• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Digimon Discussion Thread Hacker's Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Examon went from a second stage Ultimate/Mega to a Super Ultimate/Ultra Lvl Digimon? Why the sudden change though?

Super Ultimate is not a level, Watanabe already said that in interviews and Artbook has confirmed that. SU is just a "stronger than normal" appellation, I do not think it matters much because the authors often have no idea of the power of the characters.

Examon is a SU just because it is strong.

I think everyone knows the Habu interview to 4Gamer, it was the one that was revealed about the new game in the Story series.

But there is something very interesting about him that I have not seen translated, you can see the translation (In portuguese) in this page.

The Xros Wars era of the franchise was created to appeal to children, so it was decided to change the concept of Digimon to "Fusion" rather than "Evolution." However this was a failure. Habu received messages from Japanese fans saying that this was not Digimon, that the focus should be on "Evolution" and not "Fusion".

According to him the people who bought the products at that time were in high school or university, exactly the audience of the period of the games of the LCD (That is, the people who in the past bought the LCD games of Digimon grew and still older they still were the people who bought products of the franchise).

So Habu planned to make games focused on the older audience, but that was taboo in Bandai. For members of the Digimon company was a product unique to children, Habu even thought of asking the executives "So why can not you reach the audience of Digimon?". In the end he managed to get the approval to make new games, but about much questioning as the executives, stores, business partners asking him "why are you launching the game for PSP? The franchise audience are children, the game should go to the 3Ds or another platform that had a children's audience."

But the biggest problem was the lack of money to produce the game. According to Habu the products of the Xros Wars era like Lost Evolution and Super Xros Wars were a failure, the franchise was in a terrible time and had no money to produce a game. He doubted that the game would be ready, but somehow with the great work of the development team it was possible to launch the game.

Habu says that the game was not satisfactory and he wanted to make many changes, but still Re: Digitize was a sales success. In addition the sales of Digimon Collectors was also much higher than expected. These two games was the basis for Habu to show that Digimon could be for adults, according to him after that the idea of "Digimon is also for adults" spread by the company.

It was thanks to this that he can make games from the Cyber Sleuth series totally focused on the adult audience.

According to him the franchise is currently solid with the series World and Story. For him the target audience of Digimon World are the 25 year olds who played the LCD games while the Storys audience is a year or two younger because they would come from animes and other games. In the end he generalizes saying that currently the focus of the franchise is to attract people 20 years or older.

Appmon was another Bandai project. Basically Digimon was focusing on adults so a new franchise of monsters had to emerge for the infantile audience. The plan was quite clear "To make a franchise of monsters other than Digimon", but in the end they accepted the idea of including in Digimon to have the name of the franchise to help you succeed.

But the "Digimon is not for children" curse occurred and the Appmon games were a failure (This is mentioned in the post I put up).

Bandai has already started a new monsters franchise outside of Digimon, Code Bar. It uses the concepts of Appmon / Digimon and other new ones, the franchise trailer is also in the post that I left the link.

Nagatomi: Katou-san and Bandai created a proposal, within which 'Non-Digital Monsters' was writte. While this is a bit hard for me to say in front of Seki-san, who was involved in the creation of Digimon, I was extremely captivated by this catchphrase, and I really hoped to be able to create 'Appmon' from this concept.

They tried, just look at the interview on the production of Appmon. The original design was to be a franchise apart from Digimon, but in the end they decided to put it as being a sub-series of Digimon.

The anime was a success I believe, but the games were a failure (They sold less than 20% of the stock and we never knew about game sales). As you can see, Bandai has already started a completely new project out of Digimon to replace Appmon (At least is what I think about CodeBar monsters).

I found Bandai strange to create this for 3Ds, I thought they would do it for the Switch.

Well tbf the Switch is still new and the 3DS will probably be replaced by a handheld rather than the Switch. I was shocked that they were making a PriPara game for the Switch.

A record about blogging.

Download more than 5 times the same anime in different fansubs, thus obtaining several different subtitles and still not arriving at the conclusion of which to use OvO.

This new Digimon blog will be tricky to finish :/

And that's something I find strange, I can not find Digimon fansubs with the files still online. At the moment I only found Ryuu-Rogue with Adventure and Savers (Xros Wars was offline, I don't found a fansub with Frontier or Tamers) and for some reason the anime sites are not opening the episodes for me. I never thought it would be so hard to get stuff like this (And unfortunately Pokémon is in the same situation :/)

For me ********* is offline, but even while online it appeared the alert that the server was unstable and so the episode never went online. When I tried to download none of the servers continued with the file.

First Playthrough

Alphamon Ouryuken, Slayerdramon, Durandamon, Jesmon, Gallantmon CM, Megidramon, KaiserGreymon, Dorugoramon, GranDracmon.

Current Playthrough

Alphamon Ouryuken, Durandamon, Jesmon, Gallantmon CM, KaiserGreymon, Dorugoramon, Gryphonmon, Chaosdramon, Ouryumon, Arkadimon Ultra and Examon

Well, there's one thing I do not know how we're going to work. In the V-Pets and the information based on it (like instruction manuals or other texts that talk about the nature of the Digimon based on them) the Digimon has a limited life time. In World series games for example they end up dying of old age all the time, but I wonder how we are going to work this out.

Because during these games we have characters that also have Digimon, but they never die during the gameplay. In addition the members of the cities live for many years, we have Digimon that have existed since the emergence of the Digital World. And characters say openly that the Digimon are immortal having a ifinite life (So much so that the plot of the YMIR Project was to give the Digimon a finite life).

So if the Digimon die in the V-Pet or World Saga games would it be something like Gameplay mechanics? And what do you think about giving the Type 1 Immortality to Digimon based on that?

Digimon dying is game mechanics seeing as a majority of other evidence contradicts it. They would indeed have longevity.

Digimon from the V-pets are not natural digimon, they are man-made (see here, in the Data 03 sectio). The Next manga even gives them their own sub-species name: Art. Digimo. Art. Digimon have a lot of differences with natural ones, like depending of the tamer's love to live and such stuff.

I guess Zero from V-Tamer is also an Art. Digimon, but he gained immortality thanks to the Ulforce.

The universe where they exists, for starters, is a different one.

And, while Holy Beasts from Tamers are self made mons that exist since the dawn of time, the ones from Adventure are the evolved partners from the first generation of Chosen. Also, the Adventure ones are allergic to darkness.

Finally I'm finishing my new blog, now only need to convert from Portuguese to English. But having that on topic I ended up getting curious.

Digimon in Adventure would be a counterpart of the soul of your partner, can be either something similar to the partner or something opposite to it. The important thing is to find a balance.

What Digimon do you think would be your counterpart?

Guys!

We finally got official art of Chronomon DM, ChaosGrimmon and ExoGrimmon!!!

Finally we can get rid of those sprites. I'll render them when I get home.

We got official art of the World DS protagonist (both male and female) in the artbook. But nobody's scanned it (WtW has but afaik they don't allow scans to be shared without permission/credit).

If it's scans of stuff they didn't make themselves, I don't think they can "keep it" themselves, though we should give credit regardless.

Also found this info from wikimon as well.

The Chrono Core is a digital lifeform which serves as the main antagonist in Digimon Story: Sunburst and Moonlight. It is a sentient virus which degrades and destroys all data in the Digital World. It improved itself with the Digi-Entelechy produced by Culumon, and set out to take down Yggdrasill and rewrite the Digital World, in order to make the Digital World itself perish.
Also Grimmon has a unique classification. He is classified as a "Devil Dragon" Digimon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back