• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

QUESTION ABOUT SBA AND HAXES

PrinceofPein

Username Only
So in a recent thread we had a bit of argument about hax and verse equalisation so
according to this:'
Verse equalization: Similar supernatural aspects of verses get equalized in a reasonable fashion. So a supernatural energy that almost everyone in a Verse has, which is necessary to fight the characters of said Verse, will be assumed to be the equivalent energy that the opponents use in their techniques so that a proper fight can happen.

Furthermore, attacks that require a special type of energy to be effective, like anti-magic requiring magic, will be assumed to work against the energies of different Verses, as long as they are somehow similar and the mechanics are somehow compatible with the known mechanics behind the energies from different Verses. For example, mind control resistance by being a capable mind user would also work against other Verses, but mind control resistance through a strong will would not necessarily work against mind control from other Verses. It is also important to note that characters won't lose or gain any abilities or resistances which they do or do not inherently possess. However, if an ability has a weakness, condition, caveat, or limitation, consistently shown throughout its use (such as not working on characters under a specific condition, like energy gap) or stated by a valid and uncontradicted statement, then it should be applicable after the equalization.

Do mind manipulation form naruto verse need the user to have chakra for genjutsu to work or it is an hax and will work anyway under SBA

Last edited:
Exactly.
This section is of particular note:
“Furthermore, attacks that require a special type of energy to be effective, like anti-magic requiring magic, will be assumed to work against the energies of different Verses, as long as they are somehow similar and the mechanics are somehow compatible with the known mechanics behind the energies from different Verses.

Going off of this, since genjutsu works by messing with chakra flowing through the nervous system you can assume that it works as long as the target has a supernatural energy that naturally flows through their nervous system.

They don’t need chakra specifically, but some sort of internal supernatural (preferably life-force related) energy that flows throughout the body.
Really?

That's not fair imo.

imagine Losing a match because you don't have resistance to something you should never have been affected by in the first place.

I guess the Naruto fanboys have authority here lmao.

Really?

That's not fair imo.

imagine Losing a match because you don't have resistance to something you should never have been affected by in the first place.

I guess the Naruto fanboys have authority here lmao.
This is wrong on many levels

1. it has nothing to do naruto fanboys, it is for all verses with power systems.

2. You can still resist it with a resistance to the hax itself, to resist genjustu, you don't need resistance to chakra manipulation or anything, just resistance to mind manip, which is a broad concept, like every other power.

If you don't have a resistance to it than the match might be a stomp anyway or it is just a wincon

You can still resist it with a resistance to the hax itself, to resist genjustu, you don't need resistance to chakra manipulation or anything, just resistance to mind manip, which is a broad concept, like every other power.
This is what I mean by not fair.

In some series, characters don't have a resistance to Mind hax since it hasn't come up.

Genjutsu specifically works on beings with Chakra, Chakra has its own Circulatory system and origins making it different.

So just giving them a weakness to something that is unique to Naruto is unfair.

Also sorry for bringing up Naruto Fanboys it's mainly because they tend to complain the most about Genjutsu not effecting characters from other verses in my experience.

Verse equalization basically makes similar energies able to interact with each other. If a verse has a universal energy that flows inside all beings like Chakra in Naruto, it should work. If not, then no. Although Chakra has very specific mechanisms, like a circulatory system, so not sure how many verses could be equalized with that.

Verse equalization basically makes similar energies able to interact with each other. If a verse has a universal energy that flows inside all beings like Chakra in Naruto, it should work. If not, then no. Although Chakra has very specific mechanisms, like a circulatory system, so not sure how many verses could be equalized with that.
Thank you, literally been trying to explain that for the last 2 days. The keyword here being "similar.", I.E a case by case basis.

Whatever I don't agree with it and still think it's the most unfair thing in Vsbattles but I'm not beating a member of Staff lmao.

Also, Chakra isn't even Native to Narutoverse as it was gifted to them Via Fruit IIRC.

Universal energy equalization is the only thing that makes VSbattles between characters from different fictional universes make at least some sense. And usually nobody has problems with it, it exist to make things easier, idk why people want them worse.

Universal energy equalization is the only thing that makes VSbattles between characters from different fictional universes make at least some sense. And usually, nobody has problems with it, it exists to make things easier, IDK why people want them worse.
No, it doesn't lmao.

It just makes it more pleasing. Because certain fandoms can't handle the fact that the abilities of Characters are only powerful in their verse.

The whole point of Vs battles is to figure out who would win in a fight.

And you don't do that by handicapping an opponent by giving them a Soul, Chakra, Quirk etc just so the abilities would work.

You do it by being accurate thus playing by the rules of the power. And it makes it more interesting imo.

How would Goku fight if he doesn't have Instant transmission?

How would Itachi fight without Genjustu?

How would Aizawa fight when he can't cancel an opponents abilities?

How would Light takedown non-Human characters with the Death Note?

But that's just my opinion.

If we didn't equalise energy alot of verses would be placed at a major handicap. But that sounds interesting aswell for a change. im pretty sure u can do matches with energy unequalised not sure if theyll be added tho

It just makes it more pleasing. Because certain fandoms can't handle the fact that the abilities of Characters are only powerful in their verse.
On the contrary, people usually bring up the "difference in energy" only when the character they argue for loses because of the verse equalization.
And you don't do that by handicapping an opponent by giving them a Soul, Chakra, Quirk etc just so the abilities would work.
I don't see at as a handicap, we equalize universal concepts of energy of different fictional verses. It makes battles possible or else I could just say "Ki doesn't affect Naruto, it's a Dragon Ball concept and Narutoverse doesn't have such energy therefore it can't interact with them" and vice versa or make up something else.

On the contrary, people usually bring up the "difference in energy" only when the character they argue for loses because of the verse equalization.

"Ki doesn't affect Naruto, it's a Dragon Ball concept and Narutoverse doesn't have such energy therefore it can't interact with them"
Or Ki doesn't affect Peeps in Naruto who have Six Paths Chakra

Hmm shouldn't anyone with life-force be affected by genjutsu? This would be like saying life-force absorption or soulhax doesn't work on Dominic Toretto since it's never mentioned in his verse and they don't use a supernatural power source like other verses aside from family.

No soul hax would be more valid cause we assume everyone has a soul unless stated otherwise, again unless he was undead life absorption would work no?
People want to specify the genjutsu hax down to the circulatory/nervous flow which i feel is really unfair imo

Then why would another ability (the one in the OP) that functions via manipulating life-force not work on normal humans?
It requires the normal human to have chakra in this case it could be equalised against another verse if they have an energy sysem flowing inside.

But since naruto characters also have another circulatory/nervous system they use to channel chakra i think

the genjutsu mind hax(thing in OP) targets that spexifically messing the senses, so apparently unless a verse has something like a second vein system... genjutsu gets the axe wont work. Rip

It requires the normal human to have chakra in this case it could be equalised against another verse if they have an energy sysem flowing inside.

But since naruto characters also have another circulatory/nervous system they use to channel chakra i think

the genjutsu mind hax(thing in OP) targets that spexifically messing the senses, so apparently unless a verse has something like a second vein system... genjutsu gets the axe wont work. Rip
This is oddly wrong, this sounds like naruto characters have two form of energy system
No they don't it is one and it flows through their body through paths

This is oddly wrong, this sounds like naruto characters have two form of energy system
No they don't it is one and it flows through their body through paths
Its been to long since i read naruto but akm mentioning some weird mechanism tipped me off u can correct me

Its been to long since i read naruto but akm mentioning some weird mechanism tipped me off u can correct me
Well naruto verse chakra is the universal form of energy in the verse obviously and it flows through their body through a part connected to every oath of their body like veins and nodes and they can release it through openings on their body, Hyuugas can release it through their skin pores. And genjutsu works by controlling/disrupting the said chakra in the body

Well oddly enough not even everyone in the verse possess this chakra(mixing physical and spiritual energy together) majority don't

Ok so x character (which functions under a life-force system) can absorb the life-energy of Dom just fine. Cause we assume everyone has life-force. But Naruto can’t use his life-force manipulation to cut off the supply from Dom (and cause mental effects) but he can for x? This is always funny to imagine in a free-for-all with more than 2 characters.

Ok so x character (which functions under a life-force system) can absorb the life-energy of Dom just fine. Cause we assume everyone has life-force. But Naruto can’t use his life-force manipulation to cut off the supply from Dom (and cause mental effects) but he can for x? This is always funny to imagine in a free-for-all with more than 2 characters.
Hey everyone twist the SBA to favour whoever they are supporting. There should be a fixed something not some vague statements that can be interpreted in a lot of ways.

Back