• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Do we scale Toon Force-based powers to other characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eficiente

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
A character or group of characters make use of a power that comes out of their Toon Force, not something natural. Do similar characters scale to have the same power?

Currently this is the case as Bugs Bunny (Composite) has his Mid-Godly regen due to that. This matter was never properly discussed tho.

I personally don't agree with this but, idk, could be wrong. In any case I heavily recommend inform the decision we may reach in the Toon Force page, which in turn is very outdated

I'd say other characters need to demonstrate the same power. It's like how a lot of dudes in 40k can use the warp, but almost nobody's as good as Magnus the Red. Just because it's the same source doesn't mean everything is shared.

We do not scale powers, they need to show/state what can they do; scale only works if they share specific traits with the character/species unless they're unique. Cartoons like Bugs Bunny is quite different, the entire premise is rule of funny so literally anyone have Toon Force.

Antoniofer said:
Cartoons like Bugs Bunny is quite different, the entire premise is rule of funny so literally anyone have Toon Force.
So where does that leave us? Is Bugs scaling to Mid-Godly regen ok or not?

To give another example, some days ago I found an ep of The Fairly OddParents! with a running gag of human characters getting angry and blowing up, not showing nothing at all of their bodies, with them appearing fine afterwards. This happened to 4 characters but it also happened something similar to 2 characters; They got angry, they exploded, but their bodies didn't disappear.

We take off-screen regen feats just as long as the characters show other in-screen regen feats, and the 2 characters who blew up but survive their own explosions just so happen to have the most consistent regen feats in the verse. So, should they scale?

Take consistence into account, normal people in FOD do not regen from nothing, they have ran the risk to be killed multiple times; and considering that two people suffered the same without suffering damage is simply that they simply didn't show them.

I'm pretty sure one of them also came back from being reduced to ashes but, focusing on this issue as a whole; would you propose a note or comment about this on the Toon Force page?

If it would depend of me I'll grant Toon Force to characters that are an "anomaly" within the verse (like the Mask, 5th Dimensional beings from DC, maybe Uncle Granpa), and not those that are part of a cartoony serie. In fact, I wouldn't allow profiles from these series, but that is opinion.

Note: Just because toonforce may be prevalent in a given verse does not mean that all its users share the same abilities. Just like any other system of power such as Magic, unless these characters have these powers directly as a result of a certain status they share, they should only be given abilities that they have demonstrated themselves with these abilities.

Someone can opine on rewording that a bit if they want, but I don't think we should really scale Mid-Godly like that.

That seems pretty good.

As a side note, congratulations for your new position on the wiki, Woki :)

So should I edit the note into the power, or do we need more approval or what?

Removing Mid-Godly from bugs seems agreed on though.

Bugs was erased from his Immersion ( I do remember he used Immersion kill a computer virus in a computer) in Loony Toons Show episode where Daffy was the animator from a computer. Noted, he was redrawn but in the ending, he was deleted from a computer crash, he still came back. There used to be a video on youtube with the complete episode but it was deleted

Though, it is new looney tunes Season 2 episode 24.

So, Bugs's case might scaled on a case by case basis.

Eficiente said:
You may want to show a link to that ep.
The problems is that the episode links ishard to find and I only manage to get the title of the episode from a wiki. I wil see what I can do later, whether get the wiki link citation or research harder for the link, @Eficiente.

Can you Link which show it is on the wiki exactly? I may have the episode and could try and get video.

But I definitely agree Mid godly is a big no without actually showcasing. Scaling is a big no no here

Anyone ever figure out the episode? If not. I think it should be removed from his page for now until we have proof ha actually had this level of Regen.

https://**********.to/Cartoon/Wabbit-A-Looney-Tunes-Production-Season-2/Episode-24?id=80618&s=gp

It should be there, I can't even watch the ep in the current computer I'm using, so I can't judge if the feat is legit or not. If I had my old computer I would willingly make a gif of it.

Buttersamuri said:
So. Can we get the Regen removed? The episode didn't show anything that I saw that suggest That level of Rege
Regenerationn was already removed a long time. I just can't found the evidences for which episode as I think the wiki are unreliable. I don't mind the thread closure, in any case.

Regenerationn was already removed a long time. I just can't found the evidences for which episode as I think the wiki are unreliable. I don't mind the thread closure, in any case.

On Bugs Page I'm still reading Mid Godly Regen via Scaling.

I found the episode: https://**********.to/Cartoon/Wabbit-A-Looney-Tunes-Production-Season-2/Episode-22?id=80527.

The computer didn't crash but he was deleted.

Gotta object there.

For one. We have no idea how he is brought back. daffy could have easily brought him back. And is more likely. We shouldn't assume otherwise

Two. Being thrown in the trash doesn't delete. It's being put on a different part of the computer, you have to empty your trash to actually delete. Else you can always go inside your trash and pull anything out as it still exist. It's not till you empty it till tier could be considered deletion. So Bugs would still exist. He just exists somewhere else on the computer.

I agree with Butter there, some character in Danny Phantom has a similar feat rejected iirc.

Also I would still appreciate an update on the Toon Force page.

Eficiente said:
I agree with Butter there, some character in Danny Phantom has a similar feat rejected iirc.
I made the changes since it was agreed by the evaluating staffs earlier.

I think the note was accepted earlier by the evaluating staffs like @Dargoo. I made some improvements; what you think guys?

Note
While Toon Force may be prevalent in a given verse, it does not mean that all its users share the same abilities. Just like any other system of power such as Magic, unless these characters have these powers directly as a result of a certain status they share, they should only be given abilities that they have demonstrated themselves with these abilities.

Yeah, Toon Force should generally be explained, and the feats should be fairly consistent for it to be legit. Of course Pinkie Pie's Toon Force would apply to her given it's a legit magical power. But random gags that come out of nowhere might just be throw away jokes. That being said, some characters who are legitimately tough who demonstrate feats such as causing a nuclear explosion visible in outer space followed by an after effect showing should be a legit feat. But I wouldn't call a fodder civilian who just got injured screaming so loud the entire world could here it a Tier feat.

@DarkDragonMedeus, I agree. @DarkDragonMedeus, do you think a note is fine or it is not needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back