• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dimentio's Tiering Makes No Sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone unlock Dimentio's page?
Dimentio still links to Paper Mario and not regular Mario for his flipping and Super Dimentio still egregiously scales to Dreamy Bowser's speed for no reason, both of which should be simple uncontroversial fixes brought up in the thread and agreed on.

Assuming the English is similar to the Japanese lines he hurt himself and was K.O.'d just after falling off a cliff and getting nursed back by his lover prior to getting the book (source: ). Prior to absorbing the Chaos Heart and it amping him he could very much be a glass cannon physically without his barrier there, as this lines up with Carson's stories in English that indicate the Ancients (which Bleck was one of) needed "muscle" via Pixls and them not being very "strong" (physically). His AP with the Dark Prognosticus magic should definitely scale to one tapping Mario.

Last edited:
That's a pretty easy fix. Just gotta get the profile opened. Could anyone ask a mod?
Maverick got it unlocked and did both of the edits fixing Dimentio.

I think it's fine to update base Bleck's natural durability to describe it as unknown physically, and scale from base Mario with barriers since it protected him from his stomp. We'd need admins to give input on the go ahead for that.

For the cliff feat, I'd assume since it was a place where a human like Timpani was chilling & roaming around it would be Earth-like gravity and at best the fall being terminal velocity. I think sticking unknown physically is fine since there's basically no on-screen info and I doubt if we can assume anything of what Bleck is made out of to get his mass to get a calculated result for durability.

Last edited:
Yeah, I just checked the japanese version. It translates here as the same as the english, he took a fall off the cliff and was at the bottom. Presumably Lady Timpani carried him away to nurse him, so he maybe doesn't weigh that much for a normal human to somehow transport, still safer to put at Unknown.

Should be fine to apply to update his physical durability once we get some mod input.

Last edited:
So can somebody explain the conclusions here so far in an easy to understand manner, please?

Sorry if this counts as a necro but the CRT isn't finished and I would like to give my input on it
I think the majority of the tiering reasoning for dimentio's "possibly 2-C" is because of carson and garson hinting that he may be the author of the dark prognosticus, hinting that he may be an ancient, that he may have survived bleck's attack on his homeworld, and so on and so forth, but just like Mimi, we aren't sure which story is accurate, or if all of them are. I think its a good idea to put "possibly higher" next to dimentio's tier, but other than that I begrudgingly agree with his downgrade
Bleck should stay the same

I still think having to explain an entire thesis for why certain words used actually mean entire universes in the home language isn't good practice. We apply Occam's Razor primarily. This is literally the reason the verse got downgraded from Low 2-C

Btw
Shouldnt super dimentio have immortality type 8, because he gains immortality type 2 from an object (the chaos heart)
Same with count bleck and mimi
This makes sense actually. But Bleck would get it too, but why would Mimi?

Also, this thread is pretty much dead otherwise since other issues are tackled in the on going other thread. But actually, there should be good reasons for if verses are written in ways for a blog post to explain why characters or verses are Tier 2/1. It's not good practice if we have such a high demand for a super specific statement being the requirement for any verse to be above universal; otherwise pretty much no character or verse would be multiversal to begin with. Verses having universal or multiversal feats explained in the form of puzzle pieces people need to build together with in depth research that may require entire blog posts is quite common in fiction believe it or not. Especially in JRPG verses.

Occam's Razor is also something DontTalkDT said is never a good practice since since trying to be forcefully over simplified all the time is closed minded for any possibilities to truly find corners and valuable information. It's encouraged to look through the entire source and take all translations vs localizations into account and be elaborate and detailed with the complexity of the game or verse's cosmology and megastructure.

Medeus' evaluation seems to make sense to me above.

Also, immortality type 8 can probably be applied to Dimentio and Bleck then.

apologies for the necro but it annoys me that only the nerfs discussed in this thread have been added to profiles and the buffs weren't
I took a long break from vsbattles for numerous reasons
If I do take another break I'll try to avoid necroing threads I was apart of months ago
but why would Mimi?
I wasn't thinking things through 100% but count bleck gives her invincibility in chapter 2, so my logic was that her invincibility was reliant on bleck and therefore it was type 8
At bare minimum chaos heart users should get type 8, I dont really care if mimi does
As soon as we finish this debate about immortality we should close the thread, because other threads are taking up everyone's time and nothing will get done here, better off just to make a new thread after that
unless y'all disagree in which case whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back