• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Disembodied Thought Addition + Possible Massive Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Retired
So it turns out i forgot to add one of the Disembodied Thought's powers, the ability to access the Golden Gate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg7r0iYOtUk

The Golden Gate is a pocket reality that mind haxes anyone and anything in it by convincing them, and everything else inside it, that there is no reality beyond it, and then uses any thoughts or idea you have ever had or encountered to further strengthen that, and the only way to escape it to purge your mind of thought youve ever had or encountered. The Disembodied Though is, of course, able to do this, allowing it to escape.

Now...as for the upgrade...The Disembodied Thought may be High 1-B...possibly. Reason being, each time it ascends out of a universe, it treat said universe as 2-dimensional, while the new universe it ascends into is treated as 3-dimensional. It can do this infinitely, and can do so both by ascending AND descending into new universes. Not 100% sure if that qualifies for High 1-B but i'd just like to get some opinions on it.

I do not think that we can count it as infinite-dimensional before it has ascended that high.

@Gargoyle Hey, thats why i said its just a possibility

@Ant How would we treat this then?

Well, it would presumably take it an infinite time to ascend to an infinite-dimensional level. Do you know how high it has ascended so far?

Maybe "Likely 1-B, potentially High 1-B" then?

>Now...as for the upgrade...The Disembodied Thought may be High 1-B...possibly. Reason being, each time it ascends out of a universe, it treat said universe as 2-dimensional, while the new universe it ascends into is treated as 3-dimensional. It can do this infinitely, and can do so both by ascending AND descending into new universes. Not 100% sure if that qualifies for High 1-B but i'd just like to get some opinions on it.

So from this, i can say that DT may be within the the Tier 1 territory (1-B to High 1-B) considering the mechanics behind this ascension, while High 1-B does seem kinda plausible, i dunno if it could be applied, at the very least maybe possibly High 1-B?

Apart from this i agree with the other things

Edit: Likely 1-B, potentially High 1-B" is good too

1. Source for DT transcending these universes as if they're 2-D each time?

2. Source for DT explicitly transcending like this infinitely?

If both of these can be provived then I support the upgrade.

hmmm it may not have FULLY reach infinite dimension but i feel like 1-B possibly high 1-B is reasonable and addition of powers seems ok to me

Im trying to find a video for it now, just gimme a few minutes

Also, the stuff about the Golden Gate is okay yes?

...Don't know why you are giving us a scan of Demonbane...

Ryu and Ant are asking for something from DT verse so that it justify his rating as 1-B, potentially High 1-B. So i don't even know why you are bringing up another verse

Irrelevant since DT verse cosmology doesn't work the same as Demonbane so no, no need to some weird cross-scaling from other verses.

Edit: Better to stop talking about this as to not clog this thread with irrelevant discussion

I agree with ALRF. Please drop the subject Hat mchat.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Ascending infinitely is 1-B, not High 1-B. Though as the others said, I'd need to see the context.
Ascending to a higher plane of existence as if the previous is a lower dimension each time, then doing this infinite times should be High 1-B. However I still need sources that this is the case.

@Ryu

Doing it infinite times would be High 1-B. This is not that. From the description in the op, it is the ability to do it indefinitely, which is 1-B, as you will never actually reach infinity.

>It can do this infinitely

It can do this infinitely so i guess it's High 1-B? Well there is still the matter of proof and what not and how it should be interpreted.

@Azzy I agree with that doing it indefinitely wouldn't be the same as doing it infinite times.

@ALRF

Doing it infinitely is not the same as ascending infinite levels of existence, unless Weekly literally means it ascends infinite levels within the game.

Ah, i see my mistake then. Well i guess the thing to do is wait for OP to give the proof then as it is the only thing that the thread lacks.

If thats the case then it would just be 1-B to an indefinite amount, it can just keep ascending indefinitely

Still looking for the video...

@Weekly If you can find an explicit source that DT does it literally infinite times, then High 1-B. However the latter it'll at least be (probably) the strongest 1-B on this site.

Unfortunately i dont think a video of it doing so literally infinite times exists, so we'll probably just have to go with the latter :/

Although i may have made a...slight error. It actually treats the universe it ascends out of as 1-D, not 2-D

https://youtu.be/aMg3SohOhrI?t=201

@Weekly Is there a source of DT doing this indefinitely even?

This clip also just seems to be it ascending into another 4-D universe and not higher+more complex levels of existence, unless I'm missing something.

Yes, that's what it does, only it can do so indefinitely, treating each prior universe that it ascends out of as lower dimensional

Okay, but where does it show these universes are more complex than the last? Because it still says things like "You are planck length" and "Opened 1d category", implying it's still a 4-D space-time.

Since the Golden Gate stuff was accepted, i'll add it, but we're still talking about the 1-B stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back