• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Digimon Discussion Thread Survive

Status
Not open for further replies.
and ive just been poking around their "official discord", the admins in that discord are the ones who do the updates for the game, post about maintenance etc. not sure how theyre able to get away with this, but I guess it's because they dont have it on the stores officially

also the sistermon ciel they have is the censored one from the ps4 games lol

Digimon Adventure Partner Digimon with Pokemon Types

Agumon (Fire)-Greymon (Fire)-MetalGreymon (Fire/Steel): They are Fire because none of them are actually Dragons and MetalGreymon is part Steel because he's a Cyborge

Tentomon (Bug/Electric)-Kabuterimon (Bug/Electric)-MegaKabuterimon (Bug/Electric): Obviously because it's a Bug with Electrical powers.

Biyomon (Fire/Flying)-Birdramon (Fire/Flying)-Garudamon (Fire/Flying): Birdramon is a fiery bird and there is no reason Biyomon and Garudamon wouldn't be Fire types also.

Patamon (Flying)-Angemon (Fairy/Flying)-MagnaAngemon (Fairy/Flying): Angemon and MagnaAngemon are part Fairy because it's the closest to Light and Patamon is Flying because of all of it's Air based attacks.

Gabumon (Ice)-Garurumon (Ice)-WereGarurumon (Ice): These three are the hardest to give types to.

Gomamon (Water)-Ikkakumon (Water/Ice)-Zudomon (Water/Ice): Gomamon is Water because he is a Gomafu Azarashi (spotted seal) and the becomes ice type upon Digivolving.

Palmon (Grass/Posion)-Togemon (Grass/Poison)-Lillymon (Grass/Poison): It makes no sense for Palmon to lose the Poison type upon Digivolving.

Salamon (Fairy)-Gatomon (Fairy)-Angewomon (Fairy/Flying): Same thing as with Angemon and MagnaAngemon.

I'm going to do the other Partner Digimon so tell me what you think.

Nice but you forgot their Mega forms lol. Admittedly none of those require much thought.

Are you gonna just go through partner mons season by season?

AnonymousBlank said:
Nice but you forgot their Mega forms lol. Admittedly none of those require much thought.
Are you gonna just go through partner mons season by season?
I'm doing their Rookie to Ultimate forms only to better fit with Pokemon.

Yes I am!

Digimon Adventure 02 Partner Digimon with Pokemon Types

Veemon (Dragon)-ExVeemon (Dragon/Flying)-Paildramon (Dragon/Flying): They're Dragon-type because ExVeemon is a purebreed Veedramon and Paildramon is a Dramon.

Hawkmon (Flying)-Aquilamon (Flying)-Silphymon (Flying): They're Birds and Silphymon is a Air Elemental.

Armadimon (Ground)-Ankylomon (Ground/Steel)-Shakkoumon (Ground/Steel): Armadimon is Ground because he's a Armadillo like Sandshrew, Ankylomon is part Steel because he has steel spikes and a steel club/flail for a tail, Shakkoumon is part Steel because his debut episode is called "Steel Angle Shakkoumon".

Wormmon (Bug)-Stingmon (Bug)-Dinobeemon (Bug/Dragon): Obviously Wormmon and Stingmon are bug's so they get the Bug-type and Dinobeemon is part dragon because it is a chimera of a dragon and an insect.

The reason they digivolve like this is because these are they're natural Perfect/Ultimates in Digimon Tamers: Brave Tamer.

MetalGreymon is actually stated to be a Dragon. And of course WarGreymon is as well. But I do believe Fire and Steel works more. Also, Lillymon fits more as a Grass/Fairy type and Togemon arguably fits as a Grass/Fighting type.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
MetalGreymon is actually stated to be a Dragon. And of course WarGreymon is as well. But I do believe Fire and Steel works more.
Also, Lillymon fits more as a Grass/Fairy type and Togemon arguably fits as a Grass/Fighting type.
https://wikimon.net/Metal_Greymo Where on this page does it say MetalGreymon is a dragon? No, the fact that it belongs to the Dragon's Roar field does not mean it's a Dragon. Fields are more like egg groups than anything else.

Why in the hell would Palmon lose it's Poison-type, Togemon gain and then lose it's Fighting-type? Fairy would probably be more likely Lilimon's Species name then it's type, like how before Gen 6 Snubble and Granbull were the Fairy Pokemon.

Looking at its move set, I'd argue MetalGrey should be Steel/Dragon. Statements as a dragon, dragon roar group and even turns into a dragon man next stage.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Not talking about Dragon's Roar. I am talking about this.
MetalGreymon Dragon
hy┬Àper┬Àbo┬Àle

/h─½╦êpərbəlē/

nou

1. exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.

AnonymousBlank said:
Looking at its move set, I'd argue MetalGrey should be Steel/Dragon. Statements as a dragon, dragon roar group and even turns into a dragon man next stage.
Seeing as how I'm only doing the Child/Rookie, Adult/Champion and Perfect/Ultimate Stages that last point is moot. Not a single one of MetalGreymon's attacks as anything to do with Dragons and like I said, the fact that it belongs to the Dragon's Roar field does not mean it's a Dragon. Fields are more like egg groups than anything else.

Henry, please. That's not how Hyperbole works. Stating it's a dragon is not hyperbole. Stating it's undefeated is the only thing that can even remotely be considered Hyperbole. Prove the claim of it being a dragon is Hyperbole. Please do. And being called a Cyborg Digimon doesn't make you any less a Dragon. See Machinedramon.

Saying it's undefeated isn't even a hyperbole. The description says that it's undefeated, not undefeatable. The former means it's won all the battles it's fought which is backed up by the first part of the sentence "After winning numerous battles", while the latter means that it can't lose.

Digimon Tamer Partner Digimon with Pokemon Types

Guilmon (Fire)-Growlmon (Fire)-WarGrowlmon (Fire/Steel): Because he's supposed to be Agumon but better.

Terriermon (Normal)-Gargomon (Normal/Steel)-Rapidmon (Normal/Steel): I couldn't think of any better types for these Three.

Renamon (Grass)-Kyubimon (Fire)-Taomon (Dark): Doing exactly what Cyber Sleuth and Hacker's Memory did.

Monodramon (Dragon)-Strikedramon (Dragon/Steel)-Cyberdramon (Dragon/Steel): He's Dragon because he's a Dramon and the other two are Steel because of the Metal Plates on Strikedramon.

Lopmon (Dark)-Turuiemon (Dark/Fighting)-Antylamon (Dark/Fighting): Because it works I really don't have a good reason for making them these types except this is what Dawn and Dusk did.

Impmon (Dark)-Wizardmon (Dark)-Baalmon (Dark): These are pure Dark because I couldn't think of any other type I though would fit them.

Hagurumon (Steel)-Guardromon (Steel)-Andromon (Steel): These guys are Steel-type because they're Robots/Cyborgs.

Pichimon (Water)-MarineAngemon (Water/Fairy): I chose these types because they work and the reason there is only the two is because there really isn't any good digimon that come between them.

"Why in the hell would Palmon lose it's Poison-type, Togemon gain and then lose it's Fighting-type? Fairy would probably be more likely Lilimon's Species name then it's type, like how before Gen 6 Snubble and Granbull were the Fairy Pokemon."

You realize Pokemon can also lose types and gain new ones upon evolving right? See Surskit, Gallade and Azuril. Also, Lillymon obvious fits more on the theme of a fairy type than a Poison type overall by having more fairy qualities than Poison qualities. And Snubbull is a bad example as when they were made, the Fairy Typing didn't exist, but the moment it did, they gained the type.

I feel that Guilmon should be considered part Dragon type. Losing the fire typing for steel with WarGrowlmon.

Meanwhile, I think he Steel/Dragon typing would also fit well for the entire Dorumon line.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Henry, please. That's not how Hyperbole works. Stating it's a dragon is not hyperbole. Stating it's undefeated is the only thing that can even remotely be considered Hyperbole. Prove the claim of it being a dragon is Hyperbole. Please do. And being called a Cyborg Digimon doesn't make you any less a Dragon. See Machinedramon.
Dragonmasterxyz said:
"Why in the hell would Palmon lose it's Poison-type, Togemon gain and then lose it's Fighting-type? Fairy would probably be more likely Lilimon's Species name then it's type, like how before Gen 6 Snubble and Granbull were the Fairy Pokemon." You realize Pokemon can also lose types and gain new ones upon evolving right? See Surskit, Gallade and Azuril. Also, Lillymon obvious fits more on the theme of a fairy type than a Poison type overall by having more fairy qualities than Poison qualities. And Snubbull is a bad example as when they were made, the Fairy Typing didn't exist, but the moment it did, they gained the type.
St-879 say it's an iron dragon and we all know or at least we all should know, thet it's not made out of iron. Also, the fact that the word Dragon can also mean a fierce and intimidating person.

First of all the fact that Surskit loses it's Water typing is dumb, I have nothing against Pokemon gaining types and I don't acknowledge that last type change, I mean Azurill had a 25% chance of becoming a Male Pokemon upon evolving, sometimes GameFreak is dumb. Also, I accept that wasn't the best example but you understood what I meant.

?

dragon

/╦êdra╔í(ə)n/

nou

noun: drago; plural noun: dragons; noun: flying drago; plural noun: flying dragons

1. 1.
a mythical monster like a giant reptile. In European tradition the dragon is typically fire-breathing and tends to symbolize chaos or evil, whereas in East Asia it is usually a beneficent symbol of fertility, associated with water and the heavens.

• DEROGATORY
a fierce and intimidating woman.

"the geography teacher was a real dragon"

1. 2.
another term for flying lizard.

• AUSTRALIAN
any lizard of the agama family.

Yes. The text was referring to MetalGrey being a dangerous woman ...... totally.

"St-879 say it's an iron dragon and we all know or at least we all should know, thet it's not made out of iron."

You realize that using iron simply means it's very powerful and durable. Not that it is literally iron. Doesn't contradict the dragon bit. Just like we call Superman the "Man of Steel" when he's not actually made of steel. He's just strong.

"Also, the fact that the word Dragon can also mean a fierce and intimidating person."

Even if this is true context is everything. Digimon never uses dragon in this way. Every time Digimon uses Dragon, they refer to the reptilian creature known as a dragon. You are literally trying to nitpick details in order to try and make you interpretation correct when it is objectively false. You do this all the time. Just stop it.

AnonymousBlank said:
    • DEROGATORY
a fierce and intimidating woman.

"the geography teacher was a real dragon"

Yes. The text was referring to MetalGrey being a dangerous woman ...... totally.
Nice to see you removed a word.

"a fierce and intimidating person, especially a woman."

Even with the removed words it still doesn't change the gaping flaw in your reasoning. Obviously, Digimon is calling MetalGreymon an iron fierce and intimidating person or woman instead of an iron reptilian beast. Common sense Henry...

Dragonmasterxyz said:
"St-879 say it's an iron dragon and we all know or at least we all should know, thet it's not made out of iron."
You realize that using iron simply means it's very powerful and durable. Not that it is literally iron. Doesn't contradict the dragon bit. Just like we call Superman the "Man of Steel" when he's not actually made of steel. He's just strong.

"Also, the fact that the word Dragon can also mean a fierce and intimidating person."

Even if this is true context is everything. Digimon never uses dragon in this way. Every time Digimon uses Dragon, they refer to the reptilian creature known as a dragon. You are literally trying to nitpick details in order to try and make you interpretation correct when it is objectively false. You do this all the time. Just stop it.
Quick Question! Are you the one doing this or am I? I'm am, so if you want to do one of these be my guest but wait till i'm finished. Now do you have any thoughts about the Season 2 or 3 partner's types?

"Quick Question! Are you the one doing this or am I? I'm am, so if you want to do one of these be my guest but wait till i'm finished. Now do you have any thoughts about the Season 2 or 3 partner's types?"

Are we really playing this game. Mkay, let's play. I couldn't give a flying **** whose doing this list. You made flawed reasoning and I pointed it out. If you can't accept criticism, then you should not comment here. If I see flawed reasoning, I will point it out. Thank you.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
"Quick Question! Are you the one doing this or am I? I'm am, so if you want to do one of these be my guest but wait till i'm finished. Now do you have any thoughts about the Season 2 or 3 partner's types?"
Are we really playing this game. Mkay, let's play. I couldn't give a flying **** whose doing this list. You made flawed reasoning and I pointed it out. If you can't accept criticism, then you should not comment here. If I see flawed reasoning, I will point it out. Thank you.
Well, **** YOU TOO THEN!

pokemon have mega forms too, meaning four forms is fine lol.

also I myself have noticed he gets offensive and pissed off if you criticise something, like when I pointed out a few errors in his attack inheritable lists.

Flamemon (Fire)-Agnimon (Fire)-BurningGreymon (Fire/Flying): They're Fire-type because they're the Spirit of Fire and BurningGreymon is part Flying because he is the first of the digivolutions that can fly.

Strabimon (Fairy)-Lobomon (Fairy)-KendoGarurumon (Fairy/Steel): They're Fairy-type because it's the closest to the Light-type and KendoGarurumon is part Steel-type because he's a Cyborg.

Kumamon (Ice)-Korikkakumon (Ice): They're Ice-type because they're the Human and Beast Spirit of Ice.

Kazemon (Fairy/Flying)-Shutumon (Fairy/Flying): They're Fairy-type because Kazemon Japanese name is straight up Fairimon and they're Flying-type because they're the Human and Beast Spirit of Wind.

Beetlemon (Electric)-MetalKabuterimon (Electric/Steel): They're Electric-type because they are the Human and Beast Spirit of Thunder and MetalKabuterimon is part Steel-type because he's based on a tank.

Lowemon (Dark)-KaiserLeomon (Dark): They are the Dark-type because they are the Human and Beast Spirit of Darkness.

Grumblemon (Ground or Ground/Rock)-Gigasmon (Ground or Ground/Rock): They're either Ground or Ground/Rock because they're the Human and Beast Spirit of Earth.

Ranamon (Water or Water/Fairy)-Calamaramon (Water/Dark or Water/Fairy): They're Water type because they're the Human and Beast Spirit of Water, the reason why Calamaramon could be part Dark-type is because she's based on a squid and squid are
usualy depicted as evil which is Dark's Japanese name and the reason they could be Water/Fairy is because Ranamon is based on a Neried/Naiad which are a type of Water Fairy.

Arbormon (Grass)-Petaldramon (Grass/Dragon): They're Grass-type because they're the Human and Beast Spirit of Wood and Petaldramon is part Dragon because he's a Wood Dragon.

Mercuremon (Steel)-Sephirothmon (Steel): They're Steel-type because they're the Human and Beast Spirit of Steel.

Can you guys please talk about the other three? Positive criticism only, don't yell at me because I didn't make them the type that YOU wanted it to be.

The real question is, would Dorugoramon be steel/dragon or dragon/steel.

Also, Evidence that Dianamon is tier -INFINITY( Yes this is totally legit, I just had to grind a few thousand armegeddemon into wood chips)
20190422 074552

Digimon Savers Partner Digimon with Pokemon types.
Agumon (06) (Dragon)-GeoGreymon (Dragon)-RizeGreymon (Dragon/Steel): They're part Dragon because they're far more Dragon-like than Agumon-Greymon-MetalGreymon and RizeGreymon is part Steel because he's a Cyborg.
Lalamon (Grass)-Sunflowmon (Grass)-Lilamon (Grass/Fairy): They're Grass type because they're Plant Digimon and Lilamon is part Fairy-type because.
Gaomon (Fighting)-Gaogamon (Fighting)-MachGaogamon (Fighting/Steel): They're Fighting-type because Gaomon is a Boxer (haha) and he specializes in "Hit and Away" attacks (which is a boxing thing) and MachGaogamon is a Steel-type because it's a Cyborg.
Kudamon (06) (Fairy)-Reppamon (Fairy)-Tyilinmon (Fairy/Flying): The same problem with all the other Holy/Light Digimon and he's part Flying because "Its Special Moves are abruptly swooping from the skies, running through the opponent with the
horn on its head" and "This one-horned qilin gallops through a sea of clouds, draped in thunder!"
PawnChessmon (Steel)-KnightChessmon (Steel)-Bishop/RookChessmon (Steel): They're Steel type because they're made out of metal and Pokemon that are made of metal are commonly Steel-types.
Kamemon (Water)-Gawappamon (Water/Steel)-Shawujinmon (Water/Steel): They're Water type because they're based on the Kappa which is a water based Yokai and they're part Steel-type because they're Cyborgs.

I wanted the Digimon to be diverse and unique but for each evolution to be consistant with the one before it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back