• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doctor Manhattan vs. The Ellimist - Comparison

Oh? What revisions?

As for Doctor Manhattan, he has the ability to control the fundamental forces. In DC's "Doomsday Clock", he even demonstrated the power to manipulate DC's Magic. He can see all moments in the past, present and future.

Keep in mind, I helped define a lot of the Ellimist revisions months ago. And as I learn more about real quantum physics in preparation for my mega eight-way sci-fi crossover fanfiction as well as writing my own series of novels, I'm beginning to grasp the concepts better, as described in the books.

Note that the VISSER also has a passage where Edriss confirms that Superstring Theory is real (called the Andalite Harmonics Theory), while also saying it's just the next step towards something else.

As defined in the wiki's rather rigid tiering system, however, this is a stomp, unless you mean in terms of the real science, in which case, could you specify that?

Both are characters who, through twists of fate, became able to manipulate the laws of physics around the freely. The real Doctor Manhattan is a disembodied consciousness; the Ellimist's consciousness is merged with the fabric of reality. Doctor Manhattan manipulates the fundamental forces and space-time; the Ellimist manipulates the strands of space-time.

While the Ellimist remained the same when he became merged with the fabric of space-time, Jonathan Osterman started growing more emotionally detached from the world around him, IIRC, to the point of apathy. Even though he could be right in the room when someone is about to be killed and he can do something to stop it, he doesn't because "he doesn't see himself doing so in the future".

That's Dr. Manhattan's big limitation - he only does what he sees his future self doing. On the other hand, he also moved the Lantern out of Alan Scott's reach just to see what impact that would have on the continually changing Metaverse of DC Comics, which changed the future he saw so drastically that, whereas before he could see all the way into the 31st century, he can now only see up to the point where he fights Superman.

Back