• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I'm done here. I'm just repeating myself at this point. If ditto didn't have at least some knowledge of the powers he had, a training having his ditto transform into an "Arcanine" and having it use "Flamethrower" wouldn't work at all.

Also Sans with more hp>Sans.

I've clearly explained why and now you're just responding with 1 sentence rather then an actual rebuttal. You've failed to debunk so many of my points at this point, it doesn't matter what I say. My vote is for ditto and that's final.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
because they were alredy discussed, make a cr if you disagree
Yeah, but you haven't disproved anything. Your go to argument is "make a cr if you disagree", since you can't seem to disprove it yourself. You don't even have an argument in this post. You didn't debunk anything in my last comment. Even if I am wrong, if you can't disprove what I say, what weight does your opinion hold?

no, it has nbeen discussed several times as to why that is not right and id prefer not repeating ALL of that, so make a crt, because they will either tell you, or give you a link, as to why it isnt so

Ricsi-viragosi said:
no, it has nbeen discussed several times as to why that is not right and id prefer not repeating ALL of that, so make a crt, because they will either tell you, or give you a link, as to why it isnt so
"make a crt" is not an argument, and obviously it hasn't been discuseed here. You can't just say "Oh, well it's been discussed several times in ALL arguments regarding this character" and expect that to be enough. If you don't feel like repeating them, then why are you even here.

Rockblaster8 said:
"make a crt" is not an argument, and obviously it hasn't been discuseed here. You can't just say "Oh, well it's been discussed several times in ALL arguments regarding this character" and expect that to be enough. If you don't feel like repeating them, then why are you even here.
no, giving and defining powers not on a characters page is against the rules, so even if your right,until you make a crt its useless

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Rockblaster8 said:
no, giving and defining powers not on a characters page is against the rules, so even if your right,until you make a crt its useless
This isn't even an argument anymore. It's not just about kr, it's about the other numerous arguments you've failed on every level to debunk.

However, Sans is smarter, his profile states he's a genius in a tactical sense, & he's more experienced with his powers. If their forms really are equal except for their minds, Sans wins. Even without Sans's experience, Ditto having to figure out things & Sans not needing to means Ditto could suffer several opportunity costs if it doesn't focus while thinking during the fight.

hes only argument for ditto is if hes capable of tankinghits, but as his hp doesent affect his soul resistence, it null and void

Ricsi-viragosi said:
However, Sans is smarter, his profile states he's a genius in a tactical sense, & he's more experienced with his powers. If their forms really are equal except for their minds, Sans wins. Even without Sans's experience, Ditto having to figure out things & Sans not needing to means Ditto could suffer several opportunity costs if it doesn't focus while thinking during the fight.

hes only argument for ditto is if hes capable of tankinghits, but as his hp doesent affect his soul resistence, it null and void
He didn't say anybody would for sure win. So still, what's your point. Oh also, as I mentioned in the other thread. Your arguments are running thin. So I'm ending it here.

Marco Shark said:
ditto fra
Wait, which reasons? I don't know if Ditto keeping its HP post-Transformation is something we accept here, & may just be game mechanics, & not a reason we can use here.

And Metal Powder & Quick Powder don't actually help Ditto after it Transforms. In-character, Transforming is usually the 1st thing Ditto does, & OP said it has time to do so in this matchup, so it's almost guaranteed to do so.

The only real edges I can think of might be:

A. If Ditto somehow gets to attack first, but it's only given time to Transform, as the OP specified. They didn't say it's given an opportunity for a free attack, so odds are, after it Transforms -which it'll do first thing, being in-character- combatants will probably become aware of each other, & aware Sans would likely just teleport to evade Ditto-Sans's attack.

B. Ditto's Stamina, if we interpret Dittos "At least Superhuman" as higher than San's "Very High".

C. Ditto somehow choosing an attack that one-shots Sans. However, I'm unsure if he's considered a 1-Shot-Wonder here, & Sans probably knows his techniques better. Gravity Manipulation? Teleport out or use own Gravity Manipulation to neutralize it? Gaster Blasters or Soul Bones? Teleport or Dodge?

Note that C. operates on the assumption that willing to kill Sans isn't like he is in the only time he's fought: His Genocide Battle, where he says he wonders why others don't use their strongest attacks first, & does far less goofing around.

Rather, for C. to work, Ditto has to not only use an attack, but if Ditto copies Sans's durability & such, it may be possible that if such an attack one-shots Sans, it does the same to Ditto-Sans. Other than concerns over the accuracy of GM vs Soul Bones/Gaster Blaster, I don't see why Sans wouldn't use his most deadly attacks first, while Ditto would suffer opportunity costs while it learns what the new form can do.

Both of you need to shut up. Make a CRT if you don't agree with Sans' profile. Otherwise, we end up derailing and wasting time. Ditto's HP is COMPLETLEY IRRELEVENT considering Sans' attacks your soul. Finally, Sans stomps since the determining factor is skill, and Sans is FAR more skilled than Ditto.

Sans FRA. Nothing implies Ditto gains the same knowledge its opponent had. Sans would know how to beat himself more than anyone, so Real Sans wins by intelligence and experience edges

Sans doesn't use danmaku. His attacks are platform based. And even if it was "danmaku" couldn't ditto dodge the same way Sans does?

1.HP and Stats are game mechanic,which is something we don't use in VS-thread

2.Sans does use danmaku.Nearly every Undertale character use that

3.Even if Ditto turn into Sans,there nothing implies he gains the same knowledge its opponent had.

Drjeanstory said:
Sans doesn't use danmaku.
yes he does, read the description of danmaku.
His attacks are platform based.
because programming a 3d fight is hard, so unless you are saying no one in tohou has danmaku your point is a game mechanic
And even if it was "danmaku" couldn't ditto dodge the same way Sans does?
no, he copies abilities, not skill, danmaku is combination of attacks in a hard to dodge way, at most ditto would simply use base abilies.

also, dittos hap stays the same because of him loosing hp and transforming then would cause either bugs, or more work then worth

Not sure for this match, thought I'm more inclined to say sans because he has more experience with his own abilities (I mean, he probably had to train or exercise to use his abilities that well).

It really depends on Ditto's stats. Max IV ditto has 300 hp, while min IV ditto has 203 hp. Also (taken directly from SoulSilver): "Its transformation ability is perfect."

Not sure if this one matters (depends if Sans has a brain) but if so (LeafGreen): "Capable of copying an opponent's genetic code to instantly transform itself into a duplicate of the enemy."

Sans is still more skilled than ditto with his powers and even though ditto is more durable it won't do anything because of the massive skill stomp.

Sans for me

Ah. I see that we are using Edgy Sans for this fight. But seriously, why is Sans wearing his dead brother's shirt?

Transforms-> Hits once-> Ditto wins.

Seriously, if everything else is equal, but sans can only take 1 shot, why is this even a match? It's like if I fought a version of me who had brittle bones.

Katharsus said:
Transforms-> Hits once-> Ditto wins.
Seriously, if everything else is equal, but sans can only take 1 shot, why is this even a match? It's like if I fought a version of me who had brittle bones.
First of all, sans nopes durablity.

Second of all, the only reason ditto doesn't copy HP is due to game mechanics.

Third of all, Ditto is incapable of Danmaku, so it will get easily destroyed in both skill, inteligence and overwhelmed by attacks.

Or sans tells a joke, and it transforms back.

Back