• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dodging Internal Attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay first is dodging rain, now it's this?

What kind of crack are these characters smoking?
Not crack, but hallucinogens.
Anyways, we need more context here.
The context is an attack that forcefully possesses the target, then attacking them from "point blank" using the possessor as a focal point. Basically, taking over someone's body, and then trying to beat their ass while still inside their body... only for them to dodge it. Somehow.

If it's skill then that's hilarious, alongside the possibility of yet another goddamn infinite speed feat. We're gonna have to break out supergenius combat intelligence just for Touhou characters at this rate.

The context is an attack that forcefully possesses the target, then attacking them from "point blank" using the possessor as a focal point. Basically, taking over someone's body, and then trying to beat their ass while still inside their body... only for them to dodge it. Somehow.
Are we... Not given any other kind of context? Because honestly, its way too vague currently to assume anything. Idk about touhou shenanigans except getting my ass beat when I played it once, but for all I know, the character could be attacking their organs or smth and they just shifted it. It could be many things, really. Tbh I'm thinking this is just not an indexable feat due to how vague it is.

Though, were the characters that dodged stated to be hilariously faster than the possessor, or nah?

I was gonna mention Infinite Speed heh, but I don't know much about Touhou (outside of how busted the verse is) to know how consistent it is, but hey, if y'all got more than one, then it's arguable 👀

Are we... Not given any other kind of context? Because honestly, its way too vague currently to assume anything. Idk about touhou shenanigans except getting my ass beat when I played it once, but for all I know, the character could be attacking their organs or smth and they just shifted it. It could be many things, really. Tbh I'm thinking this is just not an indexable feat due to how vague it is.

Though, were the characters that dodged stated to be hilariously faster than the possessor, or nah?
Organ shifting wouldn't really be a thing in this case because like. most of the characters who dodge this attack don't have organs in the first place. (and the remainder are never shown to have any degree of body control that'd let them do that). The possessor and the target are comparable in speed, yeah. There unfortunately isn't further context, but idk what else I'm supposed to gather from "character gets possessed, character possessing them attacks them point blank, and they dodge".
I was gonna mention Infinite Speed heh, but I don't know much about Touhou (outside of how busted the verse is) to know how consistent it is, but hey, if y'all got more than one, then it's arguable 👀
"Arguable" we already have 4 accepted infinite speed feats lol

Honestly I just don't think this is an indexable feat then. Its way too vague to assume what would be correct.

Though, by any chance, is this a game? Like did the characters dodge in-game?

Honestly I just don't think this is an indexable feat then. Its way too vague to assume what would be correct.
I don't really agree with that, I think "you get possessed and attacked at point blank range" is pretty clear, but I won't drag this out.

Though, by any chance, is this a game? Like did the characters dodge in-game?
Yeah, attacks like this are actually intended to be dodged since that's the basis for most combat in the verse. Though, I should note that the way this attack appears in gameplay isn't necessarily accurate to how it's described in text (since something like this can't really be conveyed through gameplay, as is the case for a lot of attacks in the series).

Does it being a skill feat become any more likely if characters can consistently dodge millions of attacks at once or dodge weather

Reminds me of those cartoons when a character is cut in half but all that happens is their legs running off on their own, then joining back together afterwards. Wild.

If someone can dodge attacks that spawn inside their body, how would we quantify this? Is it hax, a speed feat, or "skill"?
I want to say that it's dodging hax. Because anything else sounds logically impossible. Even if they moved at infinite speed they would still be taking their body with them so it shouldn't matter here.

Outlier
Aimdodging by expecting it to happen
extremely high speed
some weird ability if it does exist

For example generating fire inside someone or bloodbending someone is almost impossible to dodge as it happens inside you

now aimdodging is possible if they expect it to happen and they simply move away from the targetted area for the ability to generate in (unless of course that ability auto aims)
which moves to
Bloodbending
it cannot be dodged and even with some high speed you cannot dodge it because it is within you after all sure you can dodge it in a way that you don't let it target you in the first place but that's almost impossible
so last point would be

which either makes it a weird ability that can somehow resist it or prevent it

or its just a stupid outlier and the ability simply failed so it got dodged

Did.....eh.....the attack spawn inside the body??, this situation is kinda hard to visualize and understand
The context is a character getting possessed and then getting attacks by the person possessing them.
or its just a stupid outlier and the ability simply failed so it got dodged
...The ability didn't fail, the entire premise of this feat is that the ability worked exactly as intended.
This is for sure not anything special, dodging "point blank" is not dodging an internal attack
That's not what the feat is, it's dodging an attack from someone who is currently possessing you.

If someone can dodge attacks that spawn inside their body, how would we quantify this? Is it hax, a speed feat, or "skill"?
Definitely not skill. That's stupid.

Speed. Not really?

Hax. Depends what the verse itself says.

Sometimes, we need to take a step back and see that, simply, not everything is a quantifiable feat, so trying to force a category for the sake of it is just nonsense.

Definitely not skill. That's stupid.
I mean, this is a verse where dodging rain is treated as a typical skill feat-
Any visuals? Like a scan
Literally just "you get possessed and attacked at point blank by the person possessing you".
Ngl, this is a weird feat, anyway, i want to know what kind of "attack" the person who possessing the character perform??
Danmaku, although I'm not sure if the specifics matter.

if this the only thing that is said about the ability, then how would you know that it spawns inside of the target ? Because, as far as I know, that's not what point blank means. In regards to firearms, Point Blank Range is just a shot that is extremely close w/o actually touching the target.
Because the attacks are literally coming from the person possessing them. By definition, possession is having something enter your body and take it over, so where exactly would an attack from the possessor spawn if not within the body?

Isn’t this just body control? The human body has like, very little empty space, so to even dodge internal attacks, you’d have to move your insides around.

By definition, possession is having something enter your body and take it over, so where exactly would an attack from the possessor spawn if not within the body?
Well if you put it that way then it makes it sound like the possession did hit, and just didn't have any effect i.e., resistance. I guess the fundamental issue here is what can be considered "having an effect." I intially concluded that it was a speed feat because you used the word "dodge," i.e., evading through speed, then assumed it to be something unquantifiable like the flash's infamous "outran death" feat. However, if the attack did land on the target (because according to you, in this verse, possession inherently manifests within) then they likely just resisted it no?

A lot of spell cards in gameplay are wildly different than how they're presented in lore. For example, Reincarnation "Ichijou Returning Bridge" is said to reverse time and resurrect the dead, even though that isn't really represented in the game itself.
Well if you put it that way then it makes it sound like the possession did hit, and just didn't have any effect i.e., resistance. I guess the fundamental issue here is what can be considered "having an effect." I intially concluded that it was a speed feat because you used the word "dodge," i.e., evading through speed, then assumed it to be something unquantifiable like the flash's infamous "outran death" feat. However, if the attack did land on the target (because according to you, in this verse, possession inherently manifests within) then they likely just resisted it no?
I think you're conflating the possession itself with the attacks that follow. When you get possessed, you aren't really getting attacked in any sense; You can't dodge because there's nothing to dodge. It's just someone else chilling in your body. It's only after that the target gets possessed do they start getting attacked, and then they start dodging shit.

A lot of spell cards in gameplay are wildly different than how they're presented in lore. For example, Reincarnation "Ichijou Returning Bridge" is said to reverse time and resurrect the dead, even though that isn't really represented in the game itself.

I think you're conflating the possession itself with the attacks that follow. When you get possessed, you aren't really getting attacked in any sense; You can't dodge because there's nothing to dodge. It's just someone else chilling in your body. It's only after that the target gets possessed do they start getting attacked, and then they start dodging shit.
We can see the danmaku coming back after being fired out, that looks like its reversing time. I highly doubt this means spell cards in general like the possessing phoenix one has an animation that is different from the lore statement. Besides, an attack from someone possessing you does not necessarily have to come from the inside, it could come from around them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back