• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Does anyone else think that a stamina ranking system would be useful?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, it's just weird seeing "Really High" and getting a clarification on what that means, which makes the rating beforehand useless. You might as well just list their best/most consistent stamina feat and ignore the rating. I have a proposal for naming of the categories and what they would entail. It would entail listing a range

Below average human: Lower than what the average, non-athlete human can do in terms of stamina. Average untrained human: 1-2 minutes of sustained full power exertion. Athletic human: At most they can fight for 3-10 minutes without rest. (A boxing round is 3 mins, so I scaled up off of that. I remember hearing a boxing round going on for 10 minutes somewhere, so I just through that in there.) Athletic human+: Sustain battle for more than 10 minutes but less than 30 minutes. Peak Human: The user can sustain a battle at full power for 30-minutes to an hour without rest. Superhuman: The user can sustain a battle for more than an hour. Superhuman+: The user can sustain a battle for multiple hours (2-11). "Herculian" (name change?): Can sustain a battle for several hours to a day without rest (12-24 hours). "Herculian+": Can sustain a battle for multiple days (2-4). "Demigod-like": Can sustain a battle for up to a week (5-7 days). Demigod-like+: Can sustain a battle for multiple weeks (2-3). Godlike: Can sustain a battle for up to a month (3 weeks to a full month) Godlike+: Can sustain a battle for multiple months (2-5 months) Then we can go on and on changing months to years, years to decades, decades to centuries, and centuries to millennia, finally ending it at Near-Infinite: Has a limit, but it isn't a measurable number (literally they can fight almost forever, but they can be beaten at some point) And ending at Infinite: which is what it says on the Tin.

We can also just make it go by Class systems or whatever. Like, Class H, Class Dy, Class Y, Class Dc, Class Ma, Class Ml, class BL and so on...?

There is a human that could keep running during multiples days...

But i don't think we would be able to do a system like that even through it could be useful so we should wait morre opnions

This would take forever to implement but you do bring up a good point, two characters a with the same stamina could have vastly different feats and showings for their stamina and in some cases characters are inconsistent with their rating between other profiles. Although i do agree i dont see this getting implemented.

But at the same time stamina is also how long ya can exert yourself untill exhaustion, example being Kira got tired after walking across town with extra weight, Joseph could run several kilometers in a single breath and keep going.

Stamina is easier to measure based on the fact that it has a more consistent definition than Intelligence. Goku is a dumbass, but dat boi knows how to analyze his way out of Time Had and understand what is and isn't good in a fight. So, it would be hard to rate him on a specific level, other than saying things like-- "He's got the battle tactic skills of a General or a Commander" or something, which would only work if we had consistent requirements on what would require such rankings. That intelligence one can wait. As for the human who can run for days, I'm talking full sprint/maximum output non-stop without rest.

Then that... I don't know if that would make him a demi-god or if Humans are ******* lit. Jk, then running for days at full speed is likely a peak human feat because of this dude, but I don't believe this is real.

I agree with this. Though once we get with higher dimensional characters, we should put "immeasurable, x to the standards of the characters in his level"

About the heavy workload this would lead to? I don't see that as a problem. My general rule is that from now on all created profiles subscribe to the new system proposed, and over time we clean up profiles to work with the new system. I don't see need for a large revision out of this.

Either way, let's not put that days running feat in the criterion, because it's a massive human outlier. Or something? Someone notify Ant, before he leaves for his trip, so he knows about this thing.

Either way, does anyone think we should change specifics on what the criterion are? Because that running for multiple days straight at full sprint with no rest sounds impossible, and I don't know if it's actually true, but of it is, it breaks the, uh, current criterion just a bit. I do think that most untrained human beings can only last 2 minutes in a full on boxing match where they just swing until they can't swing anymore non-stop. Check world star videos, you'll see what I mean.

It's more like (slow)marathon run and while thats is still very ******* impressive, he is not capable to do usain bolt style running for days, or fight for days.

That's what I'm thinking, I don't think the dude can go max output nonstop for days. Long term survival is harder to measure as well, but maybe we need to talk about how to measure long term pacing things...? I don't know, that seems much more difficult than you'd expect. Maybe we can just make everyone assume all feats they would use for stamina were max output...? Or something. What does everyone else think?

Instead of using marathon run as reference, how about use something like boxing(like you say above) or any similar sport as reference.

That's what I think is best, because it also pretains to actual Vs Battles. But there are marathon feats as well, like Yusuke running across the desert for a week straight. We can assume that he'd be Demigod level or something and add a likely higher because it's not known if it was full sprint.

For someone fighting on a war, like Naruto characters did, then we might place them at athletic to peak human based off real life humans doing similar shit in the past, but only all that with at least, likely, or possibly in front of it, as it's not a direct translation to what the criterion says.

But it's better than the current criterion. I could rate myself with extremely high stamina and say that I stayed up for a week without sleeping. That doesn't mean I can compete with Goku's stamina. You see what I mean? The rating isn't at all indicative of anything.

Yusuke running across the desert for a week in the demon world? I think he run at full speed or at least at his running speed, also I think fictional character will usually run or travel at full speed when they are run or fly to their destination.

Amexim said:
That's what I think is best, because it also pretains to actual Vs Battles. But there are marathon feats as well, like Yusuke running across the desert for a week straight. We can assume that he'd be Demigod level or something and add a likely higher because it's not known if it was full sprint.
For someone fighting on a war, like Naruto characters did, then we might place them at athletic to peak human based off real life humans doing similar shit in the past, but only all that with at least, likely, or possibly in front of it, as it's not a direct translation to what the criterion says.

But it's better than the current criterion. I could rate myself with extremely high stamina and say that I stayed up for a week without sleeping. That doesn't mean I can compete with Goku's stamina. You see what I mean? The rating isn't at all indicative of anything.

We could divide stamina between active stamina (As in how long they could fight and do action) and passive stamina (just how long they can just be before they tire out)

Then that would mean introducing two different stats, and one of them will be almost always unknown. It's best to keep shit all together. There could be a ruleset for how to judge stamina or something, ya know? We can talk about that instead.

No, Just give them separate explanation like:

Absolutely enormous. Didn't tire when he was fighting with Sensui even though they were running through several hundred meters in length at the time and smashing their surroundings. Near the end of the series, he can run for 4 days straight without even breaking a sweat and is able to fight Yomi for 60 hours.

That would go against the purpose of this stat/rating criterion though.

Like I said, we can do "At least x, possibly/likely x" for most characters. I just think it should be taken on a Case by case basis and stamina would require tons of examination. It might be a good idea to go over how much stamina it would require to do certain superhuman feats and normal human feats as a basis. For example, running at peak exertion on Usain Bolt shit for a day would be (whatever I said a day was). Running a marathon for a week straight non-stop while pacing yourself is probably peak human at least...? Fighting in a war? Athlete to peak. Fighting in a war for 3 weeks without sleep? At least superhuman. People like that should be able to fight for an hour straight. I am just guessing though.

Well stamina is almost never used in Vs threads so I am neutral towards this as it would not really matter.

Never thought people would like my idea. I mean, people here don't go in-depth in the play by play of fights, so that might be part of the reason why it never comes down to stamina (that and most fights don't come down to wars of attrition). People don't really go into fighting styles as deep as I would either, but that's not important rn. But thanks, does anyone have any feedback or does anyone think that other admins should be notified? Is Ryukama available if Ant isn't?

It would certainly be useful but it's not plausible and it's difficult to reliably quantify.

I agree with Fan, The least that can be done is have all future profiles follow the standard.

And even if it is work or isn't super important, don't we take accuracy above all else?

See, this is not something that we can plausibly implement. It'd take months of work - staff work - and it's really not even worth the effort anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back