• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Does the wiki treat genjutsu as not working against people thats not in the naruto verse?

I think we don't because of Verse Equalization
Btw, it's from this page
Verse equalization: Similar supernatural aspects of verses get equalized in a reasonable fashion. So a supernatural energy that almost everyone in a Verse has, which is necessary to fight the characters of said Verse, will be assumed to be the equivalent energy that the opponents use in their techniques so that a proper fight can happen.

Also wasn't it stated that the mangekyo side steps the fact that they have to have a chakra network, they only need to pour chakra into their eyes specifically and then they're already trapped

Chakra pathway, it is a too odd characteristic that only exist in Narutoverse, they have a pathway of chakra that flows in their body and connect in the nervous system of the brain, genjutsu works by affecting the chakra flow in the nervous system, that flows in the pathway, the problem is............................................no other verse has descriptions similar to that, only Naruto and maybe few others
I think in the gojo vs madara thread it was said that it doesn't work cause the chakra has to travel an infinite space to affect gojo (cause of his infinity)
No, it wasnt due it
Also wasn't it stated that the mangekyo side steps the fact that they have to have a chakra network, they only need to pour chakra into their eyes specifically and then they're already trapped
No, Sharingan genjutsu works by sending chakra in the brain chakra's flow, it is explained in the Itachi novel

Chakra pathway, it is a too odd characteristic that only exist in Narutoverse, they have a pathway of chakra that flows in their body and connect in the nervous system of the brain, genjutsu works by affecting the chakra flow in the nervous system, that flows in the pathway, the problem is............................................no other verse has descriptions similar to that, only Naruto and maybe few others

No, it wasnt due it

No, Sharingan genjutsu works by sending chakra in the brain chakra's flow, it is explained in the Itachi novel
Shisui explained that the mangekyo side steps that fact and only needs to put chakra in their eyes
266c54d52c847cbf0b08d97444d565c639f35545r1-591-717v2_hq.jpg
73e8d229afc9e8dc18fbc461e7bed1395948786fr1-894-720v2_hq.jpg

Don't think there's one, tho I think Genjutsu is usually rendered null by two criterias in others verses.

-The energy has to be connected to perceptions censors, which isn't the case for most verses
-The way to break free of it is to change the flow of your energy, which isn't that easy in the verse and usually outside help to disrupt it. Most verses just have characters controlling their flow of energy.

Don't think there's one, tho I think Genjutsu is usually rendered null by two criterias in others verses.

-The energy has to be connected to perceptions censors, which isn't the case for most verses
-The way to break free of it is to change the flow of your energy, which isn't that easy in the verse and usually outside help to disrupt it. Most verses just have characters controlling their flow of energy.
Uhh idk understand the first point and for the second one. The energy that the genjutsu users are sending are their chakra / energy. it'd be weird to say they can just control that and even if they could they'd have to be able to overpower the control of the genjutsu user. And also chakra control in verse is actually something most ninjas can do.
it still says that they need to send Chakra, how are they going to do it without the pathway?

this is the pathway btw
main-qimg-180a664af0471eb859fab919f376fa58
I am aware of the pathway but idk if pathways are needed for chakra to exist. it just carry chakra throughout the body. I mean naruto's nine tail cloak is just chakra overflowing out of his body. And also kyubi's can be put under genjutsu and I'm not sure they have a pathway, They're just beings made of pure chakra. but maybe they do have a pathway idk

I am aware of the pathway but idk if pathways are needed for chakra to exist. it just carry chakra throughout the body. I mean naruto's nine tail cloak is just chakra overflowing out of his body. And also kyubi's can be put under genjutsu and I'm not sure they have a pathway, They're just beings made of pure chakra. but maybe they do have a pathway idk
chakra pathway is not needed to chakra exist, but the act of controlling the chakra to make things like genjutsus needs a pathway, as explained by jiraiya

This ^ from what I remember of a thread from a little bit ago, Genjutsu got dookied on when people proposed that it only works thanks to the chakra system connecting to the perceptive nerves aka eyes. So like if your energy system isn't connected to your eyes like in Naruto it sucks for Genjutsu. Don't remember if that conclusion was stuck with or not.

It is assumed it works on characters who possess no resistance to illusion creation.

This ^ from what I remember of a thread from a little bit ago, Genjutsu got dookied on when people proposed that it only works thanks to the chakra system connecting to the perceptive nerves aka eyes. So like if your energy system isn't connected to your eyes like in Naruto it sucks for Genjutsu. Don't remember if that conclusion was stuck with or not.
absolutely not, those arguments were rebutted in that thread without a follow-up counter.

iirc this thread madara vs gojo spawned into this Q&A thread.

someone bought up this comicvine in the best thread ever(BAN-KAI bleach general disscussion) which was then supposedly debunked by this comicvine.

alot of discussion about naruto physiology but thinking about it i don't recall anyone addressing the bijuu who are pure chakra beasts still getting mind haxed.

iirc this thread madara vs gojo spawned into this Q&A thread.

someone bought up this comicvine in the best thread ever(BAN-KAI bleach general disscussion) which was then supposedly debunked by this comicvine.

alot of discussion about naruto physiology but thinking about it i don't recall anyone addressing the bijuu who are pure chakra beasts still getting mind haxed.
I mean the comic vine thread proves that you need chakra for genjutsu to work but chakra is getting equalized with other energies anywhay is just the pathway system people are skeptical

The bijuu are weirder because while they are made of chakra they chakra forms flesh and organs ,
so maybe their chakras are constantly flowing through their hole body so that replaces the need of a chakra pathway?
, or maybe just the mere presence of chakra is enough?
Or maybe since they form physical bodies out of chakra they also have a chakra pathway for the parts of their chakra that is not being used to compose their bodies?
Or maybe kishi smoked some senzu bean again?

Anywhay i am not sure ether ot not genjutsu can be equalized but one thing is for sure: it does need chakra

Genjutsu can work on things without a physical form as well as people that are dead and made of artificial material, while simultaneously affecting creatures that lack the cerebral nervous structure that is often argued is needed for people to cast Genjutsu.
This doesn't mean much, they're dead not intimate and they still have minds (the conscious.)

Also depends entirely on the Genjutsu.

Back