• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Divine Creator(Marvel Comics) Profile

What are the chances that it will be Current Marvel 0?
Based on what he’s told me in the past, Divine Creator fits the qualifications of Tier 0 and based on what Goofy just posted Ultima seems to approve of that.
I also have additional suggestions which will probably become a later CRT after the profiles are made down the line based on stuff that happened in Spider Man Annual 1999

The only thing Ultima and I disagree on is whether to give Strange a “Shamballa” key in his profile. I would like that, but he finds it unecessary.

Divine Creator/The Dreamer - 0
Oblivion - High 1-A+
Maya/Clieto/Eternity - High 1-A+
Lords of Shamballa - High 1-A
The Scrier - High 1-A
Franklin Richards and Job Burke - High 1-A/High 1-A+
Fallen Stars - High 1-A
Staff/Book/Nexus - High 1-A
Adam Ka'dmon is kind of where things either go awry or more people end up 0. Spider-Man Annual 1999 describes Ka'dmon as being an existence akin to the Divine Creator, and that whomever is a threat to Adam Ka'dmon is also a threat The Divine Creator hirself in equal measure.

Adam Ka'dmon is kind of where things either go awry or more people end up 0. Spider-Man Annual 1999 describes Ka'dmon as being an existence akin to the Divine Creator, and that whomever is a threat to Adam Ka'dmon is also a threat The Divine Creator hirself in equal measure.
I wouldn't actually take that statement at face value. If so then that seems like an anti-feat. If the idea is “identity” dissolves into the oneness of the Creator then there shouldn't be another part akin to it other than itself. The statement just said “perhaps” so I wouldn't count it.

I wouldn't actually take that statement at face value. If so then that seems like an anti-feat. If the idea is “identity” dissolves into the oneness of the Creator then there shouldn't be another part akin to it other than itself. The statement just said “perhaps” so I wouldn't count it.
Like this affects a lot

Bump. Fair enough. He is still noted to be, alongside Cleito, the male and female version of The Divine Creator though, so that's pretty noteworthy

Now that the Tiering Revisions are on the verge of being applied and the floodgates will be opened alarmingly soon, do you need any help getting scans for any of the feats / statements, or do you have essentially everything you need ?

Bump. Fair enough. He is still noted to be, alongside Cleito, the male and female version of The Divine Creator though, so that's pretty noteworthy
Yes, everything in the end is an aspect of God.
Now that the Tiering Revisions are on the verge of being applied and the floodgates will be opened alarmingly soon, do you need any help getting scans for any of the feats / statements, or do you have essentially everything you need ?
No, but I do like it if someone else made a sandbox.

Well, you can do the forum thread first, link it to me, then I'll use whatever information you provide on the forum thread to make the sandboxes. That way when you do your thread and it gets accepted, all we'd need to do is just C&P the profiles. Or just send me whatever information you gave to Ultima to evaluate your reasoning on the tiers of each of them, and I can make the Sandboxes that way. Regardless of which option we go with I'm still going to go ahead and reread the material, and start to make the sandboxes myself based on what I've uncovered from reading this material for almost 2-3 years, and then once I'm provided the information I'll edit it accordingly

Well, you can do the forum thread first, link it to me, then I'll use whatever information you provide on the forum thread to make the sandboxes. That way when you do your thread and it gets accepted, all we'd need to do is just C&P the profiles. Or just send me whatever information you gave to Ultima to evaluate your reasoning on the tiers of each of them, and I can make the Sandboxes that way. Regardless of which option we go with I'm still going to go ahead and reread the material, and start to make the sandboxes myself based on what I've uncovered from reading this material for almost 2-3 years, and then once I'm provided the information I'll edit it accordingly
Sounds good. Though Ultima trusts me with his life on these types of threads. Glad to know that the “thread” would be accepted.

I was in a rush and couldn't do a sandbox but here:

Sounds good. Though Ultima trusts me with his life on these types of threads. Glad to know that the “thread” would be accepted.
the-undertaker-waking-up-from-coffin-wrestlemania-aq1cczcmc5q0ge2n.gif

I meant a tally for which staff members here that think what so far. 🙏
It's 4-1 and Q doesn't even have a problem if outvoted. If you want to be safe then retag them to offer their reason. If not then the consensus of the mods agrees to the CRT and everyone else in this thread.

Much needed clarification: is this thread strictly intended to separate the Divine Creator from The One Above All, or DeMatteis cosmology as a whole?

Because on one hand, you're certainly implying that this thread is only intended for the former:
This is just to set up a profile for the Divine Creator. The list of feat as well as the character background will be saved for a sandbox which I will pin point in a later thread.
But on the other hand, in the follow-up thread, you make the blanket statement that DeMatteis cosmology is inconsistent, but you don't actually elaborate on it as if it's an already accepted premise:
As some of you may understand I have been advocating with Ultima after this tiering system revision was being applied that DeMatteis's story isn't very congruent with the main Cosmology. While authors like Hickman, Ewing, and many others seem to at least follow a certain contunity with their storytelling by incorporating the works of others, that can't really be said for DeMatteis. J.M. DeMatteis usually always writes his story specific to his belief and on story that focuses on “Creation” does it really show.
That aside, the OP can be summed up to: "The Divine Creator is depicted as "God" himself, while The One Above All is portrayed as being encompassed by "God's" shadow, therefore they're different."

That sounds like a reasonable basis for de-compositing just these 2 characters, however, if this alone is the basis for splitting the entire cosmology, I consider it insufficient personally.
I meant a tally for which staff members here that think what so far. 🙏
The tally is:

Agree​

Antvasima

Elizio33

Firestorm808 (Agrees with whatever the consensus is)​

Disagree​

Qawsedf234

Much needed clarification: is this thread strictly intended to separate the Divine Creator from The One Above All, or DeMatteis cosmology as a whole?
The thread's purpose is highlighted in the title. This CRT itself is just for a Divine Creator profile creation.
Because on one hand, you're certainly implying that this thread is only intended for the former:

But on the other hand, in the follow-up thread, you make the blanket statement that DeMatteis cosmology is inconsistent, but you don't actually elaborate on it as if it's an already accepted premise:
I didn't even mention this. The people kept asking how DeMatteis’s Cosmology even works with the larger main continuity. If you read it carefully I even asked what people's thoughts are about a Cosmology split. They seem to largely favor it.
That aside, the OP can be summed up to: "The Divine Creator is depicted as "God" himself, while The One Above All is portrayed as being encompassed by "God's" shadow, therefore they're different."
More so, the Divine Creator is a personal God character to DeMatteis never went beyond anything in his story. However, the reason given should be enough already.

I share the same sentiments as Qawsed and don’t see a good enough reason for the split.
The One Above All sits at the apex of the Assiyah hierarchy and is limited to that space within the Four World Cosmology. He is not infinite, ineffable, all-knowing, or the true essence of the entirety of Existence.

The Divine Creator is J.M. DeMatteis's equivalent of the “Parabrahman” an ultimate Oneness that underlines duality, that contains existence and non-existence, and that all of Existence is nothing but a thought in hir divine mind.

Even both interpretations of the “Primordial Man” are different and do not follow anything with each other other than being the first image of man where God makes the world from. Even then Ultima had said Divine Creator would get 0 but Defenders: Beyond contradicts the notion that the One Above All is at the top yet Divine Creator would get 0 at the same time. Unless Ewing ever mentions his Marvel “Godhead” he talks about at the end of the infinite journey of the Mystery then they are not the same thing. Also, Defenders is Kabbalah, and Matteis's story is more Hindu-based just to add some more incentive as to why they share fewer similarities.

Back