• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Digimon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how that slipped my mind, I even used a Titamon in my party.

Digimon World Dawn/Dusk actually had every member of Olympos XII to my knowledge. Granted, they were reserved for end game Digivolutions but still.

@Dragon

I'd also like it if we got some more Aegiomon. I honestly love his design and his evolutions.

Darkanine said:
I don't know how that slipped my mind, I even used a Titamon in my party.

Digimon World Dawn/Dusk actually had every member of Olympos XII to my knowledge. Granted, they were reserved for end game Digivolutions but still.
except for the ones that didn't exist at the time the game was made?

@Dark

The only members introduced at the time of Dawn/Dusk were Apollomon, Dianamon, Merukimon/Mercurymon, Minervamon, Neptunemon, and Marsmon and they didn't have Marsmon while Mercurymon was unplayable.

@Dark

Dawn/Dusk has Apollomon, Dianamon, Minervamon, Neptunemon and the unplayable Mercurymon. They had the sames amount of reps as the Royal Knights.

@Reppu

Same, I really like Aegiomon and his variety of evolutions could put a spin on the gameplay. Kinda like Eevee in Pokemon. I hope they have listened to the fan's opinions on them. The Olympos Xll need some screen time. The Royal Knights have already had their fill countless times already.

Like out of the main groups of Digimon. The Olympos Xll, BANTYO (Aside from BanchoLeomon) and 4 Great Dragons seem to have been left in the dust.

Gatchmon must be the first anime partner Digimon that DOESN'T become a member of the Royal Knights or an Ultra-level Digimon on par with the Royal Knights who could very well be one. You had Omnimon, Imperialdramon Paladin Mode, Gallantmon Crimson Mode, Susanoomon, and ShineGreymon Burst Mode.

Screenshot_59.png

This emote looks like Akiho to me.

If they did, Marcus would solo any Digimon.

I'm still salty over Lost Evolution and XROS WARS RED and BLUE not gettig released over here.

There's technically three Battle Spirits, but ones a glorified expansion pack. It be cool, I miss the days when Digimon released a bunch of random games. Anyone remember Digimon Racing?

Darkanine said:
There's technically three Battle Spirits, but ones a glorified expansion pack. It be cool, I miss the days when Digimon released a bunch of random games. Anyone remember Digimon Racing?
I used to play the crap out of Digimon Racing. I remember fighting Diaboromon and Omegamon in those games. ovo

Never played the original. I know 1.5 has Impmon as an unlockable character and has other Tamers characters. I vaguely recall it also having Ryo Akyiama in it too.

Who remembers Digimon World: Championship. Me and my friends got addicted to that game for some reason.

I never got into that game, seemed like to much work.

Anyone play Digimon World 4? The Gauntlet clone where Agumon digivolved into Dorumon, who digivolved into V-Mon...

ZeedMillenniummon89 said:
Wasn't that the game where we saw Coronamon and Lunamon's In-Training forms, Sunmon and Moonmon?
Their baby forms were in Dawn/Dusk as well. VictoryGreymon and ZeedGarurumon were in that game tho.

Darkanine said:
I never got into that game, seemed like to much work.
Anyone play Digimon World 4? The Gauntlet clone where Agumon digivolved into Dorumon, who digivolved into V-Mon...
Never played any of the original Digimon World Games. If Next 0rder was any indication, I don't want to either...I like the RPG style Digimon games better.

Are Mokumon and SnowBotamon canonically their "natural" Fresh forms since they evolve to Sunmon and Moonmon in the game? If so, why'd they go there instead of making original Fresh forms?

Are Mokumon and SnowBotamon canonically their "natural" Fresh forms since they evolve to Sunmon and Moonmon in the game? If so, why'd they go there instead of making original Fresh forms?
Well Moonmon and Sunmon were in Dawn and Dusk. Also I believe they are the canon Fresh Forms.

The Digimon World games are weird beczuse literally each one is a completely different genre.

• Digimon World 1: Pet Sim
  • Digimon World 2: Dungeon Crawling RPG
  • Digimon World 3: Final Fantasy mixed with Pokemon style RPG
  • Digimon World 4: Action RPG/Gauntlet Clone.
They were all different games/series in Japan to my knowledge, but were all branded as "Digimon World" in the west for brand appeal. Yay for corporate meddling.

Sort of? You could only have one Digimon on the field at once, and you had a very small variety of selectable Digimon, but each had pretty complex Digivolution trees. Digivolution was both a super-attack and a selectable form you could take. I guess the best way I could explain it would be like a "Turn Based Fighting Game" if that makes any sense.

Digimon World 2 is closer to Dawn/Dusk/DS, but those games were muuuuch more refined. Knowing how rough those games could be, that should give you an idea how aged World 2 was.

Also, BanchoLeomon looks like Jotaro and Dantemon looks like Star Platinum.
Timemon looks like The World as well. The references are obvious.

How are the two Agumon's (the one that becomes Omnimon and the one that becomes ShineGreymon Burst Mode) distinguished when they're in the same game/card set?

They're not really, Greymon and GeoGreymon are just treated as a split evolution, like Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan.

Yeah, most recent games just pick and choose which design they wann use. Personally I like Saver Agumon more tho. ovo

Dragonmasterxyz said:
It seems as though Digimon Linkz is confirmed coming to the west very soon.

I hope it's possible to register through a Google Play account, the random password system is very complicated and could end up causing problems easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back