• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Does Resistance to Power Null extend to attacks themselves?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This confusion popped up a bit ago. To try to contextualize, let's say A is a Wizard resistant to Nullification of Magic and is facing B, an opponent of comparable power, who can Null Magical Attacks.

B's abilities can't prevent A from using magic, but would they dispel A's magical attacks once they've been conjured? If A created magical constructs with his power, would B be able to disable them with his nullification?

Thanks in advance for the help!

This is kinda specific, and since magic is not an standarized power aside of manipulating supernatural forces/energies, is depends of how the power works.

Well, that kinda backfired lol. I was trying to contextualize with a hypothetical situation so it wouldn't be too vague.

But essentially, if a character resists power nullification, his attack or things created by his powers can be nullified or they are resistant as well?

There's most be a reason why a character resist something as Power Negation, from it, one can dicern if its attacks can or not be negation/danpened.

I see, so it must be analyzed in a case by case to know the specific details and context involved.

Righto, then it kinda goes like this: characters in FF, with proper equipment, abilities or in some cases later in the story, can resist conditions such as Silence or Curse which prevent the use of abilities. For example, Silence disables the use of any sound or voice based commands, while curse disables those reliant on life or spirit of the user, to give an example.

Now, they fight an opponent that can use a specific command that nullifies a move made by the opponent. The move is canceled out and its effects disappear.

If this opponent tried using this command against the FF character who resists power nullification as described above, what would happen?

Sorry if I am still being confusing about it.

Being resistent to certain things do not prevent the opponent to cancel attacks. These characters have equipment and artifacts that protects them from certains conditions, do not makes their attacks uncancelable.

All right, that's what I needed to know. Thanks for the clarification.

One last question: one character can materialize elemental crystals from his own power which then attack the enemy by themselves. While their attacks can be cancelled, as you say, would those crystals share their owner's resistance to power nullification or they need some sort of proof (be it statements, feats, etc) of being resistant to power null by themselves to be considered as such? I know that if the character summoned a creature, the creature has its own share of abilities and resistances independently from the caster (unless stated or shown otherwise)

Yeah, the power, abilities, conditions and resistances of familiar/summoned entities may be linked somehow to their summoner's, but in general they are independent and can't be scaled from each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back