• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dodo's revenge! Discord Vs Flandre Scarlet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would we bloodlust Discord? He isn't being stomped here, just losing. And bloodlusting him would turn this match into yet another Inconclusive fest.

Since he mostly fools around?

@Causality one useful hax that can Insta kill him, is easy to use, and is trigger happy with judging by above comments.

it does not matter to me, like most of the time, touhou characters just Danmaku, I thought to put a prep time for flandre, but if she use with prep or not, that doesn't change,

So no Change.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
In a real fight, Flan wouldn't play around for the hell of it against an opponent she knows is powerful. She instantly destroyed far weaker beings and nuking people when meeting them is apparently her first reflex.
To be honest, not even things she thinks are powerful or dangerous, for example, the Meteorite which even the fodder tiers can destroy, she took that seriously, and she has a habbit of destroying things because "I whana go back to playing dollies.".

So to be honest it goes:

"Flandre takes this seriously and turns Discord into nothingness."

or

"Flandre gets annoyed instantly and turns Discord into nothingness."

Can someone clarify to me "destroing eye" thing? Which things/living beings were destroyed with it?

Well, is was considered dangerous enough by Remilia and the Scarlet Mannor to keep Flandre in a basement so she couldn't destroy anyone else, we've only seen it been used once in one of the Mangas whereby she obliterated a comet which was going to destroy Gensokyo.

If I remember correctly, in the Grimoire of Marisa, it was noted as being one of the most powerful abilities in all of Gensokyo.

Udlmaster said:
Well, is was considered dangerous enough by Remilia and the Scarlet Mannor to keep Flandre in a basement so she couldn't destroy anyone else, we've only seen it been used once in one of the Mangas whereby she obliterated a comet which was going to destroy Gensokyo.

If I remember correctly, in the Grimoire of Marisa, it was noted as being one of the most powerful abilities in all of Gensokyo.
So, since it was used only once, it's featless? I mean, can it harm ghost (or, "astral projection") of Discord? Can it harm magical beings at all? For me it all seems like NLF for now. Again if someone can bring anything else than please do it.

Well, literally everyone in Gensokyo has magic, so that's a silly question. Can she hurt Ghosts, yes. If we say "Oh it doesn't work on Ghosts" then she will Danmaku the hell out of his Body, and with no spellcard rules, it'd be impossible to dodge.

There's most likely something else that Saikou knows.

Discord isn't non-corporeal and his intangibility is closer to logia intangibility, so that question is pointless.

But considering that everyone in the verse can harm non-corporeal beings with their regular attacks, that Flandre's attack is considered the "strongest" of them all and that it can supposedly destroy anything in a verse where most people are youkai, ghosts or gods, I'd say that we have no reasons to assume she can't.

"Discord isn't non-corporeal and his intangibility is closer to logia intangibility, so that question is pointless."

Discord can literally exist as an image on the wall and use his powers.

Considering his spirit is leaving it's physical body, I'd argue his astral mode is non-corporeal. It isn't as if he is phasing his physical self through a wall or anything. I don't know where logia intang is coming from. Not saying it helps here.

1) Why Flandre is disadvantaged in the first place? I remember thr last thread of Discord vs another Touhou character is a stomp in favor of that Touhou character.

2) Judging by the above arguments, either both in-character and Flandre hax stomps (cannot be added), or both blood-lusted and inconclusive (can be added).

That was most likely Discord vs Yukari, and not gonna lie, it's usually either Inconclusive or a Stomp for Yukari, it's rarely a loss for her, like, she had an argument for being Ahriman, ya know, the guy who has some next insane Precog and had the AP advantage as well.

Jasonsith said:
2) Judging by the above arguments, either both in-character and Flandre hax stomps (cannot be added), or both blood-lusted and inconclusive (can be added).
It's not even close to a hax stomp ...

And for bloodlusting....Nope.

@Udl Imo that match wasn't fair at all, since there is really nothing Yukari could do.

@Jason The match is still winnable for Discord while not bloodlusted. Making the match bloodlusted would just make it yet another boring inconclusive.

So, since we're assuming, that eye crushing can destroy Discord including his spirit form, and that it is almost immediate action (i'm guessing it's not taking much time), and since she is always starts with it, can we call it a stomp?

Discord being able to hax before, or at the very least at the same speed, as she can kill him. Him not doing so in-character doesn't matter.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Him not doing so in-character doesn't matter.
Um, why is that? I'm reading Standard Battle Assumptions right now and it's clearly saying: State of mind: In character, but willing to kill. The characters will employ their usual battle strategies, including flaws such as being casual, however, must be willing to kill the opponent even if they usually won't. So, what is the usual battle strategy for Discord? Talk opponent to death? Do nothing? He is clearly not "able to hax before".

He is capable of haxing her before she erases him. He is simply a bundle of CIS from MLP that does not in fact go for the kill first chance he gets.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
He is capable of haxing her before she erases him. He is simply a bundle of CIS from MLP that does not in fact go for the kill first chance he gets.
Well, weaknesses clearly saying: Can be so overconfident and cocky that he will not go all-out against enemies, and has a tendency to underestimate his opponents. And puting him against Flandre, which is always use her strongest ability, and which is oneshot opponent, is slightly unfair. So, since he never really started battle with hax, Flandre haxing him before is guaranteed.

Ao, your saying that him loosing due to being stupid with using his abilities makes this a stomp? Because that is not how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back