• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
>It isn't better intangibility, i repeat it doesn't matter

That's literally what it is, I still find it a bit more astounding that you don't realize characters can have varying degrees f even the simplest of abilities, happens all the time on the wiki.

>it's soul ******* manipulation that is only managed to be done by a few stands

You wanna retract that statement before you're proven wrong, again, like always, every single time you make a claim saying something isn't true you end up proving ignorant on the subject, I could name off several more Stands off the top of my head, multiple that dont even have soul manip as their power (Hell Killer Queen doesnt even have soul manip as its power, it can **** with souls and ghosts because it's a Stand, not because it's an anomaly that has the power to interact with souls even though it's power is ******* transmutation. You really wanna say Killer Queen lighting up an explosion and a ghost having their skull split in is a special KQ power that is never mentioned in anything ever?). Either way I'm done gathering scans for you, it's getting sad now. But hell, I'll drop you another Stand, Heaven's Door, multiple times (pretty sure he even used it an on apparition once).

>And that doesn't make sense, it's not better intangibility it's intangibility bypassing

Reading comprehension for the 8th time. It's better intangibility when the intangibles cant interact with a Stand. Do Stands bypass intangibility? Yes because of NPI, but that isn't true for Stands being impervious to things that normally have NPI as well. The former is NPI, the latter is good intangibility. It's two things.

>Oh i'm sorry i might've misread it due to how much writting because in the reply below i gave you a reason why

You're now confusing two different posts, also the writing in that post was about something I never said. You couldn't of misread after you wrote it because that entire post was dedicated towards what you claim to be a misread (Although I clarified it twice regardless so that's still sus).

>You literally just went 360 with your arugement

I didn't? If you think as much that's an issue on your end and your lack of an ability to grasp any of what I'm saying.

>Do you think i don't read JJBA do you? because that ability is only reserved to killer queen and black sabboth and here's the thing when black sabboth tires to take the soul of giorno out he instead takes his stand out which tells you a lot

Ignoring the fact that Killer Queen doesn't have that ability reserved to him specifically (His ability is blowing shit up, the fact he can touch ghosts and his explosions can harm ghosts isnt something unique to him, that isn't even his power, his power isnt touching ghosts, it's explosives, don't act like it's something unique to him when it's not). At this point, yes actually, I'm convinced you don't, in fact no I can gurantee you absolutely don't, in fact I'm going to point out multiple examples of things you said that were blatantly wrong that you tried to pass off as fact.

1. Claiming the fighting Stands do not phase and Star Platinum has only phased once. (Untrue, Both Chariot and SP have phased upwards of 4 times, with some cases being phasing while being mid attack, like Chariot phasing while skewering Ebony).

2. Using a Stand for awhile will tire out the user (This never even happens, I'm still wondering where you got this idea).

3. Apparently not knowing that Stands in general can interact with spirits and ghosts (Hell even the user themselves can to an extent), it's not only shown here and thre but it's even said as much. Which I find odd given earlier you were trying to say a super common knowledge thing in the jojo fandom yet here you are, being unaware of a super common thing in the jojo fandom, ironic.

Also yes, Black Sabbath can rip out souls via shadows (although it's him being a Stand that is what allows him to actually touch them, I even checked his Stas and JoJoveller and soul touching isnt listed as his power), yes GE was dragged out because it's a facet of Giorno's soul, as confirmed in Part 6? I'm convinced you aren't actually paying attention to the points being made.

>It's not in the OP's Post and that doesn't apply

Actually that's why it applies, if not specified the SBA rules take place. It's for the very reason you're trying to say it doesnt apply is why it applies. It's why the SBA page exists, standard assumptions for matches where specification is not given.

>In general, most stands users aren't even born with it and those who do have inherit it by their forefathers due to the meteor and it essentailly makes your soul a fighting stand or essentailly the life force or soul

Actually most Stands Users are born with it, a good chunk that we see arent natural but Stands as a whole tend to be born onto a host, let's name off a few, Polnareff, HG, Abdul, Kendo, Darby brothers, Coco Jumbo, Sugar Mountain, Tonio, Emporio, Milagro Man, etc. And there's a **** ton off screen like Abdul's village. Also Stands didnt originate from the meteor, Stands on earth predate it and exist in worlds where there is no stand arrows. In fact there's plenty of Stand users who were born with it just because or gained a stand naturally with no outside interference like kendo or Joseph Joestar, who according to recent information, had his Stand by natural means and via gaining mastery over Hamon, not because of Dio. You don't get it do you? Life and soul energy in Jojo arent the same thing. Hamon or the shit GE uses is life energy, it's a different and distinct form of energy from soul energy. Life force is a power Gold Experience uses, soul energy is something Requiem uses. Which thinking on it, is probably where a lot of your misunderstandings in what I'm saying is derived from, you're confusing two different things as one thing. Regardless, you keep saying Stands are life force, they aren't that's what Hamon is and the power GE uses, Stands don't come fro the shit GE uses dude. Or fo a different example, in Part 2, when Esidisi explodes he seeps out the life force of those he ate.

>That's a game mechanic and damage stacking isn't thing because you can't expect for steely dan to have 7-B durability because he survived a rush down of star platinum

If it's a game mechanic then prove it, you haven't, nobody has, all you've proven is that the shield can take more individual hits from weaker enemies not it doesn't break at all after a number of hits, all you did was provide evidence that it will' break, not that it won't, to prove it is gameplay mechanics you have to prove that such a limitation doesnt actually exist in canon. Also yeah, because Star Platinum is 8-C+, not 7-B and Steely Dan didnt survive it, at least not that we know of, dude probably died like Captain Ten. Also damage stacking? Why do I have to keep corecting you on things that I explained clearly in the post, damage stacking involving time stop. Characters that can accumalate damage and kinetic energy within a time stop are allowed to damage stack, see BOTW Link for a good example. TW and SP dont accumalte, they deal damage the moment they punch something even if time is stopped, which is my point, even if time is stopped, Dio likely doest have to wait till time stop is finished to see if it breaks, if it's gonna break after a few hundred blows it'll break within the time stop all things considered.

>Joseph has hermit purple a thing with thorns that doesn't resemble anything to star platinum

i didn't even mention Hermit Purple, are you actually incapable of reading or are you just purposefuly misreading now, because that's what it feels like.

>Dio and polneraff was show off. Dio putting a corpse was show off. Dio getting behind hol horse was a show off because he didn't kill but intimidate him.

Dio and Polnareff wasn't showing off? Do you even know what showing off means? He wasn't showing off, in fact he was making an effort to keep his powers hidden and confuse. Polnareff was him trying to recruit Pol. Dio putting a corpse was him killing a traitor (Dio is then implied to have hid away, due to the sunlight being shone onto the coffin but still attempted to kill the whole team, luckily they sensed his bloodlust and jumped out the window), Dio getting behind Hol, yeah, that's a bit of a flex. But why does this matter? In case you haven't realized, that still leaves a handful of times where Dio used time stop in action without saying The World, not only that but you're also ignoring why he says the world in the first place. And the worst part? You heavily insinuated that Dio always says the world when using time stop to begin with, but once again, you'e wrong and now you're backpedaling, point is what you said is wrong.

>The speed is equalized and geralt has set on fire higher vampires who are faster than geralt and completely immune to normal fire

Yeah speed is equalized, luckily time stop is thought based. Higher vamps have much worse regen in a fight then Dio. Dio can laugh off bodily destruction and even bisection with no issue at his peak (he's also fine being burned alive at his peak), they cant without outside help. Also why are you acting like theyre at all comparable? They have different powers and weaknesses regardless of what they both are. Or that Geralt even knows what Dio is for that matter, Geralt as far as he's concerned, Dio himself is just a buff dude.

So? What's that gotta do with someone that can just stop time to dodge any and all attacks? Speed doesnt matter.

No he can't? How does Heliotrop stop time allowing Geralt to avoid any and all attacks? Rhetorical, it doesn't. It's a bootleg version of time slow, not stop and the amount it slows down time from Geralt's pov isn't even that much, looking at it I'm not even sure it's 2x slow. And Geralt needs to have his adrenaline filled to even use it in his latest appearance.

Time Stop>Time Slow>Heliotrop.

Thelastmlg said:
Chariot, when did dio shrug off a overdrive, i forgot.
When Joseph wrapped him up in HP after he killed Kak.

ThaTSayMarine said:
461 Lines of text that is done not to argue which character wins but if dio's stand can phase through quen
I'm actually done debating
welcome to vs battles where this happenes every other day

the door is to your right good day sir

Before that, when Joseph and him were talking on the building right after Kak blew out the clock. Joseph wrapped Dio himself in HP and yelled Overdrive, Dio laughed and tore through HP.

ThaTSayMarine said:
461 Lines of text that is done not to argue which character wins but if dio's stand can phase through quen

I'm actually done debating
Concession excepted buddy.

Chariot190 said:
Before that, when Joseph and him were talking on the building right after Kak blew out the clock. Joseph wrapped Dio himself in HP and yelled Overdrive, Dio laughed and tore through HP.
You mean this: https://s5.********.org/data/1f25e565290d9337b10d473fb1e43930/x16.jpg

Cuz it looks like he broke free before the hamon reached him.

Doubt it, it isn't like him ripping apart HP is the immediate next panel, the next panel is Dio telling Joseph he sucks and so does his Stand then he proceeds to rip it in the following panel. Plus Hamon everytime travels through HP nigh-instantly, so I doubt there was any time for Dio tell shit talk before the Hamon hit him, I'd probably chalk it up to it being Jonathan's body and it not being fully turned at that moment actually if I had to guess. (Also for what it's worth that scene does show HP lighting up with Hamon in outside sources so that's seemingly the intent regardless).

Talking panels there is literally worth zero time, which is something pretty consistent in jojo, or else his time stop would last half a minute at least.

Considering that he pulled a punch because of hamon, him laughing off his entire body being hamon'd is weird.

It shows hamon lightning around, but not on dio.

> Talking panels there is literally worth zero time, which is something pretty consistent in jojo, or else his time stop would last half a minute at least.

What it shows is Dio had enough time to shit talk. It isnt a matter of how much tie passed but the fact that regardless of time, HP being pumped full of Hamon has always been instant, yet here it isn't why? Nobody is taking the scene, taking the panel and going oh well several seconds must of passed. What' I'm doing is taking the fact that time did pass though, how much doesn't matter, all that matters is that time did pass and by then Hamon should have passed through all of HP by then given how fast it is.

>Considering that he pulled a punch because of hamon, him laughing off his entire body being hamon'd is weird.

His Stand pulled a punch, not he himself, could easily be why given one's part Jonathan and one is all Dio.

>It shows hamon lightning around, but not on dio.

If it shows Hamon around Dio that means Hamon was channeled through all of HP, which means it hit Dio. What are you even trying to say? That because we don't see Dio, who's covered in vines, have Hamon on him that means he wasn't hit, even though the whole point was to channel Hamon through the vines to hit Dio? If Hamon got to the point it was around the cies that were around Dio, well, that means he was hit, that was kinda the whole plan.

Time passing is irrelevant, hamon being fast doesn't matter, what matters is how fast time moves while dio talks, hamon doesn't have infinite speed and dio could definitely react to it like he reacts to a way faster stand, the intention of the scene was to show that dio could overpower his stand, not that he could resist hamon.

And even with this jonathan part he still avoided sunlight, which affects him as hard as hamon.

Why would his body that had been shown to be vampiric, just weakened, be unnaffected by his very weakness

Also his head would still be vulnerable, and IIRC hamon travels through surfaces so his head should've been burned.

Again, lightNING, in his hand, is literally in the panel after he shouts overdrive.

The lightning on his hand that represents hamon was nowhere near dio when he destroyed HP, there was no effect at all, just normal HP being broken.

As you said, it needs to travel, and it didn't travel to dio during his stand breaking.

>Time passing is irrelevant, hamon being fast doesn't matter, what matters is how fast time moves while dio talks, hamon doesn't have infinite speed and dio could definitely react to it like he reacts to a way faster stand, the intention of the scene was to show that dio could overpower his stand, not that he could resist hamon.

You're extrapolating, Hamon doesn't need infinite speed, what matters is Joseph wraps Dio in HP, yells that he's going to use Hamon, uses Hamon, Dio in retaliation states that both he and his Stand sucks and it's the weakest of all the crusaders, then proceeds to rip the vines in the following panel. All while Hamon is being pumped through it. It doesn't matter what the scene is intended to be, if it happens it happens, if you want to argue it was a slight oversight or not intended to be taken like that, that's fine, but if it happend it happened. This entire wiki is basically built upon taking things the author didn't intend and working with that, see 90% of all calcs.

>And even with this jonathan part he still avoided sunlight, which affects him as hard as hamon.

Direct sunlight is much, much worse than Hamon to a vampire, we even see as much as far back as Part 1, Dio takes much less damage from Hamon than sunlight. If Hamon is weak enough it may not even harm a vamire, point and case, Joseph back in Part 2 when weakened, he punched a vampire in the face with hamon but due to being weakened it barely burnt him, Stroheim had to come and save him.

>Also his head would still be vulnerable, and IIRC hamon travels through surfaces so his head should've been burned.

Except the Hamon is traveling through HP as a conductor, not through Dio, just the part Dio's in contact with would be hit.

>Again, lightNING, in his hand, is literally in the panel after he shouts overdrive.

Yeah? And is that supposed to mean that the Hamon wasn't through HP? It's a constant thing. (Actually it's one of Joseph's B&B moves in HFTF, which Araki had involvement in to an extent, likely an accurate depiction of it in motion).

>The lightning on his hand that represents hamon was nowhere near dio when he destroyed HP, there was no effect at all, just normal HP being broken.

You're ignoring half a page being between when Joseph uses Hamon and Dio breaking free.

>As you said, it needs to travel, and it didn't travel to dio during his stand breaking.

And it had time to travel, no matter how much you want to deny it, we're talking about MFTL travel speed, plus given in multiple sources of outside media depicts The Hamon very clearly hitting Dio, well I'm going to take their intepretation of a scene over yours no offense especially when it doesnt contradict the source material, only confirms what likely happened.

Back