• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ditto (Pokemon) vs Chizome Akaguro (Stain).

I mean, we typically assume they work. If Quick Powder isn't affected by the equalizing, I might be team Ditto.
IIRC, Pokemon usually only have 1 held item in gameplay. But Ditto's profile does list BOTH as Standard Equipment, rather than Optional Equipment.

If it has both, MAYBE if it's 1.5 times as fast & durable in base THEN it Struggles against Chizome?
But that assumes Ditto survives being Chizome long enough to realize this is a losing battle, &/or reverts (reverting involuntarily or otherwise.) AND manages to leverage its Speed &/or Durability Boost enough to do a Struggle smack against Chizome.

& even then, if we allow Struggle, the most recent versions of it, in gameplay anyway, have it deal 25% of the user's max HP as recoil damage.
So if that applies here, too, Ditto would not only need to realize to do that, & successfully achieve that, but also do so at over 25% Stamina so that it doesn't knock itself out. (Or would that be a victory?)
Or Struggle is just an abstraction of literally just struggling & 25% recoil is a game mechanic to avoid battles becoming extremely drawn out.

I mean, the Standard equipment lists it as constantly adding the speed boost, not specifying otherwise.

So, Ditto would be 50% faster than Chizome?
Maybe? Idk
stain still skill ****** Deku and Iida while they were fighting together, with todoroki in a 3v1, with Iida and Deku being faster (if only by a slim margin) to todoroki, who is around stains speed in combat and reactions

Now that I look at that, plus the paralyzation boost, I'm changing my vote. Ditto FRA
Also quick powder boosts the speed of the ditto that holds it, but if it’s standard equip then it’s likely gonna be equalized with the normal speed (aka without the powder ditto would be half stains speed here)

Also quick powder boosts the speed of the ditto that holds it, but if it’s standard equip then it’s likely gonna be equalized with the normal speed (aka without the powder ditto would be half stains speed here)
idk, I'm pretty sure that's not how we do that, but ok.

Also just remembered that when stain wanted to he used fear manip on multiple people with Supernatural Willpower

Ditto transforming back into his normal state and relying on struggle seems pretty far-fetched. I don't think a wild Ditto would display that level of strategic knowledge to know that it couldn't beat Stain while transformed.

Also, Quick Powder only applies to Ditto's. It doesn't work on any other pokemon, even a transformed ditto, so we shouldn't really assume it would work outside of his untransformed state.

Voting Stain, FRA.

why do people think Ditto get skill stomped

Ditto can transform into and fight on par with Fighting Type Pokemon which massively outskill Stain

why do people think Ditto get skill stomped

Ditto can transform into and fight on par with Fighting Type Pokemon which massively outskill Stain
This is almost a necro post. This was an old match that was made and concluded before the intelligence of Pokémon were revised

Back