• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
There is.

Not in terms of powers and abilities, naturally.

But he does flat out state "Do you think a grand total of two could make me shiver when I've played against the Guardians of Time and Space and shrank them into Voodoo dolls?"

That's above his current classification as a member of the Guardians of Time
Guardian Grown in power if their Concept become stronger, so he likely become more powerful in some point due so many games and tricks in the Omniverse

There is.

Not in terms of powers and abilities, naturally.

But he does flat out state "Do you think a grand total of two could make me shiver when I've played against the Guardians of Time and Space and shrank them into Voodoo dolls?"

That's above his current classification as a member of the Guardians of Time
That's solely within the context of a "game" where everything is basically equal. The same episode mentions the binary of order and chaos (White and Black Guardians) with him being the embodiment of a third element, that of "play". It's vague enough that it can fall into the Guardian classification or something else like a Great Old One

That's solely within the context of a "game" where everything is basically equal. The same episode mentions the binary of order and chaos (White and Black Guardians) with him being the embodiment of a third element, that of "play". It's vague enough that it can fall into the Guardian classification or something else like a Great Old One
I remember that in some book it is said about him being the guardian of dreams. I think it was in Quantum Archangel or another similar book.

Either way, the toymaker is above the average guardian considering he only fears one being as of now

For a being as powerful as him, how'd he lose a game of catch? probably PIS or just didn't want to use his powers cause he doesn't cheat
He tell us.

The face he's using is just a mask for the vastness the Doctor could never comprehend.

Likewise, he can't use any abilities as per his own rules, similar to Cacophony.

Guardian Grown in power if their Concept become stronger, so he likely become more powerful in some point due so many games and tricks in the Omniverse
Not very likely given his story with the 12th Doctor, where the Universe terrifies him, and how it's cold and dark, antithetical to his existence, which is why he kidnapped the Doctor in that comic.

Not very likely given his story with the 12th Doctor, where the Universe terrifies him, and how it's cold and dark, antithetical to his existence, which is why he kidnapped the Doctor in that comic.
Earth appears to be a place that's perfect for him though. He revels in all the "play" that humanity brings.

Imo, no. Unlike The Curator, there's not enough differences to justify a fully separate profile.

Imo, no. Unlike The Curator, there's not enough differences to justify a fully separate profile.
But he's technically separate character, kinda. Like from how I see it the whole idea of the recent special was to serve as a sort of soft reboot to the series where the doctor who went though all the struggles is taking much needed rest and allowed to properly deal with his past while the new Doctor with his copy of the Tardis are traveling as a new man.

The Fourteenth Doctor is actually the separate character (narratively speaking) after regenerating. The Fifteenth is from The Doctor's established future (now present), and The Doctor's history was altered by the bi-regeneration. This is why 15 benefited from 14's rehab, despite it happening after the bi-regeneration.
  • DOCTOR 15: I loved her. And Rose. But the Time War, Pandorica, Mavic Chen. We fought the Gods of Ragnarok, and we didn't stop for a second... ..to say, what the hell?
  • DOCTOR 14: But you're fine.
  • DOCTOR 15: I'm fine because you fixed yourself. We're Time Lords. We're doing rehab out of order.

Last edited:
No. 15 is 14's future self. He was just kind of pulled back along his own timeline by the bi-regeneration, since it altered their established timeline.

The Fourteenth Doctor is actually the separate character (narratively speaking) after regenerating. The Fifteenth is from The Doctor's established future (now present), and The Doctor's history was altered by the bi-regeneration. This is why 15 benefited from 14's rehab, despite it happening after the bi-regeneration.
  • DOCTOR 15: I loved her. And Rose. But the Time War, Pandorica, Mavic Chen. We fought the Gods of Ragnarok, and we didn't stop for a second... ..to say, what the hell?
  • DOCTOR 14: But you're fine.
  • DOCTOR 15: I'm fine because you fixed yourself. We're Time Lords. We're doing rehab out of order.
But then there are 2 TARDIS now, like he used the game to get another TARDIS, like if he's just a future version of the Doctor time slipping why wouldn't he have just went to where he last parked his TARDIS. Also some lines from the episode imply that the 15 is confused at the age discrepancy, like he should already know that he's the older one and shouldn't have to be corrected on it.
Also I wanna point out even the wiki page you linked is unclear, it does say that they are "independent beings" despite everything else it says.

If he was pulled back through his own time stream, his TARDIS wouldn't be. It is literally physically impossible for that to happen to a TARDIS without disastrous consequences for the Web of Time, so diverging his future TARDIS and leaving its past to catch up is the only possible choice.

Yeah, but he is explicitly older. So that's a moot point. Plus, other Doctors have described their incarnations as younger and older in a way that's irrelevant to chronology (notably in reference to the 1st Doctor).

They are independent beings. That's how regeneration works (it literally rewrites a Time Lord's entire biodata). What's different is that those two independent beings (one from the present, and one from the future) diverged equally from the regeneration instead of transitioning.

Last edited:
Perhaps a side point, I thought the doctors had the same “brain” throughout the regenerations is the mind separate from their biodata?

Biodata is their entire personal timeline.

As for their brains being the same, it's stated in The Sirens of Time that regeneration affects the balance of their personality, like the Sixth Doctor being considerably more pragmatic than the Fifth.

Perhaps a side point, I thought the doctors had the same “brain” throughout the regenerations is the mind separate from their biodata?
The abstract mind? No, It is within the biodata, however the processing speed may vary slightly due to how the brain is improved due to regeneration that, as we know, re-made the biodata of the Time Lord to generate this new personality.

Ok, I’m not too deep into Who lore, I was just thinking of that time the Doctor met the Fugitive Doctor and despite having no memories of one another they comment how they have the same “brain” indicating that even though they went through innumerable regenerations they’re still fundamentally the same “being” (using the term loosely). I was just curious how that fit into this

The Doctor technically also has the same DNA, and even storing information changes parts of the brain, so I think they mean in a general sense.

Earth appears to be a place that's perfect for him though. He revels in all the "play" that humanity brings.
It's complimentary to his nature, Humans dreaming and playing games of all natures, but eventually, the Celestial Toymaker will lose interest, because its not his games and not his Toy room, which is why the Doctor offered to play with the Toymaker with infinite games, because the Doctor can make as many as he likes.

The RAWEST and most BADASS LINE in probably all of DW lowkey. So cool!.

"I toyed with Supernovas. turned Galaxies into spinning tops, I gambled with God, and turned him into a Jack in the box"
Have we seen God in Dr Who mentioned as an actual being outside the EU?

My SSD had to be replaced.

I'll have to finish the rest sometime tomorrow (which is technically today in my timezone).

All I have to finish are the rest of the Void, Web of Time, multiversal Time Vortex sections, and a few other small things in the CRT.
Ok

My SSD had to be replaced.

I'll have to finish the rest sometime tomorrow (which is technically today in my timezone).

All I have to finish are the rest of the Void, Web of Time, multiversal Time Vortex sections, and a few other small things in the CRT.
take your time, the more polished it is, the better it'll end up

Have we seen God in Dr Who mentioned as an actual being outside the EU?
He's likely saying "God" as short-hand to the viewer.

Essentially, he's saying "I've beaten all-powerful beings". An example of short hand is like in Hercules (the Disney movie) where Herc gets on his knees and prays to Zeus like a Christian, obviously, Greeks didn't do that, but to a Modern (mostly Western) viewer, it's a sign of piety and deference before a God.

The source code of the new thread is having a bizarre seizure (like outright deleting sections and integrating titles to bullet lists), so, to buy myself time, I'm going to release two parts of the first thread in a private discussion.

If you want to critique part 1 now, and part 2 later, I'll add you.

Plus, it gives me time to rehash my god awful writing quality.

Last edited:
The source code of the new thread is having a bizarre seizure (like outright deleting sections and integrating titles to bullet lists), so, to buy myself time, I'm going to release two parts of the first thread in a private discussion.

If you want to critique part 1 now, and part 2 later, I'll add you.

Plus, it gives me time to rehash my god awful writing quality.
Add me, I wanna read through it and see if anything needs to be changes

Back