• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DIO has his Phantom Blood abilities (ABILITIES REVISION)

He's struggling to regenerate, not struggling to keep his vampirism. He used senses of a vampire pretty easily alongside Mind Control in the form of the flesh buds, which is a vampiric ability. It's even harder for Straizo to use his vampirism to be honest.

Part 1 Dio didn't use flesh buds, he converted dead enemies to zombies.

Dio's head wasn't attached to Jonathan's body when he did that. Please don't assume I didn't read the OP, it's a bit rude.

He explicitly states that it's his inability to control and utilize the body. The fact that he's struggling to even regenerate puts into question whether he can effectively use his other powers.

Dargoo Faust said:
Dio's head wasn't attached to Jonathan's body when he did that.
Doesn't matter if his head wasn't attached to Jonathan's body. As I've said in my first post, it's headcanon to think that Jonathan's body weakened Dio.

Yet he struggles to regenerate when using Jonathan's body and outright states he can't control it properly. It kind of does matter, I don't know why you're ignoring a vital plot point and then calling my argument headcanon.

I feel like it's pretty presumptuous to say that he struggles with using one vampiric power, yet should be perfectly fine using every other power he didn't even demonstrate.

Yet he still regenerates nonetheless. Dio not using his powers is just PIS. Me and Prof and have said this over and over again.

Standuser081 said:
Yet he still regenerates nonetheless. Dio not using his powers is just PIS. Me and Prof and have said this over and over again.
I don't think I made it clear, and apoplogies if I didn't

I'm not saying Part 3 DIO doesn't have his Part 1 powers. However I don't want to give users the impression that "Bloodlusted Part 3 DIO is basically Part 1 Dio with timestop", because he clearly has trouble regenerating, so he should have trouble using his other vampiric powers.

It's a pretty clear-cut explaination to contrast the argument that "Well, you can't disprove my point" being the basis of both yours and Prof's arguments, which pretty much amounts to you yourself pointing at the lack of evidence you have to make your argument.

Also, I read your initial post.

Dargoo Faust said:
I'm not saying Part 3 DIO doesn't have his Part 1 powers ... He clearly has trouble regenerating, so he should have trouble using his other vampiric powers.
I hope you're reading my posts as well.

Trouble Using Ôëá Can't Use at All.

Nope. I'm saying that his weakness of not being able to regenerate properly should be applied to his other powers, and is a plausible explanation as to why he chose not to use them in Part 3 alongside of yours and Prof's claims of him being too confident.

It's a better argument, IMO, then saying "you can't prove he didn't", and then leaving it at that.

Ok, so let's take off freezing to his "Not Awakened" Part 3 form, but we will still keep the eye beams seeing as how he managed to fire them at Jonathan while being just a head. As for his "Awakened", form he will get to keep all his abilities from Part 1.

I mean, it was Jonathan's body that was causing the weakness, so I don't see why the eye beams would be exempt from this.

Awakened seems fine, although he wouldn't use them in-character.

I'm supporting it, I'd wait for Monarch and some others to give their two cents.

Standuser081 said:
Ok, so you're saying that Dio can't use his former abilities becuse of Jonathan's body?
Dargoo Faust said:
Nope. I'm saying that his weakness of not being able to regenerate properly should be applied to his other powers, and is a plausible explanation as to why he chose not to use them in Part 3 alongside of yours and Prof's claims of him being too confident.
Dargoo Faust said:
I mean, it was Jonathan's body that was causing the weakness, so I don't see why the eye beams would be exempt from this.
Ok, now you're contradicting yourself.

Yes, I know it says that it's causing the weakness but after that, he also claimed that because of that weakness, Dio can't use eye beams.

I take this is all about Dio retaining his powers in part 3?

Imo we should only write down what he showed in part 3. The thing that he should have is the lazer beamz as he could use them while being a decapitated head alone, so there is no reason for him to not use them in a body.

Although i dont completely support getting rid of some of Part 1 Dio's ability in Part 3 profile (non-high), it'll be ok High DIO having all his abilities of Part 1. Seems fine for this coming to an end.

The revisions should be like this:

Not High Part 3 DIO: Add eye beams to his abilities

High Part 3 DIO: Add both eye beams and freezing to his abilities

Ok, let's not give the "Not High" Dio his freezing but High Dio will get the freezing because he now has full control of Jonathan's body (via Joseph's blood). Can we agree on that?

I'm fine with that.

I mean, freezing in particular is due to vampires abilities to control their own bodies to an extremely precise level.

Jonathan's body is not Dio's body, he states he has trouble controlling it, it makes sense he wouldn't be able to do freezing if he can't control Jonathan's body

Well, since this is agreed on now, let's wait for the others' inputs on this (especially Prof since he was the one who made this CRT in the first place).

Guys, he sucked Jonathan's blood, and remember that they do those things with their hands, right?

Not to mention that if was just his face that was vampiric,he could just put a mask over it and all.

Yeah,he doesnt have full control of Jonathan's body, but he does have his vampirics abilities.

This is literally like saying that Joseph dont have Hamon because he didnt use it on Part 3 imo

Dargoo Faust said:
Nor can you prove to me that he has them past the point that there shouldn't be a reason he lost them.

Except there is, in regards to how he has a completely different body that he even states that he's having trouble fully utilizing. He never uses the powers nor is he stated or implied to be able to use them.
That's not how it works. You can't say "Goku lost his Solar Flare because he never used it in DBS!"

@Pachi2 evidence of absence is not absence of evidence. Just because we never seen him using it doesn't mean he cannot.

I already showed you a picture of DIO saying his body is very close to being his once more, and that it would only take the blood of one more person. This is before Awakened DIO. He drains the blood of Joseph. He should now have everything. He never stated that he had trouble utilizing his body, the only thing he said was that the body of Jonathan resists him. You're filling in the blanks with head-canonical nonsense.

In general, I agree with what's being thrown around. High DIO should have all of his abilities, no question. Normal DIO should have it too, but if not he should at least get lazer eyeballs, seeing as how it comes from his own head.

CursedGentleman said:
Guys, he sucked Jonathan's blood, and remember that they do those things with their hands, right?

Not to mention that if was just his face that was vampiric,he could just put a mask over it and all.
He sucked the shopkeeper's blood with his hands too, in case you forgot.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the mask being destroyed, I am kinda overloaded with Jojo lately.

And @PaChi2

I did forget that, I was at the middle of the street when I wrote that, so I kinda had to pay more attention to my surroundings than at what I was writing.

ProfessorLord said:
I already showed you a picture of DIO saying his body is very close to being his once more, and that it would only take the blood of one more person. This is before Awakened DIO. He drains the blood of Joseph. He should now have everything. He never stated that he had trouble utilizing his body, the only thing he said was that the body of Jonathan resists him. You're filling in the blanks with head-canonical nonsense.
I don't understand how applying a weakness of his regen while he isn't high to his other Vampiric powers, for a reason that you're using to fuel your own argument, is "head-canonical nonsense".

Back