• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Retired
Exactly what it says on the title.

Ditto has enough time to transform.

Sans dunks you
Guess you like doing things the hard way.

vs.
132 Ditto AG Shiny

Kazuma kuwabara said:
Sans via doing bad puns.Ditto will laugh,so his transformation disappear and then,Sans one shot
...Doesn't sans oneshot anyway? jk. Either one sans is gong to leave sans a sans.

Hmm, I'm going to give this to Ditto Sans. When Ditto transforms, his health still stays the same as it would when it was just regular Ditto, so he'll have the health advantage. Since Sans only has 1 HP, Ditto can just toss him once from his SOUL, or bone him, and it'll be over.

Kazuma kuwabara said:
Sans via doing bad puns.Ditto will laugh,so his transformation disappear and then,Sans one shot
I believe there's a problem with that strat. From Sans's own page: Weaknesses: Incredibly lazy, Won't fight unless absolutely necessary (only fought in the genocide route, where he believes you to be a threat to all other timelines). Weak against murder intentions.

Key point being he won't fight unless absolutely necessary, which is when he believed his opponent to be a threat to all other timelines. By necessity, this is likely a very serious Sans, unless we have reason to believe he starts otherwise.

So name me one time Sans does comedy in his Genocide Route boss fight that he's likely to do in this state, against his opponent, & that Ditto will be able to understand & amused by, enough so to break its own transformation from laughing.

Especially if we assume Sans doesn't know of that weakness to begin with.

Unrelatedly: OP says Ditto has time to transform. I assume this is before the fight starts. So Sans wouldn't have an opportunity to attack during this period, right? Also relevant to pre-transformation is if Ditto has either of Metal Powder &/or Quick Powder.

KingZekrom15 said:
Hmm, I'm going to give this to Ditto Sans. When Ditto transforms, his health still stays the same as it would when it was just regular Ditto, so he'll have the health advantage. Since Sans only has 1 HP, Ditto can just toss him once from his SOUL, or bone him, and it'll be over.
Sans only having one HP is gameplay mechanics. here he's wall level.

Ditto would also have the same durability of what it's fighting so their both wall level.

Hmm, then I'm gonna change my vote to inconclusive. We'd have to assume Sans and Ditto are bloodlusted, so they'll both be actively killing each other. Since they'll pretty much have the same abilities and stats, it'll probably come down to "Who hits who" first then.

Though I still need to ask, does Ditto have any of his powders? Mainly the metal powder.

The Wright Way said:
If it's not something Ditto would have on him normally then he doesn't have it.
Metal Powder & Quick Powder are in Standard Equipment in Ditto's profile (Although the effect of Metal Powder is described very incorrectly.), & wild Ditto randomly can have one of either kind of powder. They sometimes don't have either, though; "Normally", Wild Ditto have been known to hold Metal/Quick Powder.

Going by game mechanics, Quick Powder is the more common of the 2.

That said, the difference it makes is questionable; Again, going by game mechanics, neither actually affects Ditto's statistics AFTER it Transforms. So there might be only a few hits at most that Metal Powder influences the damage of. Also, that's ignoring the OP stating Ditto has time to Transform, so it may not influence the damage of ANY hits.

Even if Ditto transform in Sans, the original Sans should be able to use better his powers right?.

Therefir said:
Even if Ditto transform in Sans, the original Sans should be able to use better his powers right?.
ditto could use the powers of other pokemon just fine

its a win for who attacks first, as sans can be one hit koed by himself

If Ditto doesn't Metal powder and/or Quick Powder, does /PP/ factor in and make him only able to use Sans moves for a limited time?

Marcman2020 said:
If Ditto doesn't Metal powder and/or Quick Powder, does /PP/ factor in and make him only able to use Sans moves for a limited time?
verse equalization makes hi powers as dorable as sanses

also, changing my vote to sans cuz ditto is less likely to use blue magic then sans and sans is smart enough to use it as fast as possible. if it becomes of attiration sans hits them with danmaku while theyre sleeping

a

The thing about Ditto is that nothing suggests he acquires the skill and experience, only the abilities therefore he is in a permanent disadvantage against a copied opponent because the latter has more experience with them.

AguilaR101 said:
The thing about Ditto is that nothing suggests he acquires the skill and experience, only the abilities therefore he is in a permanent disadvantage against a copied opponent because the latter has more experience with them.
I'm sure Ditto knows how to attack, which is all he really needs to do to beat Sans.

Rockblaster8 said:
I'm sure Ditto knows how to attack, which is all he really needs to do to beat Sans.
but sans can teletrasport both himself and ditto, and hed easly hit ditto via danmaku, which is technique and not move

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Rockblaster8 said:
but sans can teletrasport both himself and ditto, and hed easly hit ditto via danmaku, which is technique and not move
When Ditto transforms he acquires all of the enemies techniques and powers. He might not be able to use them as well, but as seen in the manga, anime, and if you want to include it, game, Ditto is more then capable of landing at least one hit on Sans. Also, what's to say that Ditto can't transport Sans and hit him with Danmaku? Also what does it matter if it's a technique and not a move. When ditto becomes a Pokemon he becomes a literal copy. It also has to have at least some knowledge of how to use the move/technique otherwise yelling "Use flamethrower!", when it transforms into a Pokemon with said move wouldn't work at all. Also, Sans could barely hurt Ditto since Ditto isn't evil at all.

Honestly, I'm going inconclusive on this. It's literally Sans vs Sans, it's hard to tell. If I had to choose though, despite my words above, I'm going with Sans. Mainly because, Ditto is transforming into Sans, and Sans knows better then anyone how to beat Sans. Combine this with fighting Multiversal beings and boom. The problem is, is that when Ditto transforms into a Pokemon it acquires the moves and abilities of that Pokemon. You could almost say it acquires the "perks" or "skills" of that Pokemon. Honestly, this is a battle on whether or not Ditto really transforms into Sans or not.

Rockblaster8 said:
When Ditto transforms he acquires all of the enemies techniques and powers. He might not be able to use them as well, but as seen in the manga, anime, and if you want to include it, game, Ditto is more then capable of landing at least one hit on Sans. Also, what's to say that Ditto can't transport Sans and hit him with Danmaku? Also what does it matter if it's a technique and not a move. When ditto becomes a Pokemon he becomes a literal copy. It also has to have at least some knowledge of how to use the move/technique otherwise yelling "Use flamethrower!", when it transforms into a Pokemon with said move wouldn't work at all. Also, Sans could barely hurt Ditto since Ditto isn't evil at all.
no, any proof of getting technique as well? because it never got all itsknowlege and honestly, its inteligence is too low to make a go odplan

@Ricsi-viragosi

It doesn't really matter if it gets technique. It's not like Sans has godly techniques or anything. His attacks literally just him throwing bones at you, him throwing you at bones, and then dragon things attacking you. Besides, Ditto gets his stats + keeps his hp, so as long as Ditto knows how to attack, which he does, he's good.

Rockblaster8 said:
@Ricsi-viragosi
It doesn't really matter if it gets technique. It's not like Sans has godly techniques or anything. His attacks literally just him throwing bones at you, him throwing you at bones, and then dragon things attacking you. Besides, Ditto gets his stats + keeps his hp, so as long as Ditto knows how to attack, which he does, he's good.
no, he starts of with throwingyou down into the earth and goes on with danmaku, thats much better anything ditto can do, and ditto aint tanking attacks that kill multiversals

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Rockblaster8 said:
@Ricsi-viragosi
no, he starts of with throwingyou down into the earth and goes on with danmaku, thats much better anything ditto can do, and ditto aint tanking attacks that kill multiversals
Dude, what don't you understand about something called karmic retribution. His damage is literally dependant on the sins you've committed, and as I explained earlier, Ditto doesn't committ much, if any. Also, why are you applying his game here? This is a Vs. battle. So why would you think he's going to start off with his strongest attack first, when Ditto will see that, do exactly the same to Sans, and one shot him. If Sans really is as smart as you make him out to be, then there's no way he's doing what you described.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
give me proof, burden of proof is on you.
because thats his standard attack
Dude, this is not his fight vs Frisk. He's fighting an enemy he's knows nothing about. There's NO reason to believe he'd start off with that EXACT same attack in a fight. By your logic, he'd start off with the same attack EVERY fight. Which is absurd to believe. I think you're imagining the fight vs Sans ingame, and just replacing Chara with Ditto. Which is not something you should do. This isn't a game; it's a vs battle, and we have no reason to believe that he'd use that attack first, so why would we do it?

Rockblaster8 said:
Dude, this is not his fight vs Frisk. He's fighting an enemy he's knows nothing about. There's NO reason to believe he'd start off with that EXACT same attack in a fight. By your logic, he'd start off with the same attack EVERY fight. Which is absurd to believe. I think you're imagining the fight vs Sans ingame, and just replacing Chara with Ditto. Which is not something you should do. This isn't a game; it's a vs battle, and we have no reason to believe that he'd use that attack first, so why would we do it?
he starts of with the same attack every time he beats you, and he openly questions why peapole dont use theyre strongest attacks first, which means that he wouldent do that

Well ditto pretty much (after he transforms) is just sans. And if his trainer leveled him up (or was a bad boi and went for IV's) he would have more health. Which means that he beats Sans.

Sans with more defense > Sans

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Rockblaster8 said:
he starts of with the same attack every time he beats you, and he openly questions why peapole dont use theyre strongest attacks first, which means that he wouldent do that
Did you not read my comment? He started off with that attack because it worked. He had long since came up with a strategy to fight Frisk. He's just put into a vs battle vs Ditto, so starting off with his strongest attack could very well be the death of him. Once again, there's no reason to assume he'd do it, and as such, you can't use it as an argument just because he used it against Frisk. Your argument is that if he used it again Frisk, he'll use it against anyone. I hope I don't have to explain the flaws in your logic.

Drjeanstory said:
Well ditto pretty much (after he transforms) is just sans. And if his trainer leveled him up (or was a bad boi and went for IV's) he would have more health. Which means that he beats Sans.
Sans with more defense > Sans
sans attacks healt, ditto doesent get inteligence , jut powers

Lately, I've given this match some more thought. I mean, how could I not? Still following, & the arguing has given me lots of alerts that I visit the thread so as to clear the alerts. So of course I've had this matchup on the mind a lot.

(Some UT spoilers follow, for the sake of explanation, debate & consideration, of course, lol.)

So I decided to try & break it down step by step:

1. Sans, as his profile says, doesn't fight unless absolutely necessary. Excluding a dummied out fake, friendly fight with Frisk (Which is where "Song That Might Play When You Fight Sans " is from.), Sans never fights outside of the Genocide Boss Battles. He's usually a lazy, pun-making goofball, canonically described in his CHECK as THE weakest monsters -skilled despite his frailty, low power per individual hits, & has good complimenting abilities, though- there is.

When he is fought in the Genocide Boss Battle, Chara-possessed-Frisk has killed nearly everyone. If my memory serves, the exceptions are Sans (Duh.), Asgore, & Flowey. Notably, CpK had killed Sans's own brother. At the time, Sans wants to defeat Chara, or keep them held off, trapped in battle forever.

Standard Battle Assumptions states that: State of mind: In character, but willing to kill. The characters will employ their usual battle strategies, including flaws such as being casual, however, must be willing to kill the opponent even if they usually won't. Even if they aren't specified as Bloodlusted, which is different from merely "willing to kill". So there's 2 interpretations, IMHO:

1-A. Sans being willing to kill requires him being in the state of mind he was in when trying to stop CpK, who had also killed Sans's brother Papyrus, from killing everyone else, reaching full power & destroying all timelines.

B. Sans is still In-Character & his usual, goofy self, just willing to murder. SBA says "including flaws like being casual" after all.

As far as I know, though, VSB subscribes to A., however.

2. The OP said "Ditto has enough time to transform.". As we know from SBA, Ditto is willing to kill here. Since Ditto is willing to kill Sans, & its usual first action in combat is to use Transform, presumably it will use Transform first thing, & have time to do so, as OP specified. Heck, if this Ditto has Impostor instead of or in addition to Limber, it'll presumably Transform at least upon becoming aware of & hostile to Sans.

Presumably, this happens before combat begins, to prevent this just being a "Hostile Sans snipes an innocent, non-hostile Ditto that hasn't yet gotten the whim to attack Sans, match ends in the blink of an eye" situation.

3. Metal Powder & Quick Powder are probably pointless here. They boost Ditto's defenses & speed, respectively, & while it might have 1, none, or dare I say, even both, neither is relevant. Ditto has time to Transform for this fight, & neither do anything AFTER Ditto has Transformed.

4. I have no idea what our stance on Transform keeping the user's HP. (Technically, Ditto isn't the only user. Mew is, also.) Technically, Shedinja which has a Max HP of 1 no matter what in gameplay, has:

Durability: Unknow (Can easily be defeated by any attack that can actually hit it). Intangibility and Wonder Guard makes it hard to kill.

So if we take that stance here, I'm unsure what we do about Ditto's HP remaining its own after Transforming, & if so, what stance we take on that here about how that would translate to a VsBattle, since Ditto's HP isn't 1; It can be over 10 at Level 1, to as high as exactly 300 hundred at Level 100, with optimal stats. So how would we treat that?

4A: Ditto turned into Sans, & uses its own HP, whatever aspect of a VsBattle that represents? This would revise so many matches & contradict so many stances & so much reason, I feel I should mention it only to dismiss it.

4B: Ditto turned into Sans, & uses its own HP, so applying Game Mechanics & applying SBA's "Strongest canon version of the character" assumption rule to that, Sans has 1 HP in Game Mechanics, & Ditto has 300 HP at its strongest, Ditto has 300 times the whatever-HP-represents-in-a-VsBattle of Sans. What. Applying Game Mechanics to canon like this is silly, so I doubt this is valid either.

4C: HP represents Stamina. At least one or more of: How much energy it has to spend on doing things, staying alive, etc. This seems more reasonable, but still seems like translating Game Mechanics to VsBattles statistics, Shedinja's odd precedent/exception aside.

4D: We ignore the "Ditto keeps its own HP-related-qualities after Transforming". This is much simpler. How accurate it is, however, is up for debate, IMHO, but I don't deny it could be correct.

5. Notably, Ditto's Pokedex entries state:

Gold It can transform into anything. When it sleeps, it changes into a stone to avoid being attacked.
Silver Its transformation ability is perfect. However, if it is made to laugh, it can't maintain its disguise.
The 1st entry tells us that Ditto still needs to rest to replenish its OWN energy, while still a stone. Admittedly, a stone may not have stamina, but it suggests that Ditto may still only have its own Stamina while in other forms.

The 2nd entry tells us that even in other forms, it still maintains what could be a weakness of physiology or mental ability: Failing to maintain its Transformation. I would question the notion of there NOT being an element of stamina in maintaining a form while trying not to laugh, whether it's trying to keep your body, or your mind in control.

This ties into point 4 in an annoying way. Does Ditto uses its own Stamina value? Does the possible Game Mechanic of HP staying the same after Transformation's use tie into this?

Well, either way, we can presume it's 1 of Ditto's or Sans's stamina. I'm just not sure which. With this in mind, it's probably also reasonable, if not obvious to assume that Ditto still uses its own Intelligence ability.

So how do they match-up, if they aren't the same, even after Ditto Transforms? Quoting their profiles:

Ditto:

Stamina: Likely superHuman

Intelligence: Average

Sans:

Stamina: Very high, as he was able to repeatedly dodge blows from Chara/Frisk, though after a while, he showed obvious signs of tiring, such as sweating, heavier breathing, and eventually beginning to fall asleep.

Intelligence: Immensely high. While Sans is lazy, he's shown to be a genius, both in a tactical and scientific sense. If his workshop is any indication. He was also able to tell how many times he had killed Chara/Frisk simply by looking at their face.

Stamina might be more ambiguous, but Intelligence is more clear (Duh!) in this comparison that Sans's statistic is higher. 6. With all this in mind, Ditto probably does not know much Sans's techniques. Although, I'd guess like any hostile Pokemon, & especially 1 that's just Transformed into a new, unknown-to-it form, it'd see what it can do, & experiment, & learn from that.

But OP only said Ditto has time to Transform. Not to experiment & learn. And SBA states Ditto is willing to kill Sans & vice-versa.

So we can guess how the battle begins:

Ditto-Sans doesn't know Sans's powers, so it probably also doesn't know what it's about to use, nor which to use 1st. But it has time to Transform, so it at least had time to do that.

AFTER the Transformation, presumably, the free-time is over, & they have equal reactions. I don't know if Sans is considered a 1-hit-wonder, & I don't know if Ditto-Sans is a 1-hit-wonder either.

Ditto, trying to figure the new form out, uses a random attack. Sans, being willing to kill his new doppleganger, either before or after the 1st attack, uses his own attack. His dialogue indicates he starts with his strongest attacks... but then again, that was in a fight against someone about to destroy all the timelines, who Sans hated for killing his brother, etc.

So maybe he starts full-force, maybe he doesn't. Either way, Ditto has Sans's reaction speed, presumably, so it should notice the attack: It noticed Sans, Transformed, then the fight begun, so its attention should still be on him.

Ditto dodges, or attempts to. If it doesn't dodge, be it by choice or failure to successfully do so, & Ditto-Sans is a 1-hit-wonder, it loses, presumably, since Soul Magic ignores durability. (Does it ignore the durability of Sans, or Ditto Transformed into Sans?)

During experimentation, attempts to dodge, or out of desperation to dodge, it might learn to Teleport.

If Ditto attacks, Sans might dodge, or he might Teleport as well, which Ditto might learn to copy through observation, seeing as it should recognize that the thing it just turned into did something it could assume it could do.

It's also possible Sans could start by Teleporting behind Ditto. ("Nothing personal, kid?" ANYWAY....)

If Sans does get out of Ditto's field of view, such as via Teleportation, & ends up in a position where he still knows where to send his attacks, this causes problems for Ditto: Even if it figures out to Teleport, it still has to know where to aim its attacks.

This is even more trouble if Ditto-Sans is a 1-hit wonder. Sans could have a similar issue, but knowing better to Teleport, & being smarter, presumably in tactics, as long as he doesn't get lazy, he can probably get his aim back on Ditto faster than Ditto-Sans can do the same against him if Ditto-Sans was in such a position itself.

Does field of view even matter with Soul Magic? Does aim? If they do, with Teleportation involved, it becomes a contest of staying out of one another's sights, dodging, attacking & stamina.

Notably, if they are one-hit wonders, & Gravity Manipulation can guarantee a hit without aiming, & Sans started with that, that could win.

But this is as opposed to maybe his "strongest" attack, which might be a bunch of Gaster Blasters &/or Soul Bones or the like.

Sans wonders why folks don't always start with their strongest attacks, so would he use his typical strongest attack that Ditto might be able to dodge, or, seeing a duplicate of him, rather than think it might be some weird, stronger evil duplicate or such that might survive more hits, would the lazy skeleton put his intelligence to use & use Gravity Manipulation, which could kill a One-Hit-Wonder & is much harder to dodge?

(I mean, unless Ditto realized to try & use Gravity Manipulation as well combined with equal AP to try & neutralize or stop the attack.)

Of course, if they aren't OHWs, is Gravity Manipulation (Blue Mode) Soul Magic that ignores durability? Is it physically high enough to get past its own durability?

Both could also try using GM on each other to hold them in place while they use other attacks.

Ultimately, it seems to be a contest of skill & smarts. Staying out of each other's aim if possible, using powers effectively.

The problem is Ditto doesn't seem to start with knowledge of Sans's powers once it Transforms, even though it may have access to them. Using them is 1 thing. Knowing you have them is another, especially in a new & unknown form. It could certainly learn, but Sans probably wouldn't give it many windows of opportunity, even if it tried to do the same to him.

The only edge it might have is an ambiguous possible stamina difference: "Likely Superhuman" vs "Very High", which could help. But is it enough to overcome Sans?

Sans spent a lot of time using his strongest attacks fighting a very strong, & much more durable -but not faster- opponent? Admittedly, he shows very clear signs of tiring, & falls asleep, even despite spending some time only doing nothing -arguably a rest period- before he falls asleep, & then dodges again while supposedly asleep.

Pokemon Battles may be intense. Are they taxing enough to say that Ditto has the better Stamina, if it didn't copy Sans's? Should it just have Sans's?

If there really is no difference between the 2's forms other than their minds, Sans may have this. In-character, he might goof off... or use his strongest attack at the start. But that strongest attack might also be something Ditto-Sans could dodge or Teleport away from.

It really depends on how fast Ditto learns the new powers & how to apply them, & how many Durability Negating Soul Magic attacks -or Gravity Manipulation attacks- Sans & Ditto-Sans can take before they die.

However, Sans is smarter, his profile states he's a genius in a tactical sense, & he's more experienced with his powers. If their forms really are equal except for their minds, Sans wins. Even without Sans's experience, Ditto having to figure out things & Sans not needing to means Ditto could suffer several opportunity costs if it doesn't focus while thinking during the fight.

If Ditto copies Sans's mind, which I doubt, then it might have a chance. However, it still has the weakness of having trouble maintaining its form if made to laugh. Sans shouldn't know about this, as per SBA -no prior knowledge of opponents- & in a fight, he's less likely to joke, so it probably shouldn't come up. If it does, it could lead to the vulnerability in battle that turns the fight in Sans's favor.

If Ditto's "HP" stays the same after Transforming -like Shedinja being a 1-Hit-Wonder on our Wiki, too- then, depending on which, & what Ditto keeping its own HP means, Ditto may have the better shot at winning.

....So, uh.... Yeah. I guess it depends on the answers to some of the above questions & how Transform works, lol. *shrugs*

Sorry about all the words, & I hope this reply helps, all.

we go with state of mind a as you have described it

ditoo being able to tranform doesent give ehim his technique, so ditto can only throw bones and fire lasers until he figures powers out

Ricsi-viragosi said:
1 This song is not in the game files kr is not karma, make a crt or leave
The song for the alternate Sans fight with the long name that was dummied out? Yes. I know that. I mentioned it as an example of how little Sans is shown to be willing to fight at all. One of the few songs made for a battle with him was cut from the game, or perhaps made after it to fool players into thinking he would fight. A joke instead of a fight.

The point of mentioning the song was to bring up a greater point that Sans normally, fights very little at all.

I don't know who mentioned Karma, but it wasn't me.

Lastly, please note the top of the message: "(Unfinished reply. Posting early to edit it, due to formatting issues.)"

I was nowhere near done making my arguments. It annoys me in a debate seeing someone respond to someone's arguments halfway through. That message told you I was editing, so I'd appreciate it if you let me finish editing in my arguments of that reply & my editing in of the full reply before you respond to that reply.

Just in case anyone was waiting for me to be done editing the message.... Done editing now, in case, anyone wanted to know.

Imaginym said:
....So, uh.... Yeah. I guess it depends on the answers to some of the above questions & how Transform works, lol. *shrugs*

Sorry about all the words, & I hope this reply helps, all.
dittos hp is useless, as it doesent affect soul

we go ith 4d

both are one hit here

ditto transformed gets its dura ignored,sans can tank attacks to the soul as if it was hes body

aiming is still needed

blue magic can hurt souls, so it bypasses dura

Back