you).

This would most likely influence Doki Doki Literature Club! Part for the course with its metafictional nature, saving and save files are recognized as a canon element. They are also often completely wiped out (alongside the whole game at times) quite often.

The game supports 54 Save files at once, not counting the "current" game. This would mean that Monika, alongside anyone who scales to her, would be 2-C via 54 timelines.

Should be infinite timelines because getting 20/20 on the poem minigames is almost impossible why did my friends and I put ourselves through that torture

Jokes aside, I think this upgrade makes sense.

By the way, Sayouri's name is mispelled throughout her page - it should be Sayori, not Sayouri.

Sad that we can't use all the different possibilities of the poem to have our tiering. This would easily reach 2-B on its own.

I have no idea how I missed it. Gotta fix it when I find someone to unlock her.

this seems reasonable, especially if we consider the timelines of UT as canon here.

Is there any mention of Timelines (if it's even mentioned) being affected by the loading said saves?

bruh Fredo you still don't get what I'm saying.

It doesn't matter if loading affects timelines or not. That isn't my point. Point is, each saves contains different timelines of the event of the game. One save where you did X, one save where you did Y. Which means that each saves is a timeline.

As I said above:

A save is pretty much a copy of the game world but with different events. Say you have a save where you were a dick to everyone and another where you were nice to everyone. This is pretty much the definition of a timeline. Same world, different events.

Dude.

I know that Timeline=Save

But here is the problem, Undertale has some mentions of timelines (Sans comes to mind), which solidify the Save=Timelines

Unless Doki has some kind of hints and such, i don't see why UT Saves= Doki Saves

It doesn't matter if UT mentions timelines. It isn't even remotely related to the fact that Undertale's saves are timelines. Sans' text confirms that each time you load, you create a new timeline (due to time travel), but it has nothing to do with SAVES themselves being backup timelines.

The very same logic is used in both verses.

Not it isn't.

We cannot say that just because one verse says something.

The other verse has the same thing unless it's solidified

Except that UT doesn't say it. Nowhere does it mentions that SAVES are timeline. At all.

...why are timelines considered saves again? Other than Omega Flowey, it's assumed that it's time travel rather than the alternative. Given Sans' dialogue in the judgement room.

Time Travel only works if we deal with a single save file loading.

You can't time travel to a world with different events.

Well Omega Flowey himself uses the "alternate events" kind of SAVES. And there isn't much difference between Flowey's SAVES and Frisk's except that OF is stronger and can make moar.

Except that there are some hints dropped at it, following by the mechanics that SAVES and loading said SAVES, we can come to the conclusion that a timeline is created via loading SAVES.

There aren't. You keep confusing "loading creates a timeline" and "A SAVE is a timeline on its own". These aren't related at all.

And even then.

I still don't understand why you are justifying 2-C via UT SAVES

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Except that UT doesn't say it. Nowhere does it mentions that SAVES are timeline. At all.
Isn't it implied that SAVES actually are Timelines in the Genocide Route?

our reports showed a massive anomaly in the timespace continuum. timelines jumping left and right, stopping and starting...
^ This seems to be a clear allusion to the Player creating SAVES and LOADS when they play the game

^ This is what i've been trying to say, we have clear mention on Timelines (yes it's not a biig hint, but we can conclude from there)

But, if Doki Doki Literature Club! is a metafictional game that breaks the 4th wall constantly and treats game mechanics as canon, i see no problem with 2-C via Alternate Timelines / Saves

The problem is, there is no clear mention of timelines. (Unless there is, as i have no knowledge on it)

I'm pretty sure it doesn't need to have a mention of Timelines when the game already showns Alternate Timelines (like Saikou said, Saves in this context are the definition of Timeline, the same world but with diffetent events)

And the fact that Game Mechanics are canon in this game (i assume...?) only further confirms that Saves can be considered Timelines

We are not given clear context though.

It could be them reforming reality as he said

"Timelines jumping left and right" Mostly likely refers to Timelines being created because of a spam of Loading.

So is the Alternate Timelines (because in the end both of them are assumptions)

I can agree with Low 2-C, possibly 2-C

@ALRF

I don't see why this can't be 2-C, if the game can contain multiple Saves which are basically alternate versions of a world, but with different events (a.k.a Timelines), and people can simply destroy all of the game, this is obviously 2-C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back