• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DMC Ability Removals [Part 4]

Deagonx

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Okay, time to tackle the other Demon World Resistances in the Demon Physiology page

The scans are very dense, but Ill try to summarize. A man hears a screeching voice cry out "Dante," and then the sky goes dark despite it being nearly dawn. Then he is beset by shadowy demons and hacked to death. Later, Tony hears the same thing (intentionally wanting to face these shadowy demons) and uses his guns to shoot some of them, which results in them screaming.

None of this appears to be an illusion (the shadowy figures are real and can be shot with guns), nor is any of it seemingly being connected to being close to the Demon World, having now read the pertinent chapters. It's also not clear why demon's would resist this. As far as statistics reduction, Tony feels that the air becomes thick and dense and it's physically difficult to move through. I'm not sure this is statistics reduction so much as it is atmospheric pressure in the Demon World. That wouldn't mean demons are resisting it, they are likely just strong enough to ignore it, generally speaking.

The first scan says "The Demon World can warp the minds of men and stop the hands of time. In the time between seconds, reality is not what it seems. The dark forces can bend passages that once led to real destinations into circles of infinite confusion." It then describes a location in the game that has become sort of labrynthian, and what you need to do to get through. I don't think this is direct "mind manipulation" as the manner in which its described as "warping the minds of men" is directly affixed to this maze situation, and there's no indication that demons resist it.

As for possession, this is just another Beastheads thing. Beastheads are a tool to convert human souls into magical energy. It doesn't work on demons because it isn't meant to. I probably could've removed this along with "supernatural willpower" since its based on the same reasoning and that passed, but here it is now in any case.

This is the a greater degree of the "statistics manipulation" scan earlier, where the environmental effect of the Demon World makes humans feel sick and physically weak due to the air being dense. It eventually subsides, but in any case this wouldn't grant a broad resistance to "disease manipulation" and I'm not sure that's even what's happening here. Demons being immune to a specific illness doesn't mean they have resistance to disease manip, the same way a disease that only affects dogs and not humans isn't proof that humans have resistance to disease manipulation.

This is Tony collapsing from exhaustion after fighting through hordes of demons. He doesn't actually fall asleep, he briefly closes his eyes and remembers Jessica, and then keeps moving forward. There's not an automatic sleep effect on humans in the DW.

Also this from "mid tier demon resistances:"

Resistance to Clairvoyance: Via being resistant to the abilities of the low tier demons.
This doesn't really make any sense. Chen had a window with which he could view what was going on in other places. This was said to be a lower level ability, but I don't even understand what "resistance to clairvoyance" would mean or why every mid tier demon would have it. Chen could keep his eye on the Beastheads which was a high tier demon, so it's not like powerful demons just have some sort of automatic clairvoyance-blocking aura.

how many parts will this be?
I genuinely have no idea. Basically my process is going down the Demon Physiology page, looking at the abilities and their justifications, and grabbing ones that are not logical. Then, once I have enough that I think grabbing any more would make a thread too long (depending on the ability, how complicated it's justification is, how likely I am to get push back), I stop.

As for how many are left and how many threads getting to all of them will take, I genuinely don't know. What I will say is that it's not a small number, you can't get through more than a couple abilities on these pages without tripping on one that doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

The first scan says "The Demon World can warp the minds of men and stop the hands of time. In the time between seconds, reality is not what it seems. The dark forces can bend passages that once led to real destinations into circles of infinite confusion." It then describes a location in the game that has become sort of labrynthian, and what you need to do to get through. I don't think this is direct "mind manipulation" as the manner in which its described as "warping the minds of men" is directly affixed to this maze situation, and there's no indication that demons resist it.
Well, i think it is not a stretch to think this is mind hax, but i can understand your point. Personally i think this is Perception hax, since based on the context, we can interpreting this as the Demon World warp the mind of men to make them see the wrong thing thus leading into circlr of infinite confusion. Sometime mind can be used metaphorically to describe perception

About resisting part, since Demons are natural inhabitants of Demon Realm, they should be unaffected by it effects, no??

Well, i think it is not a stretch to think this is mind hax, but i can understand your point. Personally i think this is Perception hax, since based on the context, we can interpreting this as the Demon World warp the mind of men to make them see the wrong thing thus leading into circlr of infinite confusion. Sometime mind can be used metaphorically to describe perception

About resisting part, since Demons are natural inhabitants of Demon Realm, they should be unaffected by it effects, no??
It sounds more like it's physically rearranging the place, IMO.

Not necessarily how that works, no. Rather than an effect that affects everyone there but demons just resist, it's more likely to be an effect upon non-demons only. If a realm was inhabited by demons and it was described to have an effect that reduced the strength of angels that enter it, this would just be an anti-angel effect without any further context, not a general principal that affects everyone but that the demons just so happen to resist.

Back