• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Do Endermen really teleport?

Do they actually? I apologize for the low quality. If you slow it down, it shows that all they're doing is just moving really fast, not teleporting. This also proves my point more. Is this a game mechanic? Because if Endermen dodging arrows isn't, this should be looked at as well.

If this is accepted, then stuff like phasing for the Endermen should added as well, seeing as how they can go through blocks. I also dislike how they added "dimensional travel through teleportation" when an Enderman's limit of "teleportation" is 32 blocks , or 32 meters.

Also, say this is accepted. Let's say they can go 32 blocks in half a second. That would roughly be equal to 64 m/s, or just plainly subsonic, if I'm correct.

Edit: MatPat somehow calculated it to be 183.75 m/s, or subsonic+, if I'm not wrong.

Maybe it's part of the code on how their teleportation ability works, but it's cool to see the idea.

We rarely use MatPat as a reliable source for calcs. Also, just because the Teleportation has a limited range doesn't mean it isn't Teleportation.

Ocram's razor.

which of this two requires more assuptions ?

>The teleporting animation just looks weird

>The endermans have the ability to walk on air, climb up surfaces and pass trought matter, but only in short burst.

The correct one is the one that required less assuptions.

Also their teleporting ability is what allows them to go in the regular world and the nether.

That doesn't explain why they "walk" when they "teleport" and that they actually can and will teleport downwards and upwards.

Don't forget it isn't short bursts. Spawn an Enderman in the ocean, and it will continuously "teleport" until it finds land.

Game mechanics is a thing. They coded it to do that, it's clearly representative of a teleport.

Yeah? They coded a part of their game? Don't see how that's relevant?

Game mechanics are only thrown out when they're contradictory. Teleporting to dodge arrows contradicts literally nothing.

Back