• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Disembodied Thought Addition + Possible Massive Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, from the above discussion it seems very hard to determine whether or not the DT simply ascends to a greater 3D scale, or an entirely higher dimension in its entirety.

Perhaps "At least 3-A, possibly 1-B" would be appropriate?

Antvasima said:
Perhaps "At least 3-A, possibly 1-B" would be appropriate?
I think this is far, far too vague to warrant this rating.

However, "At least High 3-A/Low 2-C, possibly higher" would work, since it transcends at least a single universe, albeit going back to being 1-D, afterwards.

I think when DT transcends the universe and going back to show that said universe as 1-D is just the way of the game to show that DT has ascend to higher universe since you can't expect the game to show you exploring 5D,6D or even higher dimensional universe.

Also transcend to 4D universe but then going back to 1D universe is just doesn't make sense.. Unless it's just the way from the game to show that DT has ascend to higher univsese since the game cant create 5D universe.

That's the thing. Ascending out of one universe and into another does not automatically make said universe higher-dimensional, especially if it operates on the same principles as the previous universe.

Well when DT ascend from 3D/or 4D? universes to higher universe those previous universe is still There, the game just Treat those previous universe as 1D universe since how the game going to show you explore 5D universe then when it can't create 5D universes?

That's the thing, though. It's the idea of a cycle, not of an infinite ascension. You can ascend and descend as you choose through most of the game, but cannot descend from planck length back into a sentient cosmic structure. You are cycling back to what you started out as, returning from the biggest thing in human imagining to the smallest, because the game is about the universe and consciousness itself.

The game does not suggest higher-dimensional universes because that is not its intent, nor is it its point.

I'm suggesting that the universe it ascends to isn't necessarily a new universe. Everything presents the universe as an interconnected system of things and their perspective towards other things. It is not unlikely the that because of the philosophical ideas the game is based on, transcending the largest possible thing (in this case, an infinite universe) returns you to the smallest possible size.

So in Everything you can't descend to lower universe? because if you can ascends/descend to Higher/Lower universe then that can be used as prof that Everything follow the infinite ascension ideas and not infinity cycle.

I think that Azathoth seems to make sense.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
You cannot go back to and below planck length to return to 'previous' universes, iirc, but would have to double check.
Yes you can actually, its a reqquirement in order to reach the Golden Gate to return to the starting point of the game no matter how high youve ascended or how low youve descended

Just checked. You are correct in that you can descend again, however, you do not need to do this to get to the Golden Gate. It seems that because the universe loops, but you do not always begin in the same place, the gate will always exist, but will always exist in the very first continent you started in. The easiest method is to return to where you began, but it is entirely possible to accidentally stumble upon it in any loop, even if unlikely when you don't know what you're looking for.

So the Golden Gate is present in the same place no matter how many times you ascend or decend?

It's location varies depending on the file, but it seems that it will always be on whatever continent you started on, which the game can sometimes find for you via autoplay.

But what i mean is no matter how many times you ascend or decend, the Gate will always be in the same area you started, you dont have to ascend or decend back to the very very first area of the game in order to find it again?

Yes, what I mean is if you find the area that you initially began in at the very start of the game, regardless of loop, the Gate will be there. For example, if at the start of the game, your first area after becoming large enough is a green continent with orangutans, the Gate will always be on that green continent with the orangutans, even if you find said continent after another loop in which you start in a sandy continent.

Wouldnt that mean the Gate is 1-B as well? Seeing as it exists no matter how many times you ascend or decend even though everything else changes?

Nothing changes, though. That's the point. You are starting from a different area, but you can find the area you initially started in, which suggests you are not in a different universe, but experiencing the same universe a different way from the start.

The area is the same, though. It implies that you are looping, not travelling to higher levels of existence. Maybe if the Gate changed positions, but it is instead in the same place no matter what, because you are in the same universe.

Why would they make it so you literally ascend from the entirety of the universe into a lower-dimensional object and then into a 2 and 3-dimensional object if it were just looping the same universe over and over again?

Because from a philosophical standpoint in which the universe is everything, there is nothing bigger than the universe. There is nothing more for you to ascend to. Hence you return to being small again, because that is your new perspective. The game isn't about higher-dimensions and transcending universes, which is why nothing even close to that is represented when you "ascend", and why the universe itself looks like the same one; because it is.

@Azathoth

Have you "played" Everything? It's a severe understatement of the "Disembodied thought" if it's not experienced in first person. Not to be accusing anybody here thou. When i started Everything, it took a while for me to encounter the golden gate and even after i escaped that's still in the phase of "tutorial".

All statements in Everything are critically/fundamentally important. I can update this with screen shoots if i re-encounter these quotes. I noted these on my phone a while back. Read with caution.

"The longer change is observed the more it ceases to happen, the less time that goes by, the more happens in it."

"If Everything were to really see itself as everything, space would no longer exist, time would stop moving forward. And all sound would be silent. This is what we all return to.

"You've explored enough for enough time to let you in on a secret, this world is not your world. Everything is a game based on the game you're in, and if we're being honest , a pretty shabby reflection of it, but this isnt about giving you something different to see. But giving you a different way of seeing. If you can see that you're neither big nor little-this nor that."

As for the upgrade though, it's not that easy to truly comprehend everything and determine a tier.

Then i had my own question in mind, is DT non-corporeal because of it can litterally be nothing or just for it's ability to transform into non-material subjects, like gravitons, quarks and so on?

ProspectX said:
@Azathoth

Have you "played" Everything? It's a severe understatement of the "Disembodied thought" if it's not experienced in first person. Not to be accusing anybody here thou. When i started Everything, it took a while for me to encounter the golden gate and even after i escaped that's still in the phase of "tutorial".
Yes, I have.

I am really sorry for necro'ing this post, but I have a question in my mind. I suppose, Azathoth claimed that There is only one universe in one cycle (I apologize if I understood it wrongly), as though 'Feedback Sphere' in it's wiki is described as: "A feedback sphere appears to be an entire universe represented as ripple in time." A universe which we dwarf by ascending into a higher one.

I was just confused, and wanted to point this out idk-

My apologies, but this is a too old thread. I will close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back