• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doctor Manhattan Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, A good friend of mine said that Manhattan was involved with the happenings of the creation of New 52 . I'd like to see some evidence for such a claim, because that there may very well be into the tier 1 stuff.

Secondly, one-shotting Pandora is definitely a great feat. However, it definitely is a lot more than 2-C . New 52 Pandora hasfought and managed to actually take hits from Spectre twice , and also Pandora said to Phantom Stranger that she is not afraid of his master , AKA Presence [ That's weird though, but i wanted to include it anyways ] . If he can one-shot Pandora, wouldn't it imply much greater firepower than 2-C ?

I believe it would result in some form of an upgrade.

Let me talk a bout the DcNU creation from either Pandora or Manhattan for a second:If we assume Pandora was the cause of DC:Rebirth though [ Because we were straight up told by the AUthor she caused it herself , supported by Spectres conforntation and Phantom Stranger's... ] ... And she got effortlessly one-shotted... Entirely different story. If we assume Manhattan caused it , similar upgrade, just not the implied..

Mxyzptlk recently implied that Doctor Manhattan is much stronger than himself, so when we know more, the latter will likely be significantly upgraded.

However, there was no indication that the Spectre used his full power directly against Pandora in the above scans.

I thought so... We could also upgrade him based on obliterating Metron [ IN the Mobius Chair ] as well, who tanked AM's power without injury, as other great high-ends. I wanted to bring up the DCnU because there was an interview which straight up confirmed Pandora was the cause of it New 52's Creation [ Merging Vertigo , DC , and WIldstorm ] , and she was completely one-shotted... Wanted to point that out.

Thanks for correcting me about Pandora however. I appreciate it you two. Is there anything else about Pandora we can use. Specifically she is considered to be capable of taking on each of the sins, where each one can destroy the multiverse supposedly.

The New 52 Anti-Monitor is enormously weaker than he was originally portrayed.

Also, destroying the local 52 universes DC multiverse is just a 2-C feat.

The New 52 Anti-Monitor only ravaged a planet. He never remotely destroyed a universe on screen.

There were 52 universes even before this, as established during the "52" weekly maxiseries following Infinite Crisis.

Then what the heck was being merged here ? They wouldn't say New 52 re-created another 52 Universes if they are already a part of it. I am near 100% sure merging the new realities requires much greater power than 2-C .

Yeah they would. They just merged and recreated a new set.

Yes, that is correct, but Pandora only affected the local cluster as far as I am aware.

Marvel and DC Comics are extremely incoherent and inconsistent.

It really isn't. There are several Japanese series with cosmologies just as or even more convoluted.

DC isn't incoherent, it's just complex.

@Matthew

Well, I have read an awful lot more of these comics than yourself, and according to my experience Marvel in particular really is extremely incoherent and inconsistent, thanks to the sheer number of writers and stories.

He was definitely not portrayed as such when still alive, and in addition, it is just an unproven theory from the characters.

Andrew means that the Dark Multiverse, created by human nightmares, might have a comparable humber of dimensions to the regular one, and if channeling the Anti-Monitor's spirit can destroy it, this should scale.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I think that the New 52 Anti-Monitor is at least Low 2-C, tho. Would scale to that Storyline's Darkseid, too.
Though I haven't read Darkseid Wars. I really should, heard it was good.

Sorry to intrude but what puts Nu52 Darkseid as Universe Level+?

Antvasima said:
Mxyzptlk recently implied that Doctor Manhattan is much stronger than himself, so when we know more, the latter will likely be significantly upgraded..
Wat

Damn Manhattan...

All that we have is an image of the Anti-Monitor standing on a ravaged version of Earth. Not remotely any displayed universal destruction.

Antvasima said:
All that we have is an image of the Anti-Monitor standing on a ravaged version of Earth. Not remotely any displayed universal destruction.
It has Universal feats on Darkseid War. Darkseid also has Universal feats.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Stuff like destroying single universes.

Are you sure about that because i remember all we saw was the aftermath of him ravaging the Earth before the CS came to the Prime Earth in Forever Evil. Unless i missed something i mean it's been a long time since i read New 52 stuff.

But the Metron scan only related to the Anti-Monitor's past stature. In the present we are only shown that the AM has ravaged a planet and told that Darkseid can destroy one.

But the current AM is literally the AM of the past, and it has consumed entire universes as stated in the second group of scans. And the DC Guidebook states that it is equal to COIE AM. I don't it is but I accept Universal.

If he was, he would logically not have been inconvenienced by Darkseid, or Darkseid not inconvenienced by the Justice League.

Then again, we could blame that on standard plot-induced stupidity, but guidebooks are generally considered as unreliable if they contradict what is shown in the stories, and the Anti-Monitor did not destroy any universes, he simply devastated the Earth of the Injustice League.

Matthew Schroeder said:
But the current AM is literally the AM of the past, and it has consumed entire universes as stated in the second group of scans. And the DC Guidebook states that it is equal to COIE AM. I don't it is but I accept Universal.

I'm with Antvasima, Comic Book guidebooks are notoriously unreliable with portraying the power levels of a character (Thor listed as a hundred tonner even after doing much more, Captain America not being superhuman)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back