• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

how to best tackle games with no dodging animation where attacks can Miss.

Ie basically a verse with several beam of light attacks that can miss based off the character's evasion, something they can increase with equipment.
would you consider it a valid dodging feat?
cause feat searching a verse where various light based attacks (including lasers that are explicitly stated to use Photons.) can miss even at point blank ranges. So far I've just been assuming vaugly ftl.

They shouldn't scale anywhere. It is not impossible to dodge something at point blank range while not scaling to it in speed.

They shouldn't scale anywhere. It is not impossible to dodge something at point blank range while not scaling to it in speed.

But it's all based off theri evasion from equipment that canonically enhances their stats. notably magic evasion from magic attacks that are stated even in cutscene to just flat out not miss.

But it's all based off theri evasion from equipment that canonically enhances their stats. notably magic evasion from magic attacks that are stated even in cutscene to just flat out not miss.
That doesn't prove they scale to it as well, someone 1.2 times faster than an average human for example would have an easier time dodging a light based attack than a regular human

Actually thinking about it, I think there are verses here with no dodge animation that are scaled. Old school final fantasy is one off the top of my head. Disgaea as well.
So Shrugs who knows.

Actually thinking about it, I think there are verses here with no dodge animation that are scaled. Old school final fantasy is one off the top of my head. Disgaea as well.
So Shrugs who knows.
That's weird, may have to make a CRT to see if a standard should be made or something

Bump, Asking purely because I'm both curious and because It involves a verse I'd very much want to see on the site. I wish this site was better at tackling niche verses.
Sorry if this counts as necroing. I just kinda forgot about this.

Back