• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doctor Who audio books

ByAsura

He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
I've heard there's no real established canon for Doctor Who, but does anyone have any information for about them being "canon", secondary to the series, or contradicted?

I've also heard about some of them being able to fit into the time line and some not, so i'll say a specific story. Is Eldrad Must Die! contradicted by the events in the TV show?

Doctor Who canon is literally "Whatever you want it to be" as per Word of God.

BBC doesn't actually own everything in Doctor Who (Hell, they don't even own the Daleks), so a bunch of authors can use material from them in their own stories without issue. There is no canon because they can't even have one to begin with.

https://soundcloud.com/big-finish/sets/complete-free-big-finish

http://www.openculture.com/2017/05/30-hours-of-doctor-who-audio-dramas-now-streaming-on-spotify.html

Plenty more on Soundcloud if you know where to look. And I mostly agree with Ever. Virgin, BCC, Big Finish, FASA's role-playing game, various liscensed reference books, Lawrence Miles' books, the Benny adventures, and the comics in Doctor Who magazine are all on the table. It's frightening how consistent they are, too. Most completely unreliable sources can be spotted a mile away due to no one associated with the show or the aforementioned sources being tied to them; that and the fact that these fan-works almost invariable broadcast themselves as such and are free make them surprisingly easy to differentiate from the sources we should consider legitimate.

@Weekly - I feel for you and think we're too harsh on SCP, but I hope I just proved how many issues in Doctor Who are much more certain than a webpage that can be edited.

Thank you for the imput. I'll have to read those some time. They seem interesting.

Back