• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doctor Who (Hopefully Final) Revisions

Wait

The Key hurt the black guardian not the TARDIS

In fact now that I think about it I'm iffy on why we scale the TARDIS to the guardians when the celestial toymaker stomped the TARDIS and the doctor needed the key to beat the black guardian...

@Mindovin I'll fix that soon.

Edit: I've made the changes.

@Zach The only time The Doctor used Spatial Manipulation was against the Quantum Archangel with The Master's War TARDIS fused to it. There's also two occasions where the Black Guardian, even at his strongest in the end of the universe, couldn't breech the TARDIS' full defences, and the earliest version of the forcefield tanked an attack from Animus.

No. The Toymaker just shut down the TARDIS without its defences. He's stronger than the TARDIS' Eye of Harmony, sure, but not it's full defences that have been upgraded.

The TARDIS is a separate page. It's just standard equipment.

Wait

the daleks page says the ****** over the TARDIS

And toymaker has the daleks as his puppets

So

REally Toymaker being weaker than TARDIS makes no sense

Or the TV series rarely ever follow the books. Also, the Guardians may be powerful, but they're not "experts" at fighting TARDISes like the Daleks (this statement was from the same episode where they depowered it). Plus, we never see The Doctor use his full defences against the Daleks, and he couldn't have at the time it was depowered in The Stolen Earth.

DOCTOR: We've got about twenty seconds. Here he comes.
(Sutekh travels along the tunnel, but does not come out of the end.)
SUTEKH: Who dares to interfere?
DOCTOR: You're caught in a temporal trap, Sutekh.
SUTEKH: Time Lord! I shall destroy you. I shall destroy you!
DOCTOR: How long do Osirans live, Sutekh?
SUTEKH: Release me!
DOCTOR: Never. You're caught in the corridor of eternity.
SUTEKH: Release me, insect, or I shall destroy the cosmos!
DOCTOR: You're a thousand years beyond the twentieth century now, Sutekh. Go on for another ten thousand.
SUTEKH: I'll spare the planet Earth. I'll give it to you as a plaything. Release me!
(Sutekh starts to disappear along the passage.)
DOCTOR: No, Sutekh. The time of the Osirans is long past.
SUTEKH: No!
DOCTOR: Go. He lived about seven thousand years.
SARAH: He's dead. Sutekh is dead.
DOCTOR: At last.
SARAH: Look, I know that's the time control from the Tardis, but what did you do?
DOCTOR: I moved the threshold of the time space tunnel into the far future. He could never have reached the end. After the Eye was broken, I realised that we had little more than two minutes to get back here.
SARAH: But how?
DOCTOR: The time radio waves take to pass from Mars to Earth.
SARAH: Ah. So the Eye of Horus was still holding Sutekh for two minutes after it was broken.
DOCTOR: Yes. You know, the Egyptians called him the Typhonian beast.
(Boom!)
SARAH: Doctor!
(Flames and smoke come from the mummy case.)
DOCTOR: That was careless of me. I forgot the thermal balance would equalise.
SARAH: Listen, this priory was burnt to the ground, remember?
DOCTOR: Yes. Perhaps it is time we were leaving. We don't want to be blamed for starting a fire, do we?
SARAH: No.
DOCTOR: I had enough of that in 1666.
SARAH: What?

The Eye was still suppressing his powers, and The Doctor just shunted him into the future through a time corridor, where he aged to death.

The Eye of Horus is power null. It's more of a device than an artefact.

Also elder gods and great old ones might have law manip because it this

" He shook his head. The mnemonic had well and truly altered the local properties of the space-time continuum, and the rational part of his mind wondered how stable it all was. The way things were currently going, it wouldn't have surprised him if the whole lot collapsed on top of him ― in a metaphysical sense, of course ― and then it would take a lot more than a respiratory bypass system to save him."

I don't think that paradoxes fit better under causality than time manipulation.

In this case, one of the paradoxes was allowing Toclafane, who were humans that originated from the end of the universe, to kill their ancestors without being erased from existence.

It was also implied to be capable of rending rifts in space, rather than just space-time.

I'm not sure either, which is why I brought up an example.

I was saying the Paradox Machine should also have improve portal creation.

Wait holy shit I think I found something that could bring the verse back to 1-B

"To me, Doctor, your universe is less than a millionth of a second old. In the blink of my undying eye it will be the burst bubble. All of your future, all of your past, the whole of your reality, we Elder Gods perceive it as no more than you perceive a single speck of dust. To us your everything is nothing. There is nothing here… but us."

-Fenric

This implied they can effect the after universe

No. That's far too speculative, and even if it wasn't, it completely contradicts Doctor Who cosmology to a point where I'm 99% sure the writers didn't even know about the after-universe or Saraquazel, especially since his 11-D form alone matched, if not surpassed, the Great Intelligence. Either that, or he's simply referring to other universes, which he did access in this story.

By the way, even the swimmers see universes as bubbles that they can pop, so an 11-D Elder God's view would be similar, and it's unknown if Fenric even knows what the after-universe is.

Yes

Quantum archangel is above time lords but she's still "bound" to the multiverse in a sense, albeit having control over it. Fenric, one of the weaker elder gods, views the multiverse as a speck of dust

They're not stronger. She has far better feats and The Doctor implied it would take the Six-Fold God to stop her.

Fenric didn't say he "views the multiverse as a speck of dust", just N-Space.

Back