• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Digimon Discussion Thread Survive

Status
Not open for further replies.
That seems to be true, to at least some extent. It appears that one human alone wouldn't have much impact, but if the total human population agrees on something the digital world, and it's inhabitants, can change to reflect that. I guess that means back when magic was the medium used to interact with Digimon, 1s and 0s wouldn't have been a form of expression Digimon used at all. So rather than saying they absorbed each other's data, they would likely refer to it as "essence", "soul", "spirit", or something of a similar idea.

Edit: Could it be true that humans and Digimon influenced each other, then? If human consensus changes the digital world, it could be that Digimon sightings lead to legends and myths, which in turn changed the digital world to better fit the ideas conceived by the human cultures around the world.

That moment when you stop and realise that humans still made Digimon even with all the evidence to the contrary and it blows your mind.

HenryWong122 said:
That moment when you stop and realise that humans still made Digimon even with all the evidence to the contrary and it blows your mind.
Humans didn't make Digimon. Well there are some manmade Digimon like Darkdramo, but humans didn't make Digimon as a species in verse.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
HenryWong122 said:
Humans didn't make Digimon. Well there are some manmade Digimon like Darkdramo, but humans didn't make Digimon as a species in verse.
Stop and think about it!

Wait, doesn't that have some implications regarding that old rumour about Megidramon and ChaosGallantmon? If human thought can change the Digital World, or at least change how the ideas of the digital world are presented, then does that mean Megidramon and ChaosGallantmon might actually be the same being?

I don't recall it ever coming up in the games or manga, but it was always one of my favourite Digimon in-universe myths.

Likely. It can still be considered that they are one in the same and change depending on the person. Or at that specific time. It's odd bit of in verse theory and lore that I think remain unclear on purpose because the mystery makes the two much cooler in nature.

ive actually head canoned the "digimon world already existed, it was humans managing to contact them, not create them" for a long time, so its nice to see it said as canon at least for adventure and habu games

From what I remember, Metamormon was a villain from one of the extra chapters of V-Tamer, wherein Takuya from the Frontier series was transported to the digital world of V-Tamer and teams up with that world's Taichi to defeat Metamormon. It's abilities are to copy the shape and powers of any Digimon it sees. The data for these transformations is stored in a mechanical piece or core inside it's chest, with a large portion of it being external and thus weak to direct attacks. Even with said core damaged, Metamormon can transform into any Digimon within it's sight range, it just loses the ability to store that information and transform later. It might also have the ability to travel between dimensions or universes, but I can't remember what the exact statements were regarding it because it's been a while since my last time reading V-Tamer.

It's not overwhelmingly strong and was defeated with a simple slide evolution, but it had apparently defeated the tamers of various universes and was planning to continue doing so, which makes it seem fairly dangerous. If I had to guess regarding the scaling, it could scale to AeroVeedramon seeing as it battled with Taichi and Takuya but it's statistics would likely be better listed as varying depending on it's transformation. A list of the Digimon we know are stored in it's memory would be useful as well, since it's clear that Metamormon prefers to transform when fighting. I also can't remember if it ever battled them directly in it's normal form, but I do recall it using beam attacks to destroy towns.

This is all I remember without checking the chapter itself and I assume I'm getting some information wrong, but whoever decides to make the profile can learn all they need to from that chapter anyway. This is mainly to give anybody in the thread who is unaware a quick crash course on the Digimon in question.

Close. The world Takuya is transported to is a different world from the one of V-Tamer. Taichi and Zero are also summoned by Babamon. I guess that also gives Babamon a feat.

Right, I forgot they were both summoned. I guess that might mean Metamormon wouldn't have any sort of dimensional or universal travel, but I honestly don't remember. Though Babamon having the power to summon humans and Digimon is an interesting potential addition I suppose?

Edit: Is Babamon even on the wiki? I did a quick search and didn't find anything, so either she doesn't have a profile or I searched poorly.

It has no profile, but soon it should have. At least that's what I imagine happening after all these revisions

As far as I know, granted this is based just on my memory, Metamormon's scan ability did increase it's stats, since that was how they defeated it. Takuya turned into Agnimon, and performed slide evolution to Vritramon when Metamormon copied Agnimon's stats. This worked to KO it since it's ability to store data had been damaged, which meant it could only transform into Digimon within it's range at that moment. Takuya knew that and picked Agnimon first, since he knew that slide evolution would work fast enough to surprise Metamormon, and Vritramon being stronger than Agnimon meant he'd win their physical clash. I vaguely recall it transforming into Goddramon at one point, but I can't confirm that at the moment.

Metamormo is a Mutant Digimon. It is a phantasmagoric replicating Digimon, and those who meet Metamormon never forget it.

Attacks

• Laser Translation: Analyzes and transforms into an enemy.
  • Trancey Rave: Pulverizes the enemy.
Metamormo is a Digimon born from a sudden mutation.[2] The device on his chest allows him to scan a Digimon and then copy their form, including their special abilities.

In this side story, Taichi and Zeromaru teamed up with Takuya Kanbara from the Frontier continuity to save Babamo's village from Metamormon. At first, Metamormon became an Imperialdramon Fighter Mode and attacked them. He later became Ghoulmo to fight Agunimo. When Agunimon Slide Evolved into BurningGreymo, Metamormon became Imperialdramon Fighter Mode again and attacked BurningGreymon while he was fighting with Zeromaru. With Takuya injured, Zeromaru had to fight Metamormon on his own. As Metamormon became Goldramo and continued the fight, Taichi and Zeromaru noticed that Metamormon's Memory System was in the device on his chest. Despite being injured, Takuya became Agunimon again and grabbed Metamormon until the shape-shifting Digimon became Agunimon, giving Zeromaru a hard time. The fake Agunimon attacked but Taichi and Agunimon came up with a plan. Agunimon launched himself towards Metamormon, then reverted back to his human form, which Metamormon was unable to mimic. Takuya then Spirit Evolved into BurningGreymon and defeated Metamormon. Zeromaru finished the job by slaying him. Metamormon is currently the fastest and one of the most powerful and one of the most dangerous Digimon of all time, even if he doesn't always show his full power or full speed. Frontier Generation

Copied Forms
Imperialdramon Fighter Mode

Ghoulmo

Goldramo

Agunimo

I did misremember something then, if that summary is accurate. I'd thought the slide evolution was performed during their last encounter as part of the finishing move, but this states he instead turned back into a human to confuse it. The implication would mean he can only copy Digimon, which severely limits Metamormon's fighting ability. His already copied forms are quite powerful and the ability to switch between them is quite useful, but being unable to copy non-digital beings means that if it's Memory System should be compromised as it is in the story, Metamormon would be forced to fight in it's base form. Granted most characters wouldn't know or think to attack it, so it's not a debilitating weakness.

I really need to re-read that series. I've probably forgotten so much.

I remember when Ryo Akiyama and Taichi get into an argument about which one of them should beat Vikemon and the feavor of the argument starts to weaken Vikemon.

Yeah I remember that, Taichi and Ryo had been arguing back and forth throughout their initial conversations so while I usually prefer non-joke endings to combat encounters it felt somewhat justifiable in that case, especially since I'm willing to bet Cyberdramon or Zero would have been quite able to beat Vikemon anyway. I prefer the way One Piece and Dragon Ball did it, where the joke isn't related directly to a character's loss but explains their resistance to the villain's preferred method of attack, but in this case they had only one chapter to work with so it wasn't feasible.

VindictiveLoser said:
I did misremember something then, if that summary is accurate. I'd thought the slide evolution was performed during their last encounter as part of the finishing move, but this states he instead turned back into a human to confuse it. The implication would mean he can only copy Digimon, which severely limits Metamormon's fighting ability. His already copied forms are quite powerful and the ability to switch between them is quite useful, but being unable to copy non-digital beings means that if it's Memory System should be compromised as it is in the story, Metamormon would be forced to fight in it's base form. Granted most characters wouldn't know or think to attack it, so it's not a debilitating weakness.
I really need to re-read that series. I've probably forgotten so much.
Was he unable to copy Takuya, or was Takuya's human form weak enough that he didnt deem it a threat/ worth copying

I just found out that my mistype is an actual word... That means kind the same thing as scrapped. But you are correct, the are not in fact scarpped

Marcusbwfc said:
that's a bootleg game and is not a digimon. or at the least its a fan art of cho-hakkaimon without her pig clothes
You act like Digimon doesn't commonly use fan-made designs.

from official contests where they ask you to submit them tbf.

this in particular is just a bootleg game with a fan made mon

yes. its a bootleg that has cloned the official game digimon soul chaser whilst adding some of its own content. It's digital master digimon, I already know what it is as it crops up pretty often. an interesting tidibit is the fact the digimon part is at the end, something no official game has ever done.

interestingly, the English version seems to be a fan translation based on what I can find on the reddit page they have set up.

the admins of the facebook page seem to just be random people and there's a lot of them. (and note that the facebook group is linked on the "official" site for this game) but also includes links to "fan made groups", for some reason. also fan made guides.

it seems its not on the IOS store either, as I just looked and you can only get it through downloading it on their website. why would they not put it on the store alongside rearise and links if this was bandai

only thing mentioned for dev/publishing is "MGAME CLOUD TECHNOLOGY CO.,LTD.". no bandai. and since when do mobile games have "official discords"?

this is a, very well done, bootleg, though most of their assets are ripped from the korean official game digimon soul chaser. they still have some actual stuff they made though like the sistermons. I wish it was real, since theyre in there, but its not.

so yes, that cho-hokkaimon evolution is fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back