• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mimicing The Mimic (The Mimic vs Ditto)

I’d go with Ditto here. The Mimic may be technically smarter, but it has no combat experience because it fights exclusively against enemies that are significantly weaker than itself. Ditto is hard wired for combat.

Ditto FRA.

Ditto would still lack the dismenbering animatronics experience of the mimic and nothing stops the mimic from learnig Ditto combat habilities trough the couse of the fight

This is a really hard one... mimic skill to dismantle animatronics and hability to learn Ditto combat skill, but Ditto does start with It's big skill advantage...

Well... immo type 2 will help mimic survive and keep fighting for considerable longer and mimic did in fact was able to take low damage from a fight against Roxy that has considerable similar AP(I think?) so mimic could be considered kinda of a brick wall I guess, It's skill to dismantle animatronics will help It do much more damage then the oposite

I think I will vote mimic, It just start fighting Ditto and dismantle It

Well... immo type 2 will help mimic survive and keep fighting for considerable longer and mimic did in fact was able to take low damage from a fight against Roxy that has considerable similar AP(I think?) so mimic could be considered kinda of a brick wall I guess, It's skill to dismantle animatronics will help It do much more damage then the oposite
The Ditto will also have the same type 2 immo so thats not gonna help. Profile says Mimic > Ruined Roxy so he was just stronger in that fight. And Ditto's actual combat experience should be > than The Mimic just being able to dismantle animatronics.

The Ditto will also have the same type 2 immo so thats not gonna help.
The immortality type 2 isn't gonna help ditto, not the mimic. the mimic mainly uses it's dismantling against animatronics with immortality type 2. it should expect ditto to survive.

The immortality type 2 isn't gonna help ditto, not the mimic. the mimic mainly uses it's dismantling against animatronics with immortality type 2. it should expect ditto to survive.
Then it cancels out like I said cause both have the same type 2 immo and can survive getting dismantled. And if Ditto does get dismantled while mimicking the mimic it can just reassemble itself by recombining its own cellular structure.

Trough It could be argued that sinse the mimic didn't tried to dismantle Roxy It's out of character to the mimic to dismantle the oponent when they have comparable AP

Trough It could be argued that sinse the mimic didn't tried to dismantle Roxy It's out of character to the mimic to dismantle the oponent when they have comparable AP
in all fairness, that was a very specific circumstance where it was focused on something else, so it probably didn't do that due to trying to get cassie.

in all fairness, that was a very specific circumstance where it was focused on something else, so it probably didn't do that due to trying to get cassie.
That's actually a argument against It being in character sinse if the mimic wanted to end the fight faster to go back to the chase he would dismantle Roxy that should be easier especially in a grapling fight like they where having

Changing vote to ditto thanks to mimic don't using his best tatic in character

That's actually a argument against It being in character sinse if the mimic wanted to end the fight faster to go back to the chase he would dismantle Roxy that should be easier especially in a grapling fight like they where having

Changing vote to ditto thanks to mimic don't using his best tatic in character
??? not sure how you jumped to that conclusion lol.

taking the time to dismantle Roxy like it is programmed to do would take more time than just quickly incapping Roxy because it knows it's on a time limit. makes zero sense for it to through with the longer option because it needs to get that done with fast.

??? not sure how you jumped to that conclusion lol.

taking the time to dismantle Roxy like it is programmed to do would take more time than just quickly incapping Roxy because it knows it's on a time limit. makes zero sense for it to through with the longer option because it needs to get that done with fast.
Easier to pull limbs out and trow away then beating Foxy up

Easier to pull limbs out and trow away then beating Foxy up
Yeah, easier when they aren't actively fighting back.

Punching a mfer in the face and shoving them aside is a lot easier and faster than dismantling an animatronic.

And even if you for whatever reason wann say it’s still ooc, literally every. Single. Other time it was attempting to kill something it has gone with dismemberment, it should be no different here when things like it’s plan to escape aren’t in the way of that.

Last edited:
That's... literaly ehat happe sin a fight? Especially here :V
yes... which is why it went with that... because it was trying to leave the basement...

in every other circumstance when it didn't have a time limit, it went for dismemberment. it went for regular punches because it was more time efficient and easier.

The Mimic isn't trapped anywhere here, and isn't in a rush to beat anyone to an exit. It has zero reason to not go for dismemberment unlike in the ruin DLC where it had all of that against it.

you could also argue it was plot-induced stupidity from the mimic, considering all of it's other showings it went for dismemberment except for the one time it might have needed to, or should have.

yes... which is why it went with that... because it was trying to leave the basement...

in every other circumstance when it didn't have a time limit, it went for dismemberment. it went for regular punches because it was more time efficient and easier.

The Mimic isn't trapped anywhere here, and isn't in a rush to beat anyone to an exit. It has zero reason to not go for dismemberment unlike in the ruin DLC where it had all of that against it.
You still said that the mimic would strugle to do It's pulling thing if the oponent is figtig back

You still said that the mimic would strugle to do It's pulling thing if the oponent is figtig back
I said it was easier, because of the circumstances it had against it. i never said struggle, (not sure where you got that from, beyond me saying it would be easier) i said it'd be easier to just punch Roxy and push them aside to run to the elevator rather than take the time to dismantle them while roxy was throwing punches and shoving The Mimic around.

It's really not that hard to connect the dots:

Mimic needs to get to the elevator before Cassie takes it and traps it down there.

Mimic is jumped by Roxy, Cassie runs for elevator.

Mimic assumably scuffles with Roxy before shoving her off itself, and persues Cassie to the elevator.

where exactly do you get 'won't use dismemberment normally' by using a situation which was out of it's normal situation?

I said it was easier, because of the circumstances it had against it. i never said struggle, (not sure where you got that from, beyond me saying it would be easier) i said it'd be easier to just punch Roxy and push them aside to run to the elevator rather than take the time to dismantle them while roxy was throwing punches and shoving The Mimic around.

It's really not that hard to connect the dots:

Mimic needs to get to the elevator before Cassie takes it and traps it down there.

Mimic is jumped by Roxy, Cassie runs for elevator.

Mimic assumably scuffles with Roxy before shoving her off itself, and persues Cassie to the elevator.

where exactly do you get 'won't use dismemberment normally' by using a situation which was out of it's normal situation?
Okay, let's reformulate, forget me saying It's out of character, would the mimic use his dismantling here?

Okay, let's reformulate, forget me saying It's out of character, would the mimic use his dismantling here?
as far as im aware, besides it's circumstances in ruin, it basically went with dismantling people as if they were animatronics.

unless im forgetting something, it should go for that regardless of ditto's form, even if it takes The Mimic's form.

as far as im aware, besides it's circumstances in ruin, it basically went with dismantling people as if they were animatronics.

unless im forgetting something, it should go for that regardless of ditto's form, even if it takes The Mimic's form.
I mean, wveryone else couldn't fight back, Roxy is the only that he could

I mean, wveryone else couldn't fight back, Roxy is the only that he could
While true, it's also the only situation where The Mimic arguably shouldn't do it, so it's a coin toss whether the Mimic did it because it doesn't do that in combat, or didn't do it because it was desperate to get to the elevator.

and it's no real way to confirm either. Since ya know, It's the mimic.

While true, it's also the only situation where The Mimic arguably shouldn't do it, so it's a coin toss whether the Mimic did it because it doesn't do that in combat, or didn't do it because it was desperate to get to the elevator.
That argument really don't make sense, mimic and roxy where fightig holding each other arms in a grapple, dismantling Roxy would be the fastest way to incapacitate her to keep goin sinse the mimic would just need to pull her limbs out, and considerig It was mimic only "fair fight" we need to take It as a rule to how mimic would fight a comparable oponent

That argument really don't make sense, mimic and roxy where fightig holding each other arms in a grapple, dismantling Roxy would be the fastest way to incapacitate her to keep goin sinse the mimic would just need to pull her limbs out, and considerig It was mimic only "fair fight" we need to take It as a rule to how mimic would fight a comparable oponent
What??? your taking the one time that the mimic was out of a normal situation as proof it'd do something else in a normal situation. i don't think i need to explain why using that as proof that it's a standard tactic is completely bogus.

you simplifying how much time it'd take to dismantle Roxy while she was fighting back, because trying to rip someone's arm off while they're punching you in the face with said arms that your trying to tear off makes it take longer.

this is also completely ignoring whether or not the mimic actually did or did not dismantle Roxy, considering we have no confirmation what It did off-screen to Roxy beyond the voice after the elevator crash, but that's just confirmation Roxy is alive, (which even that's debatable, considering the mimic can copy voices) not that The Mimic didn't attempt to (or wasn't successful) at dismantling her.

What??? your taking the one time that the mimic was out of a normal situation as proof it'd do something else in a normal situation. i don't think i need to explain why using that as proof that it's a standard tactic is completely bogus.

you simplifying how much time it'd take to dismantle Roxy while she was fighting back, because trying to rip someone's arm off while they're punching you in the face with said arms that your trying to tear off makes it take longer.

this is also completely ignoring whether or not the mimic actually did or did not dismantle Roxy, considering we have no confirmation what It did off-screen to Roxy beyond the voice after the elevator crash, but that's just confirmation Roxy is alive, (which even that's debatable, considering the mimic can copy voices) not that The Mimic didn't attempt to (or wasn't successful) at dismantling her.

No, the mimic literaly just pull the limbs of when dismantling, If when faced with a comparable oponent that could be dealt with by just pulling It's limbs out like the mimic normaly do, HE WILL NOT DO THAT HERE

Back