• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Digimon Discussion Thread: X-Antibodies be Crazy

Yeah it doesn't seem like he got one shot. Though this does mean Alphamon Ouryuken Mode > Lucemon Satan Mode.

I took some time, but finally bring my quick review of the last clash battle chapter. Buffyta17 cuts a lot of the cutescenes, that happened before Alphamon Ouryuken attack, in trade of an quick summary of everything. So I looked for another channel with the scenes, which I had already used to do some translations before, to bring that up. So, let's go.

• The battle begins with Lucemon SM using Purgatorial Flames while Craniummon, Dukemon and Magnamon tries to protect everyone, but they affirm that they would last longer (This was already said by Dukemon and Examon in the chapter before this one, so it's consistent). They specify that while they try to protect everyone, the other Royal Knights and Tamers are focusing on attacking Lucemon SM:
  • Dukemon is very tired after the attack and collapses on the ground, but even so he tries not to give up and Craniummon is said to be the one that is "keeping the defense" still working, which makes sense since the others were already badly damaged by the previous battle;
  • We see a scene of the other Royal Knights attacking. Duftmon describes that most attacks are being simply absorbed by Lucemon SM, while the only attacks that do some damage are useless because the wounds are immediately regenerated;
  • Alphamon then says that the right amount of damage must be done and then a strategy begins. Ulforce V-Dramon and Sleipmon try to distract Lucemon SM so that Dynasmon and LordKnightmon attack, but all damage is absorbed by Lucemon. The strategy continues, but now aided by Gankoomon, Jesmon and the Tamers who were there;
  • Lucemon SM counter attacks again with Purgatorial Flame, but Magnamon, Dukemon and Craniummon keep trying to defend, but are at their limits. Duftmon says they just have to take one more attack and calls Examon;
  • Examon then attacks Lucemon SM. Examon then reveals that his lance, Ambrosius, is loaded with many special shells stocked with viruses and with Duftmon's help, they prepared a special virus for Lucemon SM. Avalon Gate is effective and the virus corrupts Lucemon SM, but Duftmon specifies that it will only work for a short instant;
  • Omegamon tells Alphamon to go ahead, Alphamon agrees with the idea, but immediately Lucemon SM counter attacks with Divine Atonement. The attack overcomes the barrier formed by Magnamon, Dukemon and Craniummon thus affecting everyone. Sleipmon says they were almost defeated by the power of this single attack. Magnamon tries to see what happened to Alphamon and Omegamon, we see only fallen Omegamon saying "Alphamon, now is your chance". Alphamon thanks Omegamon for protecting him, and prepares to attack while the virus created by Examon and Duftmon is still effective;
  • The other Royal Knights comment about being on the situation, Ulforce V-Dramon apologizes for not being able to help, the last attack had been too much for him. Alphamon says this is going to be an attack through the bonds between the Tamers and the Royal Knights;
  • The attack works, but Lucemon has been absorbed by Gehenna, only referred to in the story as "The sphere of darkness that Lucemon SM carries", and they realize that this is not over yet and more is to come. Nothing is really revealed after that, just interactions between Royal Knights, them thinking about what happened, and a thank you for the Tamers' help, since without them the victory would not have been possible.
About the Clash Battle of Alphamon Ouryuken, nothing new was really revealed. Like Susanoomon's, they only reference official profiles with a few more comments from other profiles or franchise events. For example, Susanoomon's Clash Battle spent more time talking about Susanoomon being the God of "Destruction and Regenerationn" and how this is explained by his function to destroy and create a new system when the old one is corrupted. But it does give some other insights from other profiles, such as ZERO ARMS Orochi, and events since Susanoomon is referred to as "having defeated the Devil Digimon" and referring to when he defeated Lucemon.

Likewise, Alphamon Ouryuken's Clash Battle begins with the beginning of Alphamon's profile, talking about how it is a force against the Holy Knights, even though it is itself a Holy Knights. It also talks about Alphamon using "digimoji circles" to defend and attack.

Then there's a talk about Ouryuken, talking about its creation, just as it is in Alphamon Ouryuken's profile. However later the description changes to refer to information contained in Ouryumon's profiles such as the fact that it contains data from "Generals" and "Dragons" as well as a reference to Huanglongmon, but this time it was not in relation to the Ougai and Oukai attacks but it is said "It is said that its power has its roots with the god of the Digital World, Huanglongmon, although this is uncertain".

It is vaguer and may refer to more than just the source of a single attack, but it is not really new, much less confirmed. So far, the Clash Battle descriptions have really brought nothing really new, just more descriptions than what we already knew.

Interview with the producer Hiroyuki Sakurada and the screenplay writer Atsuhiro Tomioka.

1. What points should we pay attention to in the new visual poster?

Sakurada:
There's the new Digivice that Taichi is holding, as well as the starring characters whose designs have changed a bit. In the background, the bottom part of it is the real world, while the upper part is the Digital World.

2. What kind of story is it?

Tomioka:
Digimon will cause dangers in the real world, which Taichi and the others will solve through the Digital World. There will be some realism in the dangers that happen.

3. What are the highlights of this series?

Sakurada:
The battle scenes, which will make the best use of each Digimon's "special trait." How they face on the ability of the Digimon attacking them will differ. We'll be showing each monster's charmpoint through their fighting.

4. What Digimon will appear in the show?

Tomioka:
It will be like a festival. We'll be showing as many as possible, according to the situation, without holding back. We also have a small surprise ready after their partner has evolved!

Translations from WtW

• About Kizuna
There are 30,000 chosen children with Digimon partners in 2010 around the world at the time the movie takes place

The Digimon community is set up online as kind of a help site to make co-existing comfortable between Digimon and humans. If there's a Digimon in trouble, the children can use gates to get there and help them and such.

The functions of the old Digivice have been ported into the new smartphone device, and the kids can use both. The smartphone device has the ability to open digital gates.

The movie has homages to "Bokura no War Game" with the digital tunnels that the Digimon used in the internet.

Tamura says there's a tough fight right at the very beginning.

Kinoshita says to watch the conversation "between two geniuses" (Menoa and Koushiro) & the children's reactions watching the countdown on their Digivices.

When they talk about Taichi living on his own, Agumon comments that "Taichi actually keeps a pretty neat house."

Aspects of the movies animation is still being worked on, but various recording/production details are finished. Seki Hiromi was present for recording and told Kinoshita she loved it and it made her remember about the past quite a bit.

Before the post-recording period, the 02 actors came together to meet eachother, test reading lines together, etc. Iori's actor was nervous about meeting Megumi Urawa (Iori and Armadimon in 02, and Armadimon in the new movie), but came out relieved when she said he was just like Iori.

After recording their parts, the 02 actors went out to eat together to celebrate, and they have been pressuring Kinoshita to make sure their characters show up in future media.

The 'glowing' Digivice is linked to the 'last evolution' that Agumon mentions in the preview.

• About Survive
Q- About Choices. How much will choices made affect the story? What other effects will choices have other than changing story direction?

Habu- Choices made during the adventuer part will affect the evolution of your Digimon, and this evolution is what will change the story. There are 3 story routes, plus 1 hidden route. What route you're on determine which characters may survive or die.

Habu says that when you are in a route, the set/collection of the choices you make could unlock another evolution, so he wants the player to play the game to completion. So even if your Digimon has evolved one way in one route, it might evolve to something more in another route.

He thinks these kinds of evolutions will unlock when you play the game the 2nd of 3rd time.

Q: About tactical battles. What makes your game system unique compared to other SRPGs (simulation RPGs)?

Habu: It's a turn-based tactical battle system, and the Digimon evolve during battle. They use up energy to evolve. Using special attacks also uses up energy, so maintaining the evolved state while having an advantage in battle will be a big key to the battle system

They are building the game with the anime's version of battle in mind, with the way the Digimon evolve and de-evolve.

Q: About the appearing Digimon. Did you choose the Digimon partners/their types in Survive based on the partners in Digimon Adventure?

Habu: In the games, I like to feature minor Digimon that didn't get to appear much in the anime. The reason we have Agumon as the protagonist's Digimon however, is we like to incorporate user opinions, and Agumon was the top choice of "Who would you like as a Digimon partner?" and "Who is a Digimon you know?"

He mentions they're thinking of giving different evolutions to Agumon that we haven't seen before in the anime and elsewhere.

The other Digimon partners will have evolutions that even the more 'maniac' (super diehard) fans will enjoy.

The 'original' types have been chosen to match the atmosphere of the game, with some rare new ones here and there.

Other questions will be answered later on the Twitter or the website (Just like what they did with the Q&A from "The Future of Digimon").

it wasnt out of no where, its the first of 5 shorts that the fans crowd funded and the first was always stated to be coming out before kizuna

Major Kizuna spoiler

The problem of "When you grow up, you lose your Digimon" is not solved. The film ends with Taichi and Yamato without Agumon or Gabumon only on the promise that they will meet again.

The producers confirmed that they still exist and are not dead, that was a problem for the American website, apparently, and that this ending will lead to the epilogue of 02.

A Kizuna sequence is possible.

As part of the Memorial Story crowdfunding projet, today there was a limited screening of the film for the supporters (With a Staff talk and some other things). The entire plot of the film has already been revealed.

I don't know if this is a spoiler, but we aren't going to see any Ultimates/Megas for anyone that isn't Taichi or Yamato (In fact, if it wasn't by one exception, not even Perfects).

This is funny, basically my blogs have been confirmed lol

If you read my blogs, you know that I don't do that of "There are multiple digital worlds" and I treat everything as one thing.

I had my reasons for not believing in these theories, but I never made that clear on blogs, but basically Habu confirmed it. There are no "multiple digital worlds" as some fans believe, I say one for each work in the franchise, but only a select few digital worlds.

There are three Digital Worlds, a Digital World ruled by Yggdrasil, the Iliad ruled by Homeros and another Digital World.
I was wondering if Witchelny would be the third Digital World, but Witchelny is the Digital World that exists in a parallel world.
I was surprised to find several setting that I don't know how long ago they were created while several things were arriving to summarize the setting of the new Digimon Story.
Source

I knew there had to be at least 2 Digital Worlds considering Illiad (Also, it took me reading some old literature to understand why it's called Illiad...).

And after that how much more to understand why the Host Computer is called Homeros ? lol

New Survive Characters: Kaito Shinonome and Dracmon

Kaito: Although he hates unjust things and has a strong sense of duty, he easily loses his temper.

Dracmon: Kaito's mischievous Partner who is not afraid of anything.

This is all we know so far.

Kaito Reveal

So our MC's are

Takuma and Agumon

Aoi and Labramon

Minoru and Falcomon

Ryo and Kunemon

Saki and Floramon

Shuuji and Lopmon

Kaito and Dracmon

One last girl who I think is Kaito's younger sister.

Back