• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absorbtion works, so GG.

No, your questions about it are, quite honestly, worthless. He can absorb power, there's literally no reason you would ever assume it only works on the stuff he has used it on UNLESS he or someone else knowledgeable implied this.

I really hope you don't have to ask why this is a thing.

Yeah, i'm asking. If he had that kind of easy way of winning, why does he keep losing to weaker-than-Cosmic-gods heroes?

I'm not asking if he can absorb Chaos Energy, i'm asking if he can absorb machines and regular (on a biological level) human's life force with a power meant for Cosmic level power.

ElixirBlue said:
If he had that kind of easy way of winning, why does he keep losing to weaker-than-Cosmic-gods heroes?
"Why doesn't Thanos just snap away the Avengers when they're the only threat against the peace he's created?"

"Why doesn't Batman just kill the Joker when he knows he's causing more harm leaving him alive?"

"Why doesn't Goku just take the goddamn heart medication when the entirety of future is at risk and Trunks specifically told him too?"

"Why doesn't Katniss kill Peeta when they have no chemistry whatsoever and it'll help her entire family for life?"

"Why doesn't...

And the list goes on and on, answer to all of them is because plot needs to happe. Unless you can conclusively prove that the Absorption only works on Cosmic Beings as you stated, Doom has absorption which can work on anything

Master Sword negates Ganondorf's magic. Very powerful magic. Can the Master Sword negate all magic? No. It was made for Dark magic in mind.

An E.M.P can wipe out energy on a planetary scale. Does that mean it can wipe out energy in the human body? No.

The Monado could destroy machines and monsters but couldn't hurt humans till it was allowed by its creator.

I'm asking for an example, anything to indicate Dr. Doom could absorb the life of a normal biological person or machine without using "We use power scaling here for everything, boi", so I can move on from this thread.

Cause, all i'm getting is the Absorption was made for great power/energy in Cosmic, not anything less.

Is there a statement that it cannot? That's like saying you can't mindhax a woman if you are only shown mindhaxing a man.

Also, Master Sword negates Darkness then, not magic.

Don't go real world when we're talking fiction.

That's irrelevant to the argument, it isn't like it literally didn't hold capacity to harm humans, it didn't because of PIS,

Elaborate why it cannot be used for anything less. Because if you can destroy a planet by strength, you can destroy a table by strength

If a power or ability was created with Cosmic beings in mind, is there any evidence that it can work on lesser beings, like humans and machines?

And I saw the boy but perhaps that situation could be further talked about?

Do you want me to manually go to google searches, find contextual clues as to which series the scan is from, proceed to match up the characters in the scan with entries from Marvel Wiki to find the issue number, read the entire arc, and then post the goddamn images for the debate to even continue?

Be reasonable here dude, you're arguing against basic logic here to justify the matchup

Zark2099 said:
Do you want me to manually go to google searches, find contextual clues as to which series the scan is from, proceed to match up the characters in the scan with entries from Marvel Wiki to find the issue number, read the entire arc, and then post the goddamn images for the debate to even continue?
That's what I do every time I get an Archie scan.

You do know I have a life, right? I have to work my ass off developing this assistive software for my own company while I am juggling a college, two different coachings and not trying to lose my boyfriend all the while I'm trying to find employment oppurtunities to manage my own expenses. I don't have time to do all of that just because you're being unreasonable, and I doubt anyone has for a matter of fact

EDIT: Plus the links are broken anyways, so I can't do it anyhow

Unreasonable? I'm asking to be convinced.

The reason i'm not convinced is the nature and creation of Dr. Doom's absorption ability. It's Unknown to me.

And i'm upset that people are treating the absorption as a killing method for Dr. Doom, when the scans presented didn't show that.

You're asking for us to conceed to your own bias unless through sheer ******* luck we find a 60 year old character's scan of damaging an arbitrary non-cosmic individual when he has little to no reason to do so because of his superior skillset to these non-cosmic characters (do you shoot a spider with an AK?)

Why isn't Doom's absorption inapplicable to non-cosmic individuals?

Anyhow, I'll retire from this discussion as it seems to go nowhere, sorry

If it can, please show me. Call me bias all you want, but it feels like i'm being bullied to think a certain way with no evidence.

Also, Oblivion Of The Endless already provided scans showing that the absorbsion, while able to absorb the powers of Cosmic beings, does not absorb life force.

65785757-69C0-4C6C-BAEC-52BBB84E3A11

"But Elixir, it absorbs Cosmic beings. The scan you have is wrong because since it absorbs Cosmic beings, it must also absorb Life Force of regular humans as well as the Count's."

"Believe our NLFs, Elixir!"

No one said it absorbs life force. You literally made that up yourself.

Even in the scan provided, it works on Nefaria, it absorbs his ionic energy, thus proving it can absorb both cosmic and ionic ones, and thus by logical extention, it can likely absorb any abiotic energy generated from a power source through verse equalization

But there is nothing for Dr. Doom to absorb from Eggman other than Chaos Energy, if he even uses it.

The beginning of this thread went, "But... Absorption that reaches Tier 1... GG, stomp in Dr. Doom's favor." And then the thread died.

Zark2099 said:
No one said it absorbs life force. You literally made that up yourself.

Even in the scan provided, it works on Nefaria, it absorbs his ionic energy, thus proving it can absorb both cosmic and ionic ones, and thus by logical extention, it can likely absorb any abiotic energy generated from a power source through verse equalization
"In biology and ecology, abiotic components or abiotic factors are non-living chemical and physical parts of the environment that affect living organisms and the functioning of ecosystems. Abiotic factors and the phenomena associated with them underpin all biology."

How does this translate to machines?

Various, from electricity to Life Force from a species he got on a genocide run.

B0A90233-C7AA-40A8-B935-98CD692A29C7
61E36679-1A1A-4D78-AB45-41152B34FEBA
1E9C8BF5-EFCE-4E33-AD49-40276C7D6407

When he lost the species, he lost their empty husks he was going to use as a filler for a universe-size dimension. He already took out the life force out of their bodies.

Also before you go "Nightmare is cosmic" first off no, and as the scans say, he absorbed him via converting his matter into energy and then absorbing them. Cosmic doesn't factor there

He straight up absorbed him entirely, the second scan shows that, he didn't absorb a specific part here, he just y'know, wiped him from existence. Life force, normal force, ionic force, any force. Just gone

Also, Dr. Eggman has immunity to at least Low 2-C magic. As, alone, Naugus's magic is Low 2-C, as he created the Zone of Silence and expanded it to the size of a universe.

Eggman has immunity over that, not to mention Naugus's low 2-C Magic was powered by a Post Great Harmony Emerald in addition when Eggman negate it.

8C183ADE-2159-4625-B844-62B0413556BB

Doom's absorption isn't magic, he made these Personal Energy Adapters, that allow him to do this stuff. It's 100% Science. Same with possession, as it some mind technique he learned from some aliens.

Also, Eggman himself isn't Magic proof, and unless you wanna argue that Doom can't teleport inside his machines and wreck him

Who, or what, was that person? Was that person like the Living Laser, who people can absorb because he is not human no more?

Did you read my scan? Even if you don't know who it was, he explicitly stated that person was converted into matter prior, then into energy, then absorbed.

Also, it isn't Living Laser, it's Nightmare, who had been turned into a physical, normal being prior as explained in the statement by Doom

Oblivion Of The Endless said:
Wait, I thought you were talking about the 2-As he absorbed, nevermind
No, we are talking about Eggman himself and machines, not 2-As like Nightmare.

Eh, the 2-A stuff you linked, their links broke, and Elixir wasn't accepting high tier absorption anyhow, labelling them as "cosmic" even if they're not

Nightmare (Marvel Comics) IS 2-C. Jesus can you at least check the goddamn profiles? At this point it isn't even about you being unreasonable, you're straight up ignoring things.

Doom can convert mass into energy and then absorb, the scan literally shows that and explains it as such. If you don't accept that, it's your own headcanon. That's the conclusion, the end.

Zark2099 said:
Also, Eggman himself isn't Magic proof, and unless you wanna argue that Doom can't teleport inside his machines and wreck him
That would be a tight fit.

471231D3-8242-4759-BE7C-3E48F4910A79

Zark2099 said:
Doom's absorption isn't magic, he made these Personal Energy Adapters, that allow him to do this stuff. It's 100% Science. Same with possession, as it some mind technique he learned from some aliens.
Power rings block out Magic and Science. This scan shows it blocking out mind manipulation.

2732C612-3E89-4054-84C1-B4804F9BBB31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back