• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doctor Doofensmirtz vs Dante (DMC)

Okay, if I'm reading Dante's keys correctly, the version of him being used is:
Devil May Cry 3 (At least 8-B, likely higher. Low 7-B after awakening his Devil Trigger)
Thus, his powers & abilities are as follows:
Everything from Devil May Cry Volume 1 (the powers & abilities of which are in a separate tabber from DMC1, apparently.) plus the DMC3 abilities....

....Since that's 2 walls of hax to consider, I suppose it'll be better to see what Doof has as possible answers to Dante, & what answers Dante has for that, etc.

Varies from Below Average Human level to City Block level with most inventions (With preparation time, Doofenshmirtz has been able to create many devices and machines that could harm him)

Okay, which inventions are which tier? Because at least 2 of them are Universal Level+ & plenty are probably weaker.
There is a link to a list on a Wiki, but I guess for now, let's look at the stats, then go through his powers & abilities.

Thankfully, only one of his cited Durability Calculations is City Block Level, so we have an idea of what part of his varying tier his inventions harming him are being scaled to:
74759720000 joules or 17.868001912046 tons of TNT or City Block level

How about Dante?

At least City Block level, likely higher (Even before unlocking his inner potential, Dante was capable of easily defeating Cerberus, who casually froze Temen-ni-gru's entrance)
That linked calc says:
Well, it's a bit confusing, since the last few lines say:
  • Q1 = 459757.3924 * 1040 * (-196-(-210)) = 6.69406763×10^9 J
  • Fusion energy = 459757.3924 * 25000 = 1.14939348×10^10 J (source for latent heat of nitrogen)
  • Q2 = 459757.3924 * 1040 * (0-(-196)) = 9.37169469×10^10 J
  • Vaporization energy = 459757.3924 * 199000 = 9.14917211×10^10 J
  • Q = Q1 + Fusion energy + Q2 + Vaporization energy = 2.0339667×10^11 J (48.61 tons of TNT, City Block level)
I'm not sure if there's supposed to be multiple ends or something.
More problematically, it seems ot have no comments, despite being cited on Dante's profile; Why is an unevaluated Calculation being used as a tiering justification on a profile?!
Well, that's something for another thread....

Anyway, I'll just assume Dante's scaling to the value with a rating next to it. So that's:

* Dante can easily defeat someone who casually does a 203,396,670,000 joules freezing feat.
* Doofenshmirtz scales to taking hits from inventions that can harm 74,759,720,000 joules Durability.

So Dante easily scales above someone who did a casual freezing feat that's about 2.72067191 higher than the Durability Doof's inventions can harm.
Depending on how easily or how casually the DMC characters did what they did, Dante could cross the 7.5x threshold into one-shot territory.

Good thing Doof has prep & all his optional equipment, I guess?
Wait.... How much prep time? The Preparation, SBA & Versus Thread Rules pages don't give us a default value. An hour? A day? A week? A month?

Anyway, onto Doof's powers & abilities that might be relevant.

1. Broadway Force?
Dante apparently has Resistance to Mind Manipulation (Is that applied in his DMC3 Key?)
Also, I don't know if it qualifies as Mind Manipulation or not. Doof's profile has no citation for the ability, & the ability's page itself, says, among other things:
"Also known as "The Music Meister Effect". Broadway Force, previously considered a far more stable variation of Toonforce"
"It is unknown whether or not it is a telepathy power, a hypnotic tune, or a magic enchantment, but for everything in between, we have The Broadway Force."

Does Dante resist Toon Force?
2. Time Travel (Can travel through time with the Time Travelinator, which runs off of "time juice")
Is Time Travelling a possible win con here? Ex: Kill a younger, weaker version of Dante, or maybe use the machine (Possibly in combination with other inventions?) to strand Dante?
3. Status Effect Inducement (Least Likely-inator, Eat-It-All-Inator, etc.)
I wish this was more clear on what it did. In fact, almost all of Doof's abilities aren't clear how they apply the power/ability. Many of them don't even cite an -inator!
4. Fear Manipulation (Worst-Fear-inator)
Mind Manipulation resistance aside, if this were to generate someone's worst fear into reality, what even WOULD it make for Dante?

The profile cites this for his Optional Equipment: https://phineasandferb.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_Doofenshmirtz's_schemes_and_inventions
& that page's list is divided into lists for the four seasons.... Oh boy.

....I think that currently, it may be more practical to get a knowledgeable member to explain in more detail how Doof can apply the powers & abilities on his profile.

Hopefully this analysis helps!

Back