• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Do you believe in Durability? (Pucci's Durability and speed downgrade)

ShiroyashaGinSan

VS Battles
Retired
Okay, I don't have enough details to know what made Pucci's Dura Low 2-C but I believe this is wrong. He obviously survived big crunch, yes, but JoJo is known for having many inconsistencies and unexplained things even within their own parts. In addition to that, the Jolyne gang is going to kill Pucci, and likely can, an impossible feat to do with their opponent's durability. Jolyne was able to hurt him as well, making his Dura with MiH really questionable. I think his Dura could be changed to either:

City Block Level+ (took a hit from Stone Free and survived), possibly Universal Level+ (tanked the effects of Made in Heaven but possibly it is because of lazy writing or Plot-Induced Stupidity)

Or just straight up City Block Level+ (took a hit from Stone Free)

Edit: the MiH's speed doesn't start with infinite as well, so I recommend to change the speed from infinite to:

At least Massively FTL+, increases up to Infinite.

Made in Heaven universal resert doesnt eveen has the effect of a normal big crush im dont eveen know why he has that.

It kind of is like that one Master unit from BB. It kind of chooses what timeline he is looking for by resetting it over and over again in my eyes. Just speculation though.

Also this has been discussed over and over again and Pucci isn't downgraded. I've seen threads similar to these like 3 times.

Dieno and DMB already said what had to be said here, we discussed this and agreed to rid of it a month or two ago IIRC. Same goes with Kars' stuff and tiering, might as well take that off of Kars now since there's no stopping me.

but no mods wanted to unlock his (Pucci) page i guess

Now that that was fixed I would like to point out that his speed in that Key ranks the maximum capacity of his time hax instead of his actual speed. Also his quote mistreats his character and its remark(?) doesn't appear in the manga.

That conversation was in the manga, it was just shortened for the sake of the quote. If its really bothering you, you can always just slap a "Do you believe in Gravity?" on it and call it a day.

The speed rankings past Whitesnake stats are just the Stands themselves. The most Pucci is at an accelerating speed himself alongside MiH. If you don't believe its Infinite it could be argued to be at least MFTL.

What are the requirements to be in infinite speed? I know the moving without time but anything else?

@Ari I meant that the last part of the quote isn't thick in the manga. "Do you believe in Gravity?" is more memorable, yeah.

It should likely be "Starts at X speed, constantly increasing up to". If I'm not mistaken, he gains infinite speed when he is incapable of harming someone, is this correct?

I will unlock the page for you. Tell me here when you are done.

I will unsubscribe to this thread, and re-lock the Enrico Pucci page. You can send me a message when you have reached a conclusion.

Why? 3 times away from the plus without mih. While mih multiplies Enrico and mih base speed by literal thousands at a moment of acceleration.

I agree with JSW here. I said MFTL, not MFTL+. Star Platinum/Stone Free isn't + or anything, it's the absolute minimum we can assume here. It doesn't matter if it'll eventually go to + because it'll eventually go past that and reach Infinity.

Yeah? Except without accelerating he would have 365 light speed.

Upon accelerating his speed literaly multiplied by hundreds of thousands.(The second time).

Mach 30000-50000 movement speed from the obd calculation or the vased flower calculation and mftl+ reactions.

Mftl+ for mih at the start leading into an infinite ranking after few minutes.

Excluding acceration he would be only mftl though my point now would be upon accelerating he is already mftl+ within the literal first moment of activating the power boosting him and mih for speed.

365 is lowball MFTL though.

Yeah I don't see any OBD nor vase calc in my vicinity of sight in this thread.

One of those don't even support with feats and just says it's sub-relativistic, and the other had an empty promise of providing pictures for near a year. The Silver Chariot calc should probably be redone or reevaluated, the damn thing's scans for providing maths has been lost on the archive when you try to click the spoilers. I could always just ask Josh to redo it or give me the pics he used if he still had em

I fail to see your logic in how it jumps that quickly.

Yeah for movement speed. His movement speed literally multiplied by hundreds of thousands from peak human.

Also cut the shit arigamy.

Ya well aware of the scene.
X2jojo
Ya are litterally debating upon activating mih he wont even triple speed. Which is factually and obviously false.

Calm down. Once he activates it it's continuously increasing. Nothing states it specifically triples his speed or doubles it, it just begins to increase past that point. It'll get tripled eventually, but I wouldn't say initially.

Knowing the scene is one thing, helping others know the scene is better.

But literally upon activation his base speed was multiplied hundreds of thousands of times (as a flower would take at least a week) and even going from 20mph to train velocity would be over triple.

Yeah my bad.

KamiYasha said:
Calm down J-man.

Arigarmy actually does make sense, i agree with him.
Kami. The only method that would not have base mih at mftl+ would be if mih didnt multiply base speed over three which it does upon activation on his first and last activation. Jotaro himself even does a rough calculation on how fast the intial burst was.

Time had passed and had a higher increase before any of those scenes happened. It could be possible that by that time the speed had tripled alongside the universe because of Made in Heaven, but it isn't factual to say it was like that when the Annassui's armed birthed it out. The Part 6 cast was also out of it for a little bit, it wasn't unspecified how much time though as gravity had to adjust back.

Maybe, but it's inconsistent for him to have the higher end when the first go took way longer to reach the point that it did (I think in the first one it took 5 minutes until Jotaro made the train comment? Purely estimating here.). He could've easily also just went ahead and began and the drastic movements began when he revealed them, but you can counter that argument if you check the clocks in the panels before Emporio attempts to attack Pucci. I only have 1, 2, and 8 saved on my PC right now.

I take it as he learned how to utilize mih more efficiently. The second time being the second and most recent ysage after all.

Also he explicitly mentioned when he used mih meaning the frame of time was one panel.

It's accelerating time from a fixed and continuously increasing point, you can't improve a fixed process in such a way like that. He never said he accerelated time just the, he just said he accelerated time again. It could've been the time he tried grabbing the disk, could've been the whole monologue he had about Heaven. He was already blitzing Emporio before he said he accelerated time.

Back